• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Comprehensive guide to making purchases on UOStore Japan

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA Japan announced about the trouble of delivering codes of "New Items Campaign in summer 2009" today.

I hear that EA Japan has blocked the access from abroad soon after it was posted on Stratics, so there are few players who suffer from the trouble.

But I'd like to inform you with the information, lest some of you would suffer a loss.

Regarding "New Items Campaign in summer 2009"

Note: This campaign is already over.

We appreciate your patronage for UO store!

Regarding "New Items Campaign in summer 2009", the delivery of campaign codes to some customers is delayed.

We would like to ask customers, who have'nt received codes, to wait for their delivery. We are now looking into the system, but the codes won't be sent until the next week begins.

We apologize for the inconveneince caused by the issue.

We will update this page for your information.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA Japan announced about the trouble of delivering codes of "New Items Campaign in summer 2009" today.

I hear that EA Japan has blocked the access from abroad soon after it was posted on Stratics, so there are few players who suffer from the trouble.

But I'd like to inform you with the information, lest some of you would suffer a loss.

Regarding "New Items Campaign in summer 2009"

Note: This campaign is already over.
Thank you for the info! It's good to know that EA Japan were the ones that implemented the blocking. Some folks were going crazy because they thought EA US was blocking.

Btw, did they mention the reason or if they had any problems with charging the non-Japan issued credit cards? I called my CC company immediately after making the purchase, and the sales were registered. However, 3 weeks later when my statement came, it was not charged.

I got all my codes and gifts without issues though, don't want to get them for free (well at not not this way :D).

Edit: Billing mystery solved. Called my CC company, it missed the current billing cycle and went through to the next month.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the info! It's good to know that EA Japan were the ones that implemented the blocking. Some folks were going crazy because they thought EA US was blocking.
I'm sorry, I don't have any new information, but I read only posts on Stratics that people couldn't access EA Japan's UO store. So I must re-write the sentence:

I hear that EA Japan has blocked the access from abroad soon after it was posted on Stratics, <- this is not accurate

I read that people from abroad could not access UO store of EA Japan after it was posted on Stratics <- this is accurate
--

Edit: Billing mystery solved. Called my CC company, it missed the current billing cycle and went through to the next month.
Congratulations!