• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confused about placing rules

T

Teeshy

I had a house, small one, was waiting for my new character to age, so he could place the new house. Today he was old enough, so off I went, found a great spot, placed (condemned my old small house), then realised that the tree right by the entrance was blocking recall, so I demolished right away, and tried to place again.

I though if you demolished a freshly placed house you could place again right away?

I'm getting the "you have to wait 168 hours to place" message though?

Not a HUGE problem, I've managed to store everythign that was in the old house, but I'm confused why I couldn't re-place right away?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You still have a house on the account. If you had dropped it first you would not have had that problem and could try to replace the new one. I don't know what happens now if you drop the condemned house - in this situation if I did such a thing on my account I know I'd still be on the timer, my characters have been bugged for years with house placing stuff of this nature. Since you have to drop that house anyways, you could give it a shot.

T

Teeshy

Ah! Ok, thanks for that! Darnit! Wish I'd thought to drop the house first then!

I'll try the drop and place later today when I get in game, and see how it goes =)

Thanks!

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also next time you may want to use the command "I wish to resize my house" it will allocate that plot for you for 1 hour (no one else can place there) You can only use the command once per hour. I found this out the hard way and did what you did, placed, demolished, got message and lost the plot :yell: