• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Community Collections

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the ask the devs thread:

For Community Collections, we are currently working on allowing the donation of commodity deeds, and adding a donation bag. Work is in the early stages as of now, and more details will be forthcoming at a later date.

I applaud anything you do to fix the CC turn ins. Couldn't we just add a banker NPC to the location and allow targetting of items in the bank box and cut out all the development of bags and commodity deeds though?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id start donating more if that was the case.. right now i throw out all my spellbooks and such.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the ask the devs thread:

For Community Collections, we are currently working on allowing the donation of commodity deeds, and adding a donation bag. Work is in the early stages as of now, and more details will be forthcoming at a later date.

I applaud anything you do to fix the CC turn ins. Couldn't we just add a banker NPC to the location and allow targetting of items in the bank box and cut out all the development of bags and commodity deeds though?
Not everyone has their wood in the bank, Allowing commodity deeds saves the hastle of deeding it up, taking it to the bank, undeeding it then targetting it.

Even your idea requires development time though, So I can't see the advantage.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see some more items added to the Fisherman, since their are so many other items that are fished up (small fish, shipwreck recovered items, etc..).

I would also like to see more items added to the Paladin, since it only has one unique turn-in, Books of Chivalry (which can only be bought). I don't have any ideas as to what items though.

Stayin Alive,

BG

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even your idea requires development time though, So I can't see the advantage.
Really? You believe it takes development time to add an NPC banker to an area rather than create a new bag and code to be able to donate remotely? I find that unlikely. Then there are the bugs assosiated with a new system where a reward is involved. It just seems simpler to give the same functionality they are planning to give already without all the extra overhead. I'm mean, it's not like they are adjusting the point values like they should have when they first put the damn things in.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it is an either or, I would rather have the commodity deeds than a banker at the collection site. But also they need to implement the donations bag. Nothing like having to click on hundreds of spellbooks, one at a time, to donate, or treasure maps, or whatever.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea - but don't forget Moonglow Zoo collection when the others are made a bit easier, that's still insanely difficult...

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea - but don't forget Moonglow Zoo collection when the others are made a bit easier, that's