• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Confirmed PowerScrolls bug at a spawn

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok so I just confirmed a bug with the distribution of the powerscrolls. It hapenned to me a few times already but now I saw what hapenned and I am submiting it so it can be fixed.

I am a tamer and I was with my archer friend.
At first I was alone in front of baracoon while calling my archer friend to help. While waiting ( about 1-2 minutes), baracoon was casting some spells on my bake kitsune (about 3-4 x lightning of 3 damage each, maybe 2-3 x e-bolts of 5 damage each, and few harms of 1 damage each, others spell were no-damaging spells like weakens and some magic arrows and flamestrikes that did 0 to my bake kitsune since it has 90% fire resist).
So my guess was my bake kitsune received a total of about 35-40 damage maximum.
Then my archer friend arrived, so I invised my pet, and baracoon started to cast on my friend and it died in less than 10 minutes, and I was standing next to him doing nothing.

In the end I got 3 powerscroll from myself (as I got the looting rights also!) and 3 from justice ( I was protecting my friend) and my friend got 3.
SO I got the looting rights on baracoon because my pet received 40 damage from barracon, is this really intended or what? Thanks for testing and confirming the bug

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
who worked the spawn levels up to cause baracoon to appear?

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i worked from level 4 to baracoon, but when my friend started attackign baracoon ,it was full hp

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't just get the scrolls for defeating baracoon, you get credit for working the spawn too.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don't just get the scrolls for defeating baracoon, you get credit for working the spawn too.
Hmm can a dev confirm this, in 10 years of spawn history, it is the first time I hear this. And how many times ive worked a whole spawn solo, then once baracoon comes out, I call friend protect them and never receive looting rights or credit for scrolls, only from justice

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seen ppl not do spawn and get all the scrolls from barracoon

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only have a chance for +5 skills and transcendence scrolls from doing the spawn.

You get looting rights and rights to boss scrolls from doing damage to the boss.

I'm guessing your pet must have done some damage to the Baracoon, and since it was just the two of you, you were able to get rights to the scrolls.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You only have a chance for +5 skills and transcendence scrolls from doing the spawn.

You get looting rights and rights to boss scrolls from doing damage to the boss.

I'm guessing your pet must have done some damage to the Baracoon, and since it was just the two of you, you were able to get rights to the scrolls.
nop, my pet did 0 damage to baracoon it was on ''all follow me'' whole time

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
In the end I got 3 powerscroll from myself (as I got the looting rights also!) and 3 from justice ( I was protecting my friend) and my friend got 3.
SO I got the looting rights on baracoon because my pet received 40 damage from barracon, is this really intended or what? Thanks for testing and confirming the bug
My guess would be that your pet/you probably qualified for the top attacker list through either your "tanking" efforts or your "healing" efforts. This is in fact working as intended.

As far as working the spawn, you should only receive Wondrous Powerscrolls (+5 skills) and/or Scrolls of Transcendence from working the spawn. Only the death of the champion should produce the more powerful Powerscrolls and potential Replicas.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have also observed this bug whilst doing Rikktor specifically people can get scrolls if they get hit by his area effect (it has happened where someone was hit once moved to the front of the dungeon to defend and he was rewarded with a scroll).

My guild are all fully aware of how to champ and we have never experienced this effect with any other champ other than Rikktor.

If what your saying is that if someone is hit but does no damage to the champ they get on the attackers list surely that is wrong? A tank would be doing damage..

There also seems to be a large imbalance on how scrolls are awarded for example if a sampire gets honor and kills a barracoon on his own with no healers or other attackers and i get 1 infecting strike on the barracoon i get 3 scrolls.
Is that not disproportionate?

There are other strange occurrences as well all which has happened since healers have been given rights to drops im not suggesting this be removed but maybe a review is in question because there does seem to be something amiss.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
If what your saying is that if someone is hit but does no damage to the champ they get on the attackers list surely that is wrong? A tank would be doing damage..).
“Tank” score is earned by simply taking damage from the mob. Inflicting damage on the mob counts towards the “Damage” score.

We have also observed this bug whilst doing Rikktor specifically people can get scrolls if they get hit by his area effect (it has happened where someone was hit once moved to the front of the dungeon to defend and he was rewarded with a scroll).
The player that was hit and then moved to the front of the dungeon could potentially have earned “tank” score as well as “healing” score as they received damage from the mob and then I would assume they healed themselves in some way.

There also seems to be a large imbalance on how scrolls are awarded for example if a sampire gets honor and kills a barracoon on his own with no healers or other attackers and i get 1 infecting strike on the barracoon i get 3 scrolls.
Is that not disproportionate?
If both you and the Sampire were the only players that qualified for the top attacker list then you two should each have received 3 scrolls. The powerscroll system should go through the qualifying list of top attackers and then give out one scroll to a random player on that list. The system then temporarily removes that player from the list and then tries to give out another scroll. Once the list is empty, it returns all of those players temporarily removed back to the list and begins all over again. So the two of you receiving 3 scrolls each looks to be working exactly as designed.

---

There are some minor adjustments to the overall score, however the current basic formula provides top attacker score values at 55% for Damage, 22.5% for Tanking and 22.5% for Healing.

Here is an extremely basic example including four players that fight a mob that takes 10,000 hp damage to kill. Each of the four players inflicts 2,500 points of damage, one player tanks the mob throughout the encounter receiving a total of 1,000 points of damage and two players each healing 50% of the damage inflicted by the mob:

PlayerOne inflicts 25% of the total damage, tanks 100% of the damage inflicted by the mob and also heals 50% of the damage inflicted to PlayerOne by the mob would receive a top attacker score of roughly 47.5% [(.55*.25)+(.225*1)+(.225*.5)].

PlayerTwo inflicts 25% of the total damage, tanks 0% of the damage inflicted by the mob and also heals 50% of the damage inflicted to PlayerOne by the mob would receive a top attacker score of roughly 25% [(.55*.25)+(.225*0)+(.225*.5)].

PlayerThree and PlayerFour each inflicts 25% of the total damage, tanks 0% of the damage inflicted by the mob and heals 0% of the damage inflicted to PlayerOne by the mob would receive a top attacker score of roughly 13.75% [(.55*.25)+(.225*0)+(.225*0)].

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the explanation.

I'm not entirely satisfied it should be possible for a player to get 3 scrolls for attacking once which cannot have done 0.1% worth of damage. However this cannot be considered a bug as you demonstrated.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we get some additional clarification as to what constitutes credit for "damage healed"?

Spirit speak? Life leech? Damage Eaters? Hit point regen?

How about pets? Does damage taken by pets count as a tank? How about healing pets (your own/someone else's )?

Varrius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PlayerOne inflicts 25% of the total damage, tanks 100% of the damage inflicted by the mob and also heals 50% of the damage inflicted to PlayerOne by the mob would receive a top attacker score of roughly 47.5% [(.55*.25)+(.225*1)+(.225*.5)].

PlayerTwo inflicts 25% of the total damage, tanks 0% of the damage inflicted by the mob and also heals 50% of the damage inflicted to PlayerOne by the mob would receive a top attacker score of roughly 25% [(.55*.25)+(.225*0)+(.225*.5)].

PlayerThree and PlayerFour each inflicts 25% of the total damage, tanks 0% of the damage inflicted by the mob and heals 0% of the damage inflicted to PlayerOne by the mob would receive a top attacker score of roughly 13.75% [(.55*.25)+(.225*0)+(.225*0)].
what?

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
There is something not quite right, I got to say, Yesterday, we killed that Succubus Champion, took us 2.1 Hours with 3 GDS and 2 mages constantly casting Vortexes, at some times, I though the life wasnt going down. Well, I think i qualified like this, Me and the 2 others with GDS get the most damage dealt scrolls, so thats a Scroll each right?? Then, I was casting and spamming Greater heal on my GD, so I should also get Biggest healer or life given back.... well I only managed to get a lousy 105Bushido PS, another one got a 120Magery and someone else a 110 Spirit speak, can someone explain , how me being the person who I think dealt most damage, got the worst scroll?? and also I should of got 2, one fro healing and one for damage?/

Thanks

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get some additional clarification as to what constitutes credit for "damage healed"?

Spirit speak? Life leech? Damage Eaters? Hit point regen?

How about pets? Does damage taken by pets count as a tank? How about healing pets (your own/someone else's )?
What he Said ^^^^^

Specifically...
Does the damage a pet receives give credit to the player towards Tanking score?
Does the healing of a pet give credit to the player towards the Healing score? If so, is it from all forms of healing and does it have to be only on your pet?
I assume all spells of healing as well as bandages count towards the Healing score. What about Life Leach, Confidence, HP Regen?

There is something not quite right, I got to say, Yesterday, we killed that Succubus Champion, took us 2.1 Hours with 3 GDS and 2 mages constantly casting Vortexes, at some times, I though the life wasnt going down.
:facepalm: