• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

confused... How come when in "heat of battle" after a player dies they still cant use moongate?

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Technically when a person dies how is it possible for them to still be in "battle"? The players dead... So i'm wondering why is it when you die and sometimes use a moongate you get this message... After you die that heat o battle thign should be clear because you are like dead?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so you died at Yew want to run to sacrifice immediatly after res and jejoin fight - that is why not. to delay you a little from coming right back.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
and the saga continues between faction stat loss (sit and eat popcorn) and non faction keep fighting :coco:

I suppose there will always be people who don't mind paying to play a game where they die one time they sit out for 20 minutes... Similar to how if you are in heat of battle you die you sit out for what 2 minutes basically?

WayTaGo on keeping things alive in pvp (as if the pvp base hasn't already been sucking big time lately).

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also stops you insta logging a new character, its all good once you get used to it.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its all good and as it should be.

Heat of battle has its rightful place in pvp. Dead or alive has nothing to do with it and and I think you know that.

You have technical issues with having to wait a paltry two minutes to lather,rinse,repeat pvp but you see nothing illogical about multiple resurrections in the first place? Nothing technically unsound there? Hrmmmm

Maybe you are just trying to stir up more nonsense since you got so thoroughly shot down trying to take the random out of random stealing?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is really annoying is heading to log out, getting attacked by a mongbat, accidentally hitting it, then having to wait two minutes to log out...

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its all good and as it should be.

Heat of battle has its rightful place in pvp. Dead or alive has nothing to do with it and and I think you know that.

You have technical issues with having to wait a paltry two minutes to lather,rinse,repeat pvp but you see nothing illogical about multiple resurrections in the first place? Nothing technically unsound there? Hrmmmm

Maybe you are just trying to stir up more nonsense since you got so thoroughly shot down trying to take the random out of random stealing?
What really negates his argument is that this happens only to someone who's initiated attack. It was a welcome change for two reasons. Primarily, of course, someone couldn't attack, realize he's outmatched, then recall out. Second, attackers couldn't gank someone, then recall out immediately before help arrived.

Duke's point is a separate issue, and completely valid. The combat flag shouldn't apply to monsters.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flagging in pvp is fine the way it is...accidentally flagging to a mob checking spawns or whatever and logging is LAME! Always has been..but I'd rather them leave it the way it is, to prevent breaking something else in the process..

As for death..an over haul there could be nice but 99.9% unlikely to ever happen but how bout this..

Insurance doubles..

ressing at an ankh charges you 2000gp per every 10 minutes, so if used twice within 10 minutes price is doubled

ressing at a healer charges you based on Karma/Fame/Honor can range from 0-10000

Player ressing
Temporary Stat Loss(3 minutes)

.01 Stat loss in all skills

If killed within 3 minutes of resurrection stat loss is doubled and so is insurance..must be killed 45 seconds after resurrection for this to occur

Self-Res
(Zero penalty)

I agree will never EVER happen but it's cool to post ideas every now and then

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
and the saga continues between faction stat loss (sit and eat popcorn) and non faction keep fighting :coco:

I suppose there will always be people who don't mind paying to play a game where they die one time they sit out for 20 minutes... Similar to how if you are in heat of battle you die you sit out for what 2 minutes basically?

WayTaGo on keeping things alive in pvp (as if the pvp base hasn't already been sucking big time lately).
I don't know how you pvp'd in factions but prior to them breaking it our guild rarely sat out during a fight due to getting statted. I would tell you most competent pvpr's learned how to get around this issue, through the use of skill boosting jewelry and spell books. you can muddle through it and still be effective until you got out of stat. many guys I fought with and against wore it as a badge of honor that they were still viable even in stat.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how you pvp'd in factions but prior to them breaking it our guild rarely sat out during a fight due to getting statted. I would tell you most competent pvpr's learned how to get around this issue, through the use of skill boosting jewelry and spell books. you can muddle through it and still be effective until you got out of stat. many guys I fought with and against wore it as a badge of honor that they were still viable even in stat.
Nothing will beat being statted and coming back with no skill jewls and me killing that kid in a duel while in stat, on top of cottons..still one of the funniest UO moments for me

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
yup yup. the fight don't end when stat begins. would like to see the faction revamp soon. our group would certainly consider hitting the stone again if it is worth it.