• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Community of Skara Brae CSB project

M

mandosa-nice

Community of Skara Brae CSB project "in progress"

Hello, Bonjour people.

I have make a new project with two houses close to close near the West exit of Luna City. It's a two guild houses of Community of Skara Brae CSB.

So in my mind i try to create a french revolution design with the Bastille and manoir.

For the moment, only the architecture is over, i make the final deco when i have the time. For the futur i make a few change in the garden like the VAT go in my room for make a washroom "salle de bain".

So what do you thinking about this new architecture ? I have the permission of Lord GOD for the same architecture of him house on Atlantic.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Christmas project

Whats that surcoat made out of? Abyssal cloth?

M

mandosa-nice

Yes Risso.

I have made a few changement in the deco. And tomorrow i try to put my full vat in the roof...

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Im really impressed, not sure about the spooky stuff, did you forget to take it down after haloween

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You displayed your very nice things well. Thank you for showing the home.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No candy canes, garland, fruit bowl, no turkey, no egg nog, roast or or food stuff. Two nearly hidden reindeer, I see one cake and your tables are mostly bare.

I am not coming to your place for x-mas.

Its white to be sure but you would not think Christmas upon entering.

Add Some cheer! :pint:

N

Nastia Cross

While I am of the opinion that you don't necessarily have to have the traditional decorations for your house to have a christmas or winter theme, I am a firm believer in cohesion. The evil pieces displayed just don't mesh well with the white floor tiles and snow. Which design are you going for?

M

mandosa-nice

Thank for your opinion, but for now i try to make another architecture and the deco after. I just waiting for the snow color on the ground.

M

mandosa-nice

Bump for a new architecture and deco after on the French revolution theme.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

*Edited out my previous post as you changed the original post and it would no longer make sense.*

Interesting! My comments...

1. The backroom on the ground floor of the house on the right is going to be inaccessible (unless you're using the walk through trick) I would consider changing it to at least two tiles wide (3 tiles of floor) so you can walk in there freely, that is, if you're actually using it for storage/shelves. Perhaps extend the back wall of the stair well in to it and make it a sort of reverse L shape.

2. There seems too much difference in foundation/front steps/floor/walls/doors and makes the second house especially look a bit too jumbled.

3. I would consider either having less in the garden or dropping it down to the level below (and using the full width of the house). It seems a bit full to me to the point it lacks definition.

4. I'd hide all teleporters behind walls. Though that may just be while your in the middle of decorating.

5. I don't know if its possible but perhaps you could use a thin corner wall post (thinner than the one in the brickwork set) and coloured bandages to make a French flag?

6. I think it may need some spiers/pointy things on the roof.

7. On the house on the right one of the wall pieces sticks up through the roof perhaps change it for the shorter one?

8. I think the cannons would look great either side of the door on the right house OR move the one from the ground floor on the right house to the roof of the left house where the gap at the front is.

9. The curved wall and windows on the house on the left dont really look right to me. I'm not sure why but it just bugs me somehow.

10. The ground floor outside on the house on the right (statues/plants/benches) looks great. Thats a really annoying spot to get looking good, I changed mine many times lol, I wouldn't change a thing on this one (other than the cannon suggestion which I don't think would unbalance it too much), although it would probably mean moving that corner in slightly.

11. On mine the tree (in the middle of the house) stuck through the third floor even when lowered repeatedly I hid the top with some deco. Just an idea if the Demon wings do.

12. Consider different flooring themes for outside patios, flat roofs, hallways and rooms, especially in the house on the left.

M

mandosa-nice

I have make another Wall color with the same architecture. Now what color is the best for you ?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it looks better in sandstone (if you will make the other house sandstone too) :)

M

mandosa-nice

The sandstone look better, but after with the deco the old one is perfect so i keep the old designe with a few changement.