• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Congrats Draconi!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ah, yes. We were excited to read this article. I hear that the hero engine is to die for. The screen shots look incredible.

Let us know when the studio has a website. We're eager to learn more. Congrats!

P.S. Think we could trouble you for an interview? :D

S

StaticOnAtlantic

awesome, Tons of vids on the HeroEngine online crazy stuff.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could be very promising to say the least :thumbup:. Ya can never keep a great dev down very long :thumbsup: .

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sweet. Gratz Draconi! Can't wait to see it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Help make a cool game drac! The market needs one or two.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very very sweet!!! Draconi has always been one of my absolute favorites of UO past.

Congrats, Fine Sir! I'm sure you'll do well.

I will most certainly be checking out what you have in store.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very very sweet!!! Draconi has always been one of my absolute favorites of UO past.
Not to mention the best and most dedicated to this game than any past or present uo staff.

I for sure know which MMO I'll be moving onto when UO gets the plug.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'll play anything Draconi or Leurocian work on.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of online gaming was there in 1984-85? lol article says Darrin Hyrup is a 26-year veteran of online games. Pre-Microsoft Windows gaming. Did Hyrup pioneer command prompt text games or something? And by online, does that mean LAN? Haha. Talk about Old Republic. But yeah, congrats to Tim "Draconi" Cotten =) ... now if they can only get Richard Garriott on board ;P.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am so proud of you Draconi. Do your best and I know you will be great.

Congratulations Draconi.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats, Hope you have a lot of fun in your new project! :)

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a very interesting team of people attached to the project . Having a "new MMO set to release by the end of 2011" is extremely optimistic, but I'll be watching this closely, there's a lot of potential for good things based on what those folks have been involved with before.

B

Beer_Cayse

Way ta go, Draconi! I am so gonna be looking for anything coming out of Second Star!

Good luck and best wishes to all of the SS staff and management!

W

Woodsman

What kind of online gaming was there in 1984-85? lol article says Darrin Hyrup is a 26-year veteran of online games. Pre-Microsoft Windows gaming. Did Hyrup pioneer command prompt text games or something? And by online, does that mean LAN?
BBSes?
That's a very interesting team of people attached to the project . Having a "new MMO set to release by the end of 2011" is extremely optimistic, but I'll be watching this closely, there's a lot of potential for good things based on what those folks have been involved with before.
If the engine is already viable and mostly complete, it comes down to artwork and design. It is very ambitious but if the foundation is in place, then it's a matter of throwing a lot of animators at it.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Just seeing Draconi's name on there makes me want to buy it!!! I am definitely going to play only down side is shutting down some UO accounts to do it but I think it will be worth it!!!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just seeing Draconi's name on there makes me want to buy it!!! I am definitely going to play only down side is shutting down some UO accounts to do it but I think it will be worth it!!!

:) Just point me to the Beta.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need any designers or programmers Draconi!? Where do I send my resume to!?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need any designers or programmers Draconi!? Where do I send my resume to!?
You could do a search for "Idea Fabrik job listings" using Google. It looks like they are looking to fill a number of positions up in Maryland including C++ programmers, 3D modelers, and sys admins.

B

Beer_Cayse

When is a) alpha or b) beta? <grin> My system hasn't been crashed since before the SA closed beta ... I need some fun!

F

Fayled Dhreams

Thank you everybody!

It's an amazing opportunity, and I was quite honored when Darrin Hyrup asked me to be a part of the founding team. And I'm not the only UO veteran on board either, we've tapped Eric Piccione, UO's former art director, as well!

In fact, you might say it's an old EA Mythic reunion - I used to sit across from Lori who was the DAOC producer, and Cooper moved out to Fairfax before the rest of us did from Redwood Shores (he straddled several online projects at the time, not just UO).

I can't talk too much about what we're doing yet (and the first project isn't necessarily what you'd expect!), but the technology and the team has reawakened a passion I haven't had since the days of UO =)

We can build worlds!
Congrats Drac ... if rumor holds, and your "engine" is HeroEngine/cloud ...
wow ... copped a preview license to run around in/on the work bench ... damn ...

The code must flow brother ...
Let it flow from on high ...

and
hehehehe
Share the power ... give me something wicked to blowup!

Tssssssssssssssss :danceb:

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Thank you everybody!

It's an amazing opportunity, and I was quite honored when Darrin Hyrup asked me to be a part of the founding team. And I'm not the only UO veteran on board either, we've tapped Eric Piccione, UO's former art director, as well!

In fact, you might say it's an old EA Mythic reunion - I used to sit across from Lori who was the DAOC producer, and Cooper moved out to Fairfax before the rest of us did from Redwood Shores (he straddled several online projects at the time, not just UO).

I can't talk too much about what we're doing yet (and the first project isn't necessarily what you'd expect!), but the technology and the team has reawakened a passion I haven't had since the days of UO =)

We can build worlds!
Very cool! Congrats Draconi...I know you will have great success! :thumbup:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Good Luck Draconi, I look forward to seeing what you guys put together.

Just keep in mind that we do NOT want "yet another level/raid" game and go from there!

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations! Please please please PLEASE tell me you are going to make a sandbox MMO that is your vision of a perfected UO.... I trust your judgment on this one..

And it goes without saying.. WHATEVER is done..

There will be FIRE, lots of it.. And it will be awesome.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck!

We can build worlds!
Very nice!

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ditto... congrats Draconi! Look forward to seeing what the SSI team produces.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scrats Drac!

I'll be looking forward to more whispers of progress, and put in my earplugs against the odd megatonnage of personal expression.

:) Fare well!