Congratz EA/Mythic

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
A friend of mine ran out of insurance money and lost all of his carefully assembled equipment of rare artifacts and runic crafted items in a champion spawn area. He wasn't able to retrieve his body before the server went down. His stuff was worth more than 30 million gold pieces.

Guess what: He was mad like hell. But he liked the game that much that he started from scratch and is now working his way up again, trying to re-equip his character.

Cancelling an account over the loss of some (even valuable) pixels sounds to me very much like a panic reaction. Either she would have cancelled anyway, or she will re-activate her accounts after a few weeks.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Still letting pets go wild fast without any warning is pretty stupid and annoying.

F

Flora Green

It's not EA/Mythics fault your wife didn't read up on the current event. Dragons shouldn't be invulnerable.

C

Corwin

There is plenty of warning. As the strangers attack dragons, you do get a pet warning. It takes about five of these warnings before it goes wild. It happened to me and I pulled my pet away and feed it.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 17, 2006
canada
this is a joke right?
its understandable to become upset with the loss of something in game!
ive seen it happen over and over ...the loss or equipment, house items..people forgetting to lock down a container with valubles inside...people having to start from scratch because someone hacked there account.......quitting uo over the loss of a pet is to much!
maybe a time out and find something to beat on to get rid of the fustration would be a better idea, but quitting over something like this is just wrong!
tell your wife to get back into the game!!, theres people dying in uo and she's needed!!!!!

F

Fran Fury

Does seem more of a rushed reaction. At least it took the loss of something,my husband canceled his accounts without even losing anything. Just a crappy event. Actually, I guess he did lose something..interest. :(

D

DarkScripture

Still letting pets go wild fast without any warning is pretty stupid and annoying.
I agree that you should get a warning. Much like when you feed a pet something they do not like. Pixie legs come to mind. Some animal shy away when you try to feed them those. Why not have a message stating you are losing control BEFORE it's too late. Your pet fail to respond to you comands in it's frenzied state.

N

NewThunder

Where are her houses, I will want to mark them for future use

P

packrat

There have been many, many warnings on stratics over this. I even posted it on here myself. I went into the Dojo with my dragon and as soon as the dragon got close to the stranger, it went wild. I casted lightning on it and ran away with it chasing me. Once I got far away from the stranger. I was able to retame it recall out. I was not upset, its a chance you have to take in this game. If you lose something you get a new one and start over.
I ran out of insurance money and lost a Orni and the Tome of lost knowlege, in moonglow because I couldn't get my body in time. I was very upset at first. But got over it in a few minutes because its a game.

K

Kiminality

On the one side, it does suck to lose something you've worked so hard on.
A house...
A suit...
A pet...
Whatever it is, it's the product of your work.

On the other side, if the game's hold on you is so tenuous that losing something like that will drive you to quit, then you probably should quit...
Maybe not permanently.
But, the purpose of a game is to be fun.
When the game ceases to be fun, either as a whole, or through a single event, that's the time to walk away.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Oklahoma (yes it is a state)
I remember shortly after ML came out and there was a bug that hit some people where they lost pets out of their stable. A couple guildmates lost almost all of their trained up pets. They were pretty upset, but they didn't quit the game. As it turned out the guild made it a contest to see who could tame them the best replacements within a months time. In the end, it was a good month of guild activity and they received some great pets.

L

Llams Anit

I understand Tamers have a special bond with their pets but to quit and close all of your accounts ( what was it 5 accounts? The post has been deleted but I think it was 5 )
From what I understood from first reading the post the wife had spent years and 100's of hours taming and training that dragon..... so it couldn't have been the Greater Dragon she lost.To quit over the fact that she lost a regular dragon is a bit exetreme.This is a game have fun with it.Stuff happens!