• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Comprehensive Weapon-type associated Artifacts (craftable, collections, and sets not included)

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to come up with a list demonstrating the # of artifacts associated with each weapon type to see if there are any that are being unfavorably unfavored!

Archery: 8 weapons / 13 artifacts
Bow = 5 arties (Juka King, Runed Driftwood, Dryad, Frostbringer, Wind of Corruption)
Composite Bow = 2 arties (Ironwood, Blight of the Tundra)
Crossbow = 0 arties
Heavy Crossbow = 1 artie (Nox Ranger)
Yumi = 2 artie (Hanzo's Bow, Horselord)
Elven Composite Longbow = 1 arties (Wildfire)
Magical Shortbow = 1 arties (Windsong)
Repeating Crossbow = 1 artie (Shamino's Best)

Fencing: 17 weapons / 20 artifacts
Assassin Spike = 1 arties (Flesh Ripper)
Dagger = 3 arties (Misericord, Night's Kiss, Oblivion's Needle)
Kryss = 4 arties (Serpent's Fang, Fang of Ractus, Dread's Revenge, Vorpal Blade)
Lance = 2 arties (Luna Lance, Dragon Slayer)
Leafblade = 0
Warfork = 1 artie (Taskmaster)
Double Bladed Staff = 1 artie (Standard of Chaos)
Kama = 1 artie (Darkened Sky)
Lajatang = 0
Pike = 1 artie (Pacify)
Pitchfork = 0
Sai = 1 artie (Demon Forks)
Short Spear = 1 artie (Enchanted Titan Leg Bone)
Spear = 1 artie (Demon Hunter's Standard)
Tekagi = 1 artie (Claws of the Berserker)
War Cleaver = 1 artie (Raed's Glory)
Elven Spellblade = 1 artie (Harvester's Blade)

Macing: 20 weapons / 26 artifacts
Club = 2 arties (Cavorting Club, Rune Engraved Peg Leg)
Diamond Mace = 1 artie (Bonesmasher)
Hammer Pick = 1 artie (The Impaler's Pick)
Mace = 0
Maul = 1 artie (Berserker's Maul)
Scepter = 2 arties (Pixieswatter, Scepter of the Chief)
Sledge Hammer = 0
Smith's Hammer = 0
Wand = 1 artie (Illustrious Wand of Thundering Glory)
War Axe = 1 artie (Jade War Axe)
War Mace = 2 arties (Arctic Death Dealer, Bone Crusher)
Wild Staff = 1 artie (Boomstick)
Black Staff = 4 arties (Staff of Magi, Staff of Power, Staff of Pyros, Echo Staff)
Gnarled Staff = 4 arties (Eternal Guardian Staff, Asclepius, Wrath of the Dryad, Janna's Staff)
Nunchaku = 1 artie (Dragon Nunchaku)
Quarter Staff = 1 artie (Resonant Staff of Enlightenment)
Shepard's Crook = 1 artie (Katrina's Crook)
Tessen = 2 arties (Wind's Edge, Pilfered Dancer Fans)
Tetsubo = 1 artie (Exiler)
War Hammer = 1 artie (Titan's Hammer)

