• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Confidential report of great concern

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
From the desk of Brian the trader:

This document is Confidential under the Vesper State Secrets Act. If thou art not the intended recipient, be warned that reading further will make thee subject to immediate arrest followed by drawing and quartering without recourse. Thou hast been warned!

Governor Ivy,

M'lady governor, I have noted thy warnings regarding tainted dog meat from Trinsic, and have cautioned my servants to be on extra watch. I must report my growing concerns of late, due to certain reports which have thusly been brought to my attention.

'Twould seem that as one of my crews neared the seas nigh Trinsic on a recent mission of purely benign commercial interest, their fishing lines and nets began to act as if possessed, summoning not fish but serpents of the deeps. As they skirmished, in fear of their lives, however, they became distracted and drew too close to the city of Trinsic. Thus did the Guards of that city board the vessel. However, rather than attack the serpents, the guards instead turned upon my men, killing them and seizing the vessel. I only received word as one of my men, an apprentice mage who has perhaps dabbled a bit in ...an unsavory magic art... was able to hide himself in the form of a rat, and remain hidden until my seized vessel had been brought to town by the guards.

Additionally, one of my vessels was recently sailing towards the sea docks, in hopes of resupplying their stocks. Drawing near, however, they report seeing the flag of Trinsic lowered from the mast of one nearby ship, while concurrently the Jolly Roger was raised. Needless to say, upon seeing that flag, my men sped away quickly. However, for what cause would a ship of the city of Trinsic - or might one suggest, a ship "owned" by the city of Trinsic? - raise the Jolly Roger? Does Governor Phoenix now support, perhaps, a private fleet of privateers?

M'lady, I must first protest the seizure of my vessel, as well, of course, as the slaughter of my men, by Governor Phoenix's guards. Yet these stories have left me further disturbed. When the Governor of any of the cities does seek to control the seas in such a manner, and under no recognized flag of the realm, 'tis cause for concern indeed!

Your faithful servant,
Duke Brian DeSpell