• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

confused over replica drops

D

Divie

Ok so after weeks involving over 100 champs many of which were done solo or with one other person and getting nothing, I take my red for a quick spin in despise, kill one or two blues and possibly a rat and a slime, then sit hidden on the island to pounce once scrolls have been awarded. To my surprise i see the message about a special item dropping in my pack and see I have the fang of ractus (oh joy :/ )

I head to the bank and drop of my spoils and return to do much the same thing, fight a blue or two, kill no more than 3 or 4 spawn creatures and bam.. swamp tile item. After comparing notes with some other people it seems they have found the same trend, the more you work a spawn the less likely you are to receive these items over people who don't touch the boss and do minimal damage to spawn.

Has anyone else experienced similar results?

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive solo'd a few and never a drop, also worked around 100 complete spawns and nothin either...but i haven't tried the "hardly kill anything" route yet :)

J

J0KING

I have already showed up to a spawn when it was at the boss and jumped in and gotten something... but it occurs few and far between.

Y

Yalp

I am on my way toward 110 spawns, zilch for me. I am taking the do little work route!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten them both ways (only 2 so far). Got a tile by working the spawn and hitting the champ. Got a statue by raiding on last level, killed a blue, maybe 2 or 3 silver serpents and then hit the champ. Both were on blue chars, and I haven't gotten anything on a red char that raids.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
So moral of the story jump in at last second on Illish spawns.

Okay check!

G

Green Meanie

ive lost track of how many spawns ive done but im sure its over 100. I only play reds so that being said ive done both entire spawns and kill a few blues maybe some spawn. and have got nothign either way.

PS i love that if you do the spawn regardless if you hit the champ you have a shot at something if you are on the same subserver when the spawn ends. Balances out some of the advantage raiders have. ive had guildies work a spawn get to level 4 lose it on a raid and hide in dungen to get powerscrolls and a few replicas

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I didnt know it worked like that shoot I would have used sacrifice to res

W

wrekognize

I didnt know it worked like that shoot I would have used sacrifice to res
You don't even have to self res. If you are a ghost when the champ dies and you get the drop, the item will be in your backpack when you res.

S

Saris

mosty run by my self or with one other did a few fel spawns nothing, did 100s of ish spawns and died much for paragons, nothing, did sleeping dragon 10 times nothing, think im gonna go to doom lol.

oh i forgot i have gotten a .4 item id SOT is this skill ever gonning to be used for anything again? it looks kinda bad to have a skill that has had no apparent function since pub 16.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Pub 16 oh my lord. That was one of the bigger publishes right? Was that when people were all upset? pub 16?