Swords: 32 weapons / 34 artifacts
Bokuto = 1 artie (Peasant's Bokuto)
Bone Harvester = 2 arties (Culling Blade, Breath of the Dead)
Broadsword = 1 artie (Mangler)
Butcher Knife = 1 artie (Royal Guard Survival Knife)
Cleaver = 1 artie (Cold Blood)
Cutlass = 2 arties (Captain Quacklebush's Cutlass, Vampiric Essence)
Elven Machete = 1 artie (Righteous Anger)
Katana = 5 arties (Blade of Insanity, Brightblade, Defiler of Virtue, Draconi's Wrath, Brave Knight of Britannia)
Longsword = 3 arties (Blade of the Rightous, Dragon's End, Holy Sword)
Pickaxe = 0
Radiant Scimitar = 1 artie (Soulseeker)
Scimitar = 0
Skinning Knife = 0
Viking Sword = 0
Wakizashi = 0
Axe = 0
Bardiche = 3 arties (Legacy of the Dreadlord, Berserker's Bardiche, Quell)
Battle Axe = 0
Bladed Staff = 1 artie (Cavalry's Folly)
Crescent Blade = 1 artie (Smiling Moon Blade)
Daisho = 1 artie (Swords of Prosperity)
Double Axe = 1 artie (Axe of the Heavens)
Executioner's Axe = 1 artie (Zyronic Claw)
Halberd = 1 artie (Calm, Blaze of Death)
Hatchet = 1 artie (Melisande's Corroded Hatchet)
Large Battle Axe = 1 artie (Axe of Abandon)
No-Dachi = 2 arties (Destroyer, Sword of the Stampede)
Ornate Axe = 1 artie (Talon Bite)
Paladin Sword = 1 artie (The Redeemer)
Runeblade = 1 artie (Blade Dance)
Scythe = 3 arties (Berserker's Scythe, Grim Reaper's Scythe, Subdue)
Two Handed Axe = 0

Throwing: 3 weapons / 6 artifacts
Boomerang = 2 arties (Storm Caller, Raptor Claw)
Cyclone = 2 arties (Stone Slith Claw, Banshee's Call)
Soul Glaive = 2 arties (Valkyrie's Glaive, Blight of the Tundra)

I did not include the gargoyle versions for my sanity's sake...but here's a list of weapon-types that do not have an associated artifact:

Crossbow
Leafblade
Lajatang
Pitchfork
Mace
Sledge Hammer
Smith Hammer
Pickaxe
Scimitar
Skinning Knife
Viking Sword
Wakizashi
Axe
Battle Axe
Two Handed Axe

Just a list of weapons for the devs to think about for the next set of artifacts (ie. Hailstorm not a good idea). Looks like no love for the axemen! My personal favs I'd like to see are the Leafblade, Pitchfork, Mace, Crossbow, Pickaxe.

Feel free to comment, and if anyone dares to compile a list of each armor type and associated artifacts. I for one would love to see a pair of bone leggings or dragon armor artifacts.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You forgot Overseer Sundered Blade (Radiant Scimitar, craftable artifact)

And would the Harvester's Blade from the Turkey events count as an artifact? It's only got Spell channeling, but its non-combat use and bonuses makes it a must-have for most of my characters that will be killing things I can gather resources from.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are going to go that far you should go a step further and look at what ones are "used" or "usefull" and why as opposed to which ones are total garbage and why...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it is also noteworthy that with 100+ artifacts listed less than 20% are probably considered useful (for actual game play and not turn in points). I love the idea of the dungeon revamps, but simply revamping the current artifact drops would go along way to reviving some of the older hunting spots and require much less development time. Furthermore, peerless, doom, and champ spawn bosses could easily be updated with he new loot table (like Cora's standard loot) with little actual development time and would provide additional incentive for those hunts as well.

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well "useful" to some maybe junk to others, and vice versa. I may have used a Wrath of the Dryad when they first came out, but now not so much. Some people dont strive to be the best PvP/PvM chars, nor have the best gear suited for each different template while others do. It is what it is, lets just leave it that because you cant please everyone and to make a completely new set of artifacts from scratch is difficult. Thats why imbuing artifacts was so popular because it gave the arties with less than 5 mods, a chance to improve, and added a lot of variety. If I remember, the cap for imbuing artifacts was 450, which is more than fair because they are non-exceptional. With the addition of Whetstones, the exceptional weapons can have their inherent DI property removed. I kinda like having that idea, but the possibility of having a craftable ingredient that can remove a property off an artifact would be nice also (might be overpowered), but keep the imbue cap at 450.

I didnt include Overseer Sundered Blade because its a crafted artifact, and I didnt include any crafted artifacts for that matter. I'll add Harvester's Blade tho. Good point. I also didnt add the obscenely rare artifacts either.

Anyone want to take a stab at the the armor/shield artifacts list?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not true!

