• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Conjurer's Grimoire does exist [spoiler]

S

Sarphus

I couldn't find the thread, but somewhere someone claimed to have received a spellbook called Conjurer's Grimoire from the graveyard spawns.

I just got one, so I went ahead and took a pic.

It looks like the skeletal liches drop an undead slayer talisman and this spellbook.

I have only received vampire bats from the black things that also spawn in doom.

PS. I got this spellbook after about 10 or so skeletal liches. I suspect it's not too terribly rare, but rather uncommon.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow that's nice! Did it drop in your pack or did you have to loot it?

S

Sarphus

I had to loot it... I was told that the talisman is 20 DI 10 HCI and undead slayer... if so, it's actually more powerful :)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i want one, you have to be in factions to get these??
im confused about these spawns and battles..

D

D'Amavir

*reads twice*

I think you need to cut back on the blackrock :)
I can clean it up for you. They added another item in the game that kills crafted items. There is no point trying to inscribe a good book when books like this drop on monsters so readily.

Welcome to IO! Items Online for the lose.

D

D'Amavir

I truly pity your ability to maintain such constant cynicism.
You mean my ability to read the stats on an item and compare those stats to another item?

Scrapper's
Blessed
Weight: None
Spell Damage Increase: 25%
Faster Cast Recovery 1
Faster Casting 1
Lower Mana Cost: 10% 100 Blank Scrolls
1 Dread Horn Mane
10 Taint
10 Corruption

A pretty nice item, granted. But, a lot of work especially when you factor in the cost of items (in either time or gold) and chance to succeed at creation.

But, what you fail to see is the constant boosting that items are getting. Boosted stats on spellbooks, then scrapper's, now this book. Next month, a new more powerful book. All of this instead of adding REAL content to the game. How many items du-jour is enough for you to finally get bored of your pixels? How much better would the game be if they had developers that could do more than just add stats to recolored items and drop them all over the place?

S

Sarphus

I can clean it up for you. They added another item in the game that kills crafted items. There is no point trying to inscribe a good book when books like this drop on monsters so readily.

Welcome to IO! Items Online for the lose.
I disagree...

I have an undead slayer scrappers and it is a superior book in every regard... well every regard except it doesn't have +15 magery. It serves a different purpose. What I'm trying to say is that I choose my undead scrappers over this book unless I need 15 magery off this book to max out my template.

Also, scrappers makes more sense when you're not using a slayer book (like if you're withering or something)

There's still plenty of reasons to scribe. I am certainly going to keep scribing scrappers.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope... you get these from the haloween spawns in the graveyards
Do you have to be on a quest to get them (I mean can you kill stuff in the graveyard without being on the quest and still get the drops?)

L

Lord Kynd

i want one, you have to be in factions to get these??
im confused about these spawns and battles..
me to and totaly unprepared to even participate because they haven't fixed the macro issue yet :(

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

And.. who do you think you are hurting by not participating? Yourself? lol, thats the only answer I can think of :)

S

Sarphus

Do you have to be on a quest to get them (I mean can you kill stuff in the graveyard without being on the quest and still get the drops?)
You don't need to be on a quest. It's just a rare drop that you will find on the corpse if you're lucky. I think I spoke too soon when I said it seemed uncommon, cause I've killed somewhere around 30 of the skeletons so far and haven't received another book.

I still think that anyone could get the book if they set out to get one. Most of my friends have gotten at least one of the rare drops by the time the patch was live for a day. Some of them played the entire day and some only played a few hours.

So far, more of my friends have the talisman than the book, but I think that's just coincidence. I also think it's just coincidence that they happen to all be dexers and I'm a mage.

Well anyway... I'm sure most of you will have one or the other within the next 3 days.

M

Mark Knotts

Here's the talisman:

So like the spellbook, it's a Primer on Arms Damage Removal with HCI and Undead Slayer added.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need to be on a quest. It's just a rare drop that you will find on the corpse if you're lucky. I think I spoke too soon when I said it seemed uncommon, cause I've killed somewhere around 30 of the skeletons so far and haven't received another book.

