• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confused about the new Event.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been fighting on the side of Bane. Killing Ophidians but not getting any points. We keep pushing them back and then Bane comes up. I don't understand why we are not getting any points killing Ophidians. It was working for a while then nothing. There are at least a dozen other people not getting points too.

Another thing that I find weird is when Bane comes up to the Ophidian Base and someone kills them I loose loyalty points without even touching them. Anyone else having problems like this?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm pretty lost when it comes to this as well.
I am defending the ophidians, killing the bane.
As we attack the bane, they constantly move closer to the ophidians. not good logic for a loosing side.
Anywho, its really getting frustrating to have ophidians attacking me constantly as i help them.

Also, on atlantic, the entire ophidian side has dissapeared. there is no recruiter of quest givers and the chest is gone.

I have not seen an ophidian assault yet, accept for the ones that come as we kill the bane.

The reason your are not getting any loyalty is because you are killing the normal spawn that lives there. the same spawn that is killing me as i help them. they need to be turned off for this event.
If anyone can make mor sence of this that would be great.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is a review of the event:
- no point by killing ophidians (sometimes 1 point but is rare...)
- no crystalline blackrock in the loot
- recruiters will disappear on the loser faction

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is a review of the event:
- no point by killing ophidians (sometimes 1 point but is rare...)
- no crystalline blackrock in the loot
- recruiters will disappear on the loser faction
The mages and higher ophs carry blackrock, but its very rare. I've got 11 from 4 hours work.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the yellow NPC's and the chest keep dissapearing from atl.

PLEASE DEAR GODS, stop the ophidians i'm trying ot help from attacking me
TURN THE NATIVE SPAWN OFF! I BEG THEE!

Side note the flags are kinda hard to understand. especially since they are bot baisc orc flags. Right not there are the two flags right by eachother with nothing but the native ophidian spawn nearby.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am killing ophids and was gaining and keep going to the front lines and now have positive with bane (was way in the negative) and they have stopped attacking me but they keep attaqcking my pets and then my loyalty goes down its starting to **** me off

not to mention the points have stopped now and i am inside there lair

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh well. So much for this event. Not worth participating until they fix these problems.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
this is really bad so much for the testing it first sheesh

T

Trevelyan

Here I mentioned this problem too.

On test, the "native" ophidians weren't there. But on most shards, I would guess that normally there is a fairly high spawn and killing these - whether or not the armies have been routed - will give you no points.

I agree - this is very annoying, especially to those who are "friends" of the Ophidians. I've already been killed a few times by some knight errants or shamans attacking me while I have EoO applied to the Bane.

B

Babble

Probably only decent way to switch the spawn off might be if GMS do it. And at server reset the changes might get undone anyway.

Is the reason EA tried to keep all the server spawns the same.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ophidian side seems to be completely broken on LS, with the other only going up to recruits as someone else said. No red ophidians at all and the chest and NPCs are gone at their camp.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here I mentioned this problem too.

On test, the "native" ophidians weren't there. But on most shards, I would guess that normally there is a fairly high spawn and killing these - whether or not the armies have been routed - will give you no points.

I agree - this is very annoying, especially to those who are "friends" of the Ophidians. I've already been killed a few times by some knight errants or shamans attacking me while I have EoO applied to the Bane.
I tried siding with the ophidians on Origin when the publish first hit there and thought something seemed off, but was basically told it would just take time to build up to the ophidian loyalty. Because the event rewards seem so unbalanced as to make everyone want to fight for the banes and kill ophidians, I gave up testing it. Everyone and their brother will want bane dragons and blackrock stew. The potions the ophidians offer seem very poor in comparison.

Good luck to everyone who wants to help the ophidians. I think you are going to be literally fighting a losing battle. Be prepared to have people that are killing the ophidians take their breaks by rummaging through the bane chosen corpses you leave behind looking for the stuff you probably missed while shoveling through all that dragon armor.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event takes 20 minutes to reset after one of the sides has been pushed back to its camp. Patience is a virtue. (Although its not one in Ultima.. doh!) :)

EDIT: BTW this event is also taking place in Felucca. If you everyone is helping banes and you want to try helping the ophidians you could go there. :)

S

shulginist

It is fun when I am casting wither killing ophidians and 20 or so banes that I am helping spawn and I hit half of them.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is fun when I am casting wither killing ophidians and 20 or so banes that I am helping spawn and I hit half of them.
Hah, I'm killing Ophidians but when the bane spawn they like to come after my dragon! Idiots! I'm on your side.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The ophidian side seems to be completely broken on LS, with the other only going up to recruits as someone else said. No red ophidians at all and the chest and NPCs are gone at their camp.
I am on ls and it has been broken for a while not to mention pets are being targeted even when my loyalty is enough to where they dont attack me