You included all the craftable Bows. Mischief Maker and all those are Craftable arties. So if you are going that way there are NOT very many True Artifact bows at all.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have included 'Heartseeker' in the bow section which is the bow given for the New Haven newbie quest reward.

I don't believe that is an 'artifact' bow, but if you want to classify it as such then you would need to include the 'other' newbie quest reward items. EG:
Silver Serpent Blade (Fencing)
The Dragon's Tail (Sword)
Ember Staff (Mace)
Ricaro's Riposte (Fencing)
Jockle's Quicksword (Sword)
Churchill's War Mace (Mace)
Jacob's Pickaxe (Sword)
Hammer of Hephaestus (Mace)

Also the Echo Staff (Mace) given as one of the rewards for the Dark Knight's defeat.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about the weapons from the Vesper Museum Collection? Those could be classified as artefacts.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well "useful" to some maybe junk to others, and vice versa. I may have used a Wrath of the Dryad when they first came out, but now not so much. Some people dont strive to be the best PvP/PvM chars, nor have the best gear suited for each different template while others do. It is what it is, lets just leave it that because you cant please everyone and to make a completely new set of artifacts from scratch is difficult. Thats why imbuing artifacts was so popular because it gave the arties with less than 5 mods, a chance to improve, and added a lot of variety. If I remember, the cap for imbuing artifacts was 450, which is more than fair because they are non-exceptional. With the addition of Whetstones, the exceptional weapons can have their inherent DI property removed. I kinda like having that idea, but the possibility of having a craftable ingredient that can remove a property off an artifact would be nice also (might be overpowered), but keep the imbue cap at 450.

I didnt include Overseer Sundered Blade because its a crafted artifact, and I didnt include any crafted artifacts for that matter. I'll add Harvester's Blade tho. Good point. I also didnt add the obscenely rare artifacts either.

Anyone want to take a stab at the the armor/shield artifacts list?
Imbuing is precisely why so many more of these drops are as useless as they are... In 5 minutes you can craft something that totally outclasses most of them. That being said, the lose (or replacement) of them should have a very minimal negative impact while it could infuse some life into alot of hunting spots with minimal development time for new content.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It appears that many of the Craftable Artifacts are still Imbuable, though at a 450 cap.

(And the Rune Carving Knife is a craftable as well, and it's in your list - so it wasn't just the craftable bows that snuck into your list)

Even so, some of them can be made useful by imbuing (and could be even more useful if they were allowed to be exceptional). For example, the Overseer Sundered Blade is 450/450, plus 100% Fire. In its current form you can drop the DI to 20% (or lower the HCI) and add a slayer (Undead, for example), turning it into a good sword for low-end spawns (for a non-samurai, or a samurai/potion chugger that goes without a shield to avoid the parry penalty)

Last edited:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want some Leaf Blade arties with Gargoyle versions to boot please

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I adjusted the list a bit. Sorry my bad, regarding the craftable artifact bows...I know all of them are pretty much crap anyways. Didnt mean to include the newbie arties either. I never knew about the Echo Staff tho, very cool after I looked it up. Thanks!

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Now dang I just remembered isn't there a Skinning Knife arti you get get from Champ spawns with loads of luck?????

I forget what it's called.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, a bit of UO Lore many have forgotten (or never knew) over the years -

Skinning knives, (ONLY) when Wielded, have the same "Cut Leather directly to pack, instead of hides on corpse" functionality as Butcher's War Cleavers. I'm not sure when they gained that ability (might have been from the start), but I seem to remember it being true even before ML.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, a bit of UO Lore many have forgotten (or never knew) over the years -

Skinning knives, (ONLY) when Wielded, have the same "Cut Leather directly to pack, instead of hides on corpse" functionality as Butcher's War Cleavers. I'm not sure when they gained that ability (might have been from the start), but I seem to remember it being true even before ML.
I did not know that.... Thx Basara.... I've played UO since '98 and remain continually amazed at how much I DON'T know about it... UO is such a jewell !

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
NP - I discovered it by accident all those years ago when my tailor (who collected his own leather in Destard until GDs outclassed him) looted a reptile slayer skinning knife off a Dragon (that he still uses to this day)