I still think that anyone could get the book if they set out to get one. Most of my friends have gotten at least one of the rare drops by the time the patch was live for a day. Some of them played the entire day and some only played a few hours.

So far, more of my friends have the talisman than the book, but I think that's just coincidence. I also think it's just coincidence that they happen to all be dexers and I'm a mage.

Well anyway... I'm sure most of you will have one or the other within the next 3 days.

You have a screen shot of the talisman? or what are the mods on it?

*nvm* one right above this comment, lol.

X

Xel Naga

Here's the talisman:

So like the spellbook, it's a Primer on Arms Damage Removal with HCI and Undead Slayer added.
Luckily though, I don't believe people will be using these for pvp. Unless they changed it, didn't undead slayers cause 50% less damage to humanoid types as well as other players? Or was that long removed and I just haven't bothered to keep up with the news.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the same Talisman available as a faction artifact, minus the undead slayer property. Its base is the "A Primer on Arms and Damage Removal". The faction version comes with 10% Hit Chance Increase.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luckily though, I don't believe people will be using these for pvp. Unless they changed it, didn't undead slayers cause 50% less damage to humanoid types as well as other players? Or was that long removed and I just haven't bothered to keep up with the news.
People will use it for pvp, The humanoid thing still causes a lot more damage when someone has a slayer but people rarely ever pollymorph into something to do that, unless it's two people on foot just messing around. I have a slayer weapon and people rarely pollymorph to get the damage bonus.

S

Sarphus

I see someone already posted a screenie of the talisman.

I'll post my screenie anyway, because I also included the 2 types of vampire bat that I've seen.

I have a theory on these new arties. As per the current design, you can't imbue trinkets or spellbooks. I think the devs gave us a decent trinket and spellbook, so we could have a trinket and spellbook roughly up to snuff with the kind of items we'll be seeing with imbuing.

The vamp bats are just deco as far as I can tell. I haven't manipulated them much, so they could have a hidden purpose I suppose.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooo...I hope I can get one of those books and a talisman!

The bats are just too cute! :)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll post my screenie anyway, because I also included the 2 types of vampire bat that I've seen.
*looks for pics of bats* No Bats? I would love to see those!!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww those bats look cute! I take it they're decor items or something?

Wenchy

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

hihi magebook undeadslayer-talisman undeadslayer om a wrestling mage...

double undeadslayer!

E

Evilminion

Am I a total dork to be saying "that's nice" to the spellbook and talisman, and then squealing audibly when I hear about the bats? :D :D

Wait, don't answer that... rolleyes:

A

Anon McDougle

"But, what you fail to see is the constant boosting that items are getting. Boosted stats on spellbooks, then scrapper's, now this book. Next month, a new more powerful book. All of this instead of adding REAL content to the game. How many items du-jour is enough for you to finally get bored of your pixels? How much better would the game be if they had developers that could do more than just add stats to recolored items and drop them all over the place?"

Maybe to many the new items and shinny toys ARE enough new content

what would you have in its place ??

any story or plot you have to follow is not UO not the freedom i seek anyway

i dont want to be one of the folks in line doing a cookie cutter plot just for the sake of saying i did this quest or that,this way i can be the shinny knight in armor slaying dragons or undead while visiting with many others doing the same whats better than that !!!

D

D'Amavir

Maybe to many the new items and shinny toys ARE enough new content
And that's the problem right there. You can't even wrap your head around the idea that 'content' doesn't have to mean new items. But, don't feel bad, you are definitely in the majority. I am in the minority in my believe that content means more than new boosted items for sure.

The current UO is for sure built for your type, not my type. I admit that. Depth is lost on most players and, as such, its lost on most developers. EA can skate by with a unskilled dev team because the players don't expect anything from them. As long as they get a regular dose of new items, they are completely happy.

