• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Congrats to SI

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Y'all had a very successful day!

It's odd that Cartel is looking for fights on other shards now, but it's still Baja that delivers the action.

Oh, and in light of the current NBA draft (Shaq to the Cavs! Wow!), I'd have to point out that my Baja PvP #1 draft pick would have to be Ayassa of SI. Her progress, willingness to learn, and above all, her superior attitude on the field makes her one of the best examples of why Baja produces only the finest.

See y'all on the field.

SK (from that wannabe PK guild)

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Baja!

Thank you for the gracious post SuperK. I think this could begin a ‘forward-moving’ dialogue regarding the Baja PvP attitude.

We (SI) also had a great time. It’s always nice to have a smooth/unraided Harry, but secretly some hope for some action. ;) Ayassa is a gem and she is shining in her new position as SI Diplomat. :cheerleader: I would like to draw attention to “superior attitude”.

When we’re gathering together to do a Harrower, sometimes there is concern we might not have enough to successfully defend against a raid. And this is when Cypher tells us, and I paraphrase, remember we’re bringing some excitement and livening things up for the Baja community so remember to have fun. This puts everything into perspective. The mentality here is even if we loss the Harry, at least we brought some action and excitement to the community. I hope he doesn’t mind me sharing this but it is a great example of what we all can do to make PvP more enjoyable. One would do well do adopt the same attitude our wise and capable GM has.

Sure, every guild wants to kill their enemies but that doesn’t mean we need to call names or grief the enemy. I propose we drop the name calling, reduce the griefing, and have fun at fights. There are a few enemies I am fond of, this actually succeeds in making fighting them even more fun! Not to mention the mutual respect and esteem that is established along with it. As always, I’m sure there are a few, perhaps many that do not see and cannot comprehend the value in this; that’s ok. But let’s make this the minority. I would like to encourage SI, TC/Cartel, PvM, and all PK/PvP guilds on Baja to adopt the policy of fun & grief free fights. I know its not always easy, we all slip… I slip but if we can make a conscious effort, we’ll have something very few, if any other shards have.

I recognize this will be a slow process, but I can be patient. Then we can work on the 2nd action item on the list. Fair fights without the use of speedhacks! :thumbup:

** Would be great to get some constructive dialogue going on this subject. Post you thoughts, disagreements, and/or agreements.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail all!
Glad to hear you all did another harry! those are always fun, and ive only ever been to one! =P

I have a deep respect for Cartel and SI starting back from my MT days.

We use to do a lot of fel champ spawns and every time we were raided by Cartel they would actually res us (although some would res kill...if we waited long enough for those guys to leave there were really cool people who would res us and help get bodies back) cause they were only looking for some PvP action, sadly we were never good at PvP so we died FAST =P
but there were times when a member of Cartel would actually sit and guard our spawn. I can remember TS and guild chat people asking if we should attack or run away but I would be right there asking "hey man, wanna join?" =P i got a lot of stares from doing that hehe.

and for SI, they caught us doing our first (sadly our only) harry like SECONDS after we popped it and we thought they were going to kill us to take it over but they offered to defend us simpley because they just wanted the PvP action that they knew was going to happen =P
I am always glad that we accepted their help because we surely would have lost that harry after a few minutes so SI always gets a thumbs up with me!

I hope to really see what Airhaun suggests happen because as of now how fel is, people are just chased out. Not everyone is good in PvP, heck i could never be that good in PvP simple because i dont like having so many macros. I can out live the average bear, but oh well =P
But this has happened to MT, and is still happening to everyone. My friends and I have tried doing a spawn at completely different times and no matter what we are always raided. I guess I was so use to Cartel because we would get ressed and go back to finish the spawn and they would be gone, but sure enough 10 mins later they're back to kill us again, the same people.
Then you hear how fel is dead, no one wants to go there. I for one love fel, all of my homes are in fel, i grew up in fel nor am i scared of being attacked because im use to it lol. but others dont like it, a death here and there is fine but there truly needs to be a stopping point.
Ive met PKs back when i first started where if they already killed you that day, they wouldnt bother you but they sure would kill the new guy standing next to you as you watched in horror!

but thats just my three cents and i just want people to not be so afraid of felucca. yes there are hardships in fel because of the PKing, but it adds to the excitement to the game that you cant get while fighting monsters.
but who plays a game if they die every single time? it doesnt become fun.

T

Turdnugget

Bastige. Can't believe you don't want to draft me. How dareth you!

I concur. Aya is the bomb dizzle on the field.