• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Computer help...

A

Alvo

For some reason I seem to be losing sound on my computer. If I restart the computer, the sound will work just fine. After a few minutes it will just go silent. Its not on mute and the volume is all the way up yet there is no sound. Whats going on here?

I

imported_archite666

Are you closing out any processes to make your computer run faster? there is a process called scvhose that takes alot of memory, when I close it stops the sound from working.

G

You do the basics?

Re-install the driver...
Update to the newest drivers...
Re-seat the sound card if it's a separate board...

K

Kat SP

After you try Bruin's suggestions and you can rule out someone else changing settings while you weren't looking, I'd say your sound card might be going out. =/

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

I'd say your sound card might be going out. =/

[/ QUOTE ]

K

Kat SP

Was just checking the Ventrilo forums about another issue and saw a thread that described exactly what you are experiencing. There is no resolution to that guy's problem, but the mod did ask the guy to check his text log.

Give this a try and paste the info to me in ICQ. 220-571-153 I'll see if I can get some assistance for ya.

Hop into vent, then: rt-clik / view / log file / scroll to bottom

Please also note whether or not you're experiencing high ping.

A

Alvo

I believe I solved the problem. I removed 2 trojans and 112 different types of spyware that somehow got on my computer within the last week. Dont understand how they made their way on considering nothing has been downloaded. Hopefully Spybot and Symantec did a good job cleaning them up.