A

Anon McDougle

I didnt say I liked the new eye candy just that many did just go look in luna/brit bank on your shard everyone looks happy there only here in doom and gloom land do i see issues

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ D'Amavir: I see your point, but I think you are pushing it too much. Even in the "good ole days" people liked the fact that in events special items were given out and participated much more joyful if they happened to get such a "rare" drop. New items are new content - that's for sure. However, there is surely the question of balancing things; and you are right when you state that 1) we indeed have a rat race concerning better/stronger items (see the influx of valo hammer crafted armor) and 2) it is much easier to just throw new items with new mods into the game compared to developing a new storyline/event line etc. etc.

However, we get a lot with this publish, covering different playstyles. I think it is much too harsh to state that "depth is lost on devs" based on merely two new item drops with new stats.

C

Connor_Graham

I couldn't find the thread, but somewhere someone claimed to have received a spellbook called Conjurer's Grimoire from the graveyard spawns.

I just got one, so I went ahead and took a pic.

It looks like the skeletal liches drop an undead slayer talisman and this spellbook.

I have only received vampire bats from the black things that also spawn in doom.

PS. I got this spellbook after about 10 or so skeletal liches. I suspect it's not too terribly rare, but rather uncommon.
I just got one of these, and I've got to say they are very nice. Now if I can get my hands on 2 of the talismans I'll be set.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks :) actually I cared more about getting a bat (*laughs* - the deco'er in me rules hehee) - I did head out to the graveyard this morning and the very first spectral armor had a black bat on it, yay!!! Only annoying thing is something - I think it was the spectral armor but not entirely sure - revoked my friendship to the solen hive. Argh, gonna make getting the new quest seeds a wee bit of a challenge...

D

D'Amavir

@ D'Amavir: I see your point, but I think you are pushing it too much. Even in the "good ole days" people liked the fact that in events special items were given out and participated much more joyful if they happened to get such a "rare" drop. New items are new content - that's for sure. However, there is surely the question of balancing things; and you are right when you state that 1) we indeed have a rat race concerning better/stronger items (see the influx of valo hammer crafted armor) and 2) it is much easier to just throw new items with new mods into the game compared to developing a new storyline/event line etc. etc.

However, we get a lot with this publish, covering different playstyles. I think it is much too harsh to state that "depth is lost on devs" based on merely two new item drops with new stats.
Two item drops? Hmmm. Let's see in the past few years what's been added to the game. First, what has been added to improve pvp and pvm? Not what items have been added for pvp or pvm. But what has been added to make them more fun, more balanced and less buggy? Hmm, I will give you some time to come up with something.

Now, what has been added to the game in regards to new 'items with new stats'? Just off the top of my head. Scrappers, Tomes, Axe of the Heavens, Serpent's Fang, runic hammers, runic kits, runic saws, Totem of the Void, Stat filled Talisman, Orny, Hat of the Magi, Sorc Armor, Knight's Armor, Scout's Armor, Eccru ring, Faerie Fire, Horselord, Armor of Fortune, Spirit of the Totem, Shadow Dancer Leggings, Tunic of Fire, Aegis, Ring of the Vile, Taskmaster, Staff of the Magi, Dryad Bow, Crimson Cincture.

I could go on but I think that I listed a couple more than two huh?

No one is saying that new items aren't important or that they aren't part of new content. But, they aren't A PART of new content, they ARE the new content. Add pixel crack all day, fine. But don't end it there. Add fun quests that the point of doing them is to have fun doing them. Not what boosted item du jour you can get from finishing it. Add items that aren't all about boosting your stats and making the perfect suit. Because we all know, next week your perfect suit will be in the same league as that invul leather armor you collected in 98.

Too many people fall for the dev's obfuscation. As long as they keep falling for it and don't ask for more, we won't get more. We will get the next round of boosted items. Of course I don't expect people on the uo supported board to actually admit that the uo team these days is not up to par. Shocking. But the fact remains that too much focus is on new items as opposed to fun content and deep content.

Why does everything that comes out have to have better and better stats? I would have been stoked to get one of those new books if they didn't have stats on them. Its a named item, that's cool. But the environment that EA has cultivated is one that having a named item isn't nearly enough for most people. It also has to have nasty stats on it. That's the issue. Not that there are items, but that the items are increasingly nasty and that focus is on coding those into the game and then farming them.

Like I said, I don't expect most people to actually get it. I am in the minority when it comes to this subject. Most people just smile and nod each time the dev team adds a new boosted item to the mix.

X

Xel Naga

To my knowledge talisman slayers don't affect any types of spells, just melee attacks. So I don't believe we'd be able to stack the double undead slayer to get crazy dmg, though I could be wrong. Will be checking when I get a tali to go with my book.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@ D'Amavir - this Halloween event is not limited to new item drops. It also includes a quest that ties directly into UO history and which will bring many new players to rediscover an almost forgotten part of the game.
Maybe you might find the Khaldun quest more enjoyable for your tastes...
Something for everybody.

D

D'Amavir

@ D'Amavir - this Halloween event is not limited to new item drops. It also includes a quest that ties directly into UO history which will bring many new players to rediscover an almost forgotten part of the game.
Maybe you might find the Khaldun quest more enjoyable for your tastes...
Something for everybody.
I agree. The new quest is definitely a step in the right direction. The quest is said to be fun to do and then end reward isn't some new boosted item. I like that. I just hope that this isn't an anomaly and that this is the way they will develop things going forward.

I am not the cynic that people seem to think I am. I just use existing information gathered from the start of this game to base my views on.

Just look how bad the last big quest turned out. People farming the very last step of it just to get a reward. The devs actually made some efforts to fix that with this one.

I love new deco items. I would be happy if every patch contained a new quest that rewarded you with a new rare deco item. That's fine with me. But too often and for too long, its been more about the stats on the item and not the name on the item. And the dev team has pushed things in that direction.

T

Turdnugget

How hard are these new spawns in the graveyards? I didn't realize it when live until I read this post... I want me one of those talismans. Be great for using on my sampire with my Undead slayer weapon =) And a spellbook would be nice as well...

And will a weapon slayer/tali slayer do double damage? And add in EoO?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How hard are these new spawns in the graveyards? I didn't realize it when live until I read this post... I want me one of those talismans. Be great for using on my sampire with my Undead slayer weapon =) And a spellbook would be nice as well...

And will a weapon slayer/tali slayer do double damage? And add in EoO?

Last I knew (some time ago) the hard cap to damage increase was 300%. You get 100% from a slayer, more DI from skills, items, and abilities. But caps at 300%. I don't think double slayer is possible at undead x2. Even if it
did the hard cap would negate the bonus. The real advantage to this is being able to have an undead slayer on any weapon.

T

Turdnugget

I got a talisman on my first skel lich this morning... first one I killed. Was at Moonglow cemetary tram side... It's a pain in the neck to kill from inside the GY.

If you direct damage with spells/melee it will teleport you to it.

I used a GD. Had to gheal it. Had to stop, pull away, heal, go back in... the lich does good damage + it's a necro... Also be careful if there's shadow fiends as they make it lots harder by sapping more life outta your pet.

Now I need more talismans and a spell book =) I know what i'll be doin now. Mwahhahahaha

X

Xel Naga

I got a talisman on my first skel lich this morning... first one I killed. Was at Moonglow cemetary tram side... It's a pain in the neck to kill from inside the GY.

If you direct damage with spells/melee it will teleport you to it.

I used a GD. Had to gheal it. Had to stop, pull away, heal, go back in... the lich does good damage + it's a necro... Also be careful if there's shadow fiends as they make it lots harder by sapping more life outta your pet.

Now I need more talismans and a spell book =) I know what i'll be doin now. Mwahhahahaha
Yea, I dropped stealth and hiding off my mage which i thought would be good for this event. Sadly they auto reveal like DFs do lol. And that aura doesnt make good for looting. 120 Prov and music does wonders, just provoke everything onto the skeletal lich and cast EVs nonstop
eventually he dies and you get loot solo. :)

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like the Army of shadow's drop these, but from the publish notes, it seems like they should only spawn if the town is corrupted?