• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Computer Help Needed...

K

K'torr

I have had an ongoing UO problem for sometime now. When i change out of Ninja animal form, my client will lock up for at least a few seconds, and sometimes requiring a client restart to get moving again. I mean EVERY TIME, the client will completely stop, with the only exception being the Gauntleted Mouse Pointer. I can still move it around, but every thing else freezes.
All other systems functions work normally, only the UO client is effected.

I have turned on the system monitor and during this "event", the CPU usage never goes over 50%, or the Memory usage over 60%. I have DLed an Internet monitor, and the bandwidth is not maxed out either.

System is a 2.8 P4 with 1 gig RAM.
Video Adapter is a Radeon 9550 / X1050 series.

And ideas would be appreciated.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had that consistently happen to me as well (KR). I don't know what I did that changed it (I have been tweaking a lot of lot things trying to get more stability), but it has now stopped happening to me.

K

K'torr

This is in 2D, I have deleted KR from my system as it is pointless now since a "new" client will be introduced with SA.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This might be a problem only EA/Mythic can help you with. The only thing I can think of is your client.exe or some component of it is corrupt. I'd remove UO and re-install it.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happened to me until I updated my comp. Check to make sure ALL your drivers are up to date. And get at least a gig more of RAM.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happens to me every time i change out of animal form as well.
The computer I am using is about 10 years old (P III 800 / Voodoo 5500) but my internet connection is fast. I usually have no problem with 2D exept for this animal form freeze.
I can only tell you that i have this problem as well on my machine but when i play on my girlfriends machine (modern + fast connection) the delay/freeze is hardly noticable (but still there).

Hephaistos of Europa

K

K'torr

Yes, I have heard from others that they also have this problem, but no one seems to be able to find the common thread. It seems to have started almost a year ago with a patch, forget which one. I have made several posts over the last several months, and even sent in bug reports. But in EA's usual competence, they have done squat.