• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Complaining about the ranking system is coming soon

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems some people are upset that rank 10 only consists of the top 1% of scorers in a faction. As the point values raise, it becomes more difficult to keep up. For example in Minax on Atlantic you now need about 80 points to be rank 10 or you lose the ability to wear the ornament.

I personally hope no changes are made to the ranking system. If you want to wear the best you need to get the most points and be active in factions.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's fine. Except no kill point system for factions has ever represented the best. The top 10 point leaders were usually farmers or stealth archers RK'ing and stealing kills.

Currently it is based on a ridiculous system of multipliers and thief points. Farmers control the system more than ever. The points don't mean squat. Never did.

Remove Order/Chaos and town multipliers, remove thief points, wipe all current points...that will be a start. Returning to a sole faction character per account would help more, but that would be far from an ideal strategy.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's fine. Except no kill point system for factions has ever represented the best. The top 10 point leaders were usually farmers or stealth archers RK'ing and stealing kills.

Currently it is based on a ridiculous system of multipliers and thief points. Farmers control the system more than ever. The points don't mean squat. Never did.

Remove Order/Chaos and town multipliers, remove thief points, wipe all current points...that will be a start. Returning to a sole faction character per account would help more, but that would be far from an ideal strategy.
One of the few things I agree with Nonel on.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back when an entire guild that had 255 points was unheard of. I think they should go back to that system as well.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems some people are upset that rank 10 only consists of the top 1% of scorers in a faction. As the point values raise, it becomes more difficult to keep up. For example in Minax on Atlantic you now need about 80 points to be rank 10 or you lose the ability to wear the ornament.

I personally hope no changes are made to the ranking system. If you want to wear the best you need to get the most points and be active in factions.
says the man with over 200 people in his faction guild that run well over 400+ points each on average.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am reading that it now takes over 131 points in order to wear level 10 items in Minax on Atlantic. I'm safe until about 300, which at this rate should be about a month.

B

Belanos/Icicle

imo a good move would be get rid of transferring points to mules so people can no longer store all their excess points on a noncombative character, to be retrieved at their leisure whenever they fall below the rank they need.

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And how would you propose that idea be implemented? No way of controlling that without hurting everybody.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just eliminate the point transfer system altogether. If your player doesn't get the points themselves...they don't get any points...la

R

RichDC

One of the few things I agree with Nonel on.

Got my vote

C

Cloak&Dagger

imo a good move would be get rid of transferring points to mules so people can no longer store all their excess points on a noncombative character, to be retrieved at their leisure whenever they fall below the rank they need.
You are only suppose to be able to actually transfer the points once a day, so....the real trouble is the bad coding.

wiping the points and removing the multipliers is most likely the best way

On a second thought, I do agree with JC about how you should be active to be rank 10....so if the points got to 100+ for rank 10 with out the multipliers, and fix the point transfers (and if we are going to keep thieves getting points, then maybe they should get scaling points? 10 point if they have 0, 4 if they have 10 1 if they have 20 or more. just an example of what i meant by scaling)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back when an entire guild that had 255 points was unheard of. I think they should go back to that system as well.
Playing pacific back in the day, it wasn't untypical that players had over 200. I recall killing a guy once worth 100 points to me at the time. he had over a thousand from being a talented mage.