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hah, I'm killing Ophidians but when the bane spawn they like to come after my dragon! Idiots! I'm on your side.
lol yepers this is why i cant get points up I kill the ophids till the ban spawn then the banes target my pet and i lose loyalty its a vicious circle we weave

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
turns out the chest and NPC's are supposed to dissapear when you lose. then 20 min later they come back up when the war starts.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The extra Ophidians are from a previous event. I removed their spawners but they were being spawned in a special way so they didn't delete themsleves when their spawner was removed. If you kill them they won't come back. The only person who is able to delete all the mobs in the world is sick today so you're going to need to do it the hard way.
:gun:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The extra Ophidians are from a previous event. I removed their spawners but they were being spawned in a special way so they didn't delete themsleves when their spawner was removed. If you kill them they won't come back. The only person who is able to delete all the mobs in the world is sick today so you're going to need to do it the hard way.
Nice to hear this. Thanks! They do seem to have stopped on Europa now.

J

Jhym

Oh noooooess... only one person has the Omniscience chip?

Next you'll be telling me only one person knows where all the bodies are buried, and he's one of them.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeez, I thought you guys weren't going to release this event onto the live shards until the start of next week. :(

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few issues with the event:

1) Why aren't the Bane Chosen vulnerable to Repond weapons/books when the Ophidians ARE vulnerable to Reptile & Ophidian slayers?

Reason this is bad: People will help the Bane because its SOOOO much easier, thus the Bane will 'win' constantly. If player choice is to actually matter, the sides should be roughly equal.

Quick Fix: Make the Bane Chosen vulnerable to Repond slayers

More involved fix: Next week, give the opidians Silver Serpents and Serpentine Dragons.

2) Why do the bane easily have 5x more HP then the Ophidians?

Reason this is bad: Same as the reason for #1. Path of least resistence.

Quick Fix: Beef up the Ophidian.

3) No opidian pets to match the Bane Dragons & Hellhounds?

Why this is bad: Same as #1 above.

Fix: Next week, give the opidians Silver Serpents and Serpentine Dragons.

Unless you are looking for a predetermined outcome, the sides should have roughly equal (but not identical) benefits. At the moment, they do not. The choice to help the Ophidians will not be picked up by many as their side is inherently weaker.

S

shulginist

Just a side note the only hell hounds and bane dragons that can be tamed are by the slasher of veils and the hell hounds weren't supposed to be able to be tamed in the first place and will be deleted.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand the long timers. Why not lower it to a smaller wait before they spawn again, we're just sitting around doing nothing.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand the long timers. Why not lower it to a smaller wait before they spawn again, we're just sitting around doing nothing.
Agreed, 5-10 minutes would be better, Enough time to get some resources, a drink etc.

R

RedSonja1

Ok so the Banes are fighting the Ophidians and the Ophidians are constantly losing, but the Banes are attacking the pets of those who are fighting on thier side. How many points do you have to get to get a bane dragon? I don't quite get this.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so the Banes are fighting the Ophidians and the Ophidians are constantly losing, but the Banes are attacking the pets of those who are fighting on thier side. How many points do you have to get to get a bane dragon? I don't quite get this.
To tame a bane dragon you need to go to Slasher in the Abyss (Ter Mur) the Bane Dragons in the Lost Lands are not tamable. You need 0 points to tame them but you need 2000 points on the bane side to get a quest which allows you to convert 20 crystalline blackrock for 1 blackrock stew (to feed the dragon).

R

RedSonja1

Thank you so much! I am pretty new to the game and this quest stuff is really confusing me.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda depressing how stacked against the ophidians the odds are. And if they don't change it very soon it won't matter if they get beefed up or not as everyone will have so many bane loyalty points they wouldn't bother switching anyway.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do believe the Bane are just secret shoe smugglers, They all have two pairs of footwear on each corpse. *rubs chin*

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a side note the only hell hounds and bane dragons that can be tamed are by the slasher of veils and the hell hounds weren't supposed to be able to be tamed in the first place and will be deleted.

Pets of the Ophidian would have been better phrasing on my part. Not for players to tame, but to counter the dragons and the hellhounds. So both sides have beasties working for them, and against the players. The Bane side is WAY overpowered.

As for deleting the already-tamed hell hounds, well, anyone else see the that ending badly? Remember when they axed the taming of the Clan Ribbon Rats? Those weren't deleted like they said they would be...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event takes 20 minutes to reset after one of the sides has been pushed back to its camp. Patience is a virtue. (Although its not one in Ultima.. doh!) :)

EDIT: BTW this event is also taking place in Felucca. If you everyone is helping banes and you want to try helping the ophidians you could go there. :)

What about the problems with the "existing" default ophidians spawn which is creating problems to participating players ?

Can you please turn it off for the duration of the Event ?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about the problems with the "existing" default ophidians spawn which is creating problems to participating players ?

Can you please turn it off for the duration of the Event ?
See post 20 in this thread.