• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Concerning Faction Strongholds/bugs

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have been factioning off and on since day 1, but today i saw 2 guys go in and out of com base in a way that i didnt know of. there is multiple ways to get into the minax walls from outside. there use to be ways to tele in and out of Sl base but the devs fixed it. the devs changed locations of trap placement in TB base and some other minor things. you can still efield yourself in and go up or down levels in the Sl base too.

anyways if your gonna fix all the bugs in the bases make sure you add this one cause the rest are bannable if and when used so thought you should fix this one too. this is from a bit ago when i killed 2 thiefs in com base on their boat they came out of the corner of our base.

the problem is as anyone who factions knows, pillars block all movement around the back of the base so you cant get in and out. all bases are built like this if you havent noticed, one way in one way out thats it.so basically they found a way to walk through that wall. and this im not having, so ya just so the devs know there is yet another flaw in a faction base that needs tending.

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factions needs a (near) entire revamp.

Bases included.

Factions are armies. When an army settles down they NEED things. Merchants, blacksmiths, farmers, and various other things. A city grows around them.

They build walls, fortifications, set up defense, have watchmen/guards/patrols and all that is surrounded by a town. A town with merchants, and inhabitants. Be them good OR evil.

*sigh* But what do I know. I'm just a guy that's been playing UO for 10 damned years.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Bases included.

Factions are armies. When an army settles down they NEED things. Merchants, blacksmiths, farmers, and various other things. A city grows around them.

They build walls, fortifications, set up defense, have watchmen/guards/patrols and all that is surrounded by a town. A town with merchants, and inhabitants. Be them good OR evil.

*sigh* But what do I know. I'm just a guy that's been playing UO for 10 damned years.
You mean logistical support....Didn't you know the system was designed with the intention of players providing that too! Seriously though I agree Factions needed and still needs a ground up revamp. The Faction items are disruptive in Non-Faction player vs Faction player PvP especially the bandages and the offset of expense in building a PvP suit. There's more than one complaint about 1 faction dominating Shards through Numbers, and like all forms of PvP the Cheating aspect needs to be curbed.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bases included.

very well said.