• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confirmed: Verite Elementals (and maybe vals) still can destroy armor

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I just took one of my lesser smiths out for some mining training (currently at 97.6 skill)...

I always check my equipment before I go out, and when I started, my hat had about 60 resists, and my legs were at 117 of 134.

I hit 2 valorite eles and a gold ele, before bringing up 2 verite eles in a span of 3 swings. Partway through the fight, my leather leggings just disappeared. Looking around, I realized my hat was gone as well, but I don't know if it was destroyed in the same fight, or by one of the two val fights (during those, I was too busy running for my life to notice things like that - but my resists only seemed to take a hit during the verite fight).

So, The armor-destroying code from before AoS is STILL in the game for the Verite eles, and since Valorites have ALL the powers of the Shadow-Verite eles, they probably do it too. In fact, Blackrocks, as a variant of Valorite eles (just look at the Enemy of one gump), potentially can do it as well.

Just a friendly heads-up....

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the warning. Maybe this should be brought up in the Five on Friday.

G

Vals sure do, too. In my quest for my Paragon Val Chest, I lost 2 pieces of my armor tonight, to Val elementals.