• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confused about Blackrock?

E

eekamouse

I thought I had read somewhere that Blackrock was going to be a turn-in come Publish 52?

Is the only thing it's good for is skill gain in that rift area?

G

Right now the only "turn in" for blackrock is to use it against the Shadowlords in Dark Moonglow.

I also believe that the Mother Lode and increased skill gain areas have long since been "turned off".

G

No, it can also "infect" random monsters to make them move much faster and possibly drop a treasure box (dont get hopeful, a Happy Meal has more expensive prizes).

Plus, you can also use it to cast Armageddon to take the stuffin' out of a Shadow Lord if you are close enough.

Other than that, I guess that's about it.

J

Jerry Seinfeld

From what I gathered, blackrock was a turn-in a long way back, and may be a turn-in again after publish 52.

The only real uses for it (as far as I know) are to infect things with blackrock, and take chunks out of shadowlords by casting armageddon when you get close to them.

Don't waste your big chunks of blackrock casting that though, the small ones can be obtained through mining and are much more common.

EDIT: Everyone stole the words out of my mouth!
Blast it for being 2 minutes too late!

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

I thought I had read somewhere that Blackrock was going to be a turn-in come Publish 52?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you read this from a EA rep? or someone just hoping it will be one so they mention it?

E

eekamouse

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

did you read this from a EA rep? or someone just hoping it will be one so they mention it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure to be honest. Probably not an EA rep. I thought I had heard it mentioned when it was first first announced that Pub 52 was going to be "turn-in heavy".

I just reactivated right before Pub 51 went live.