• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Congratulations on the new forum

U

UOKaiser

I will add a little tip that might help. For those that never bother. Those with newer nvidia cards-chipset in the nvidia control panel theres a few options under networking .

. Configure firstpacket settings
. Set tcp/ip acceleration configuration
. Adjust Teaming configuration

Configure firstpacket settings= add uo client this will allow network traffic to be prioritized to uo before other things like browsing etc..

Set tcp/ip acceleration configuration = This is mostly for file transfers but hardware acceleration will allow to remove pressure from youre cpu which will allow youre cpu to concentrate on other things. I reccommend raising priority on your uo client in the taskmanager. If you have a dual core or higher just dedicate one of the cpu completly to UO heh. "Warning might get memory errors if hardware sucks too much when enabled to hardware acceleration."

Adjust Teaming configuration= Not that useful unless you have a heavy used lan and gig transfer rates or have multiple gaming servers. Will allow 2 or more network ports work as one. Also works as a backup if one fails but what are the chances of that. Might see a difference depending on youre configuration.

Oh well hope these little tid bits help out a little. Most of you probably know it anyway. I use them but I might need to research more on these items to come to a conclusion. If interested I'll add more over time to help out a bit.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Dude... many of us UO folks have no clue. Thank you for for being a contributer. I am going to hold you to that. I see this as a rocking forum!

R

Rykus

Excellent suggestion! I've personally never had a motherboard with an Nforce chipset, and was not aware this existed. I did some reading on the TCP/IP acceleration on the Nforce after you posted, and I see people reporting latency drops in the 30% to 50% range, impressive!

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

U

UOKaiser

Excellent suggestion! I've personally never had a motherboard with an Nforce chipset, and was not aware this existed. I did some reading on the TCP/IP acceleration on the Nforce after you posted, and I see people reporting latency drops in the 30% to 50% range, impressive!

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:
It's a pleasure to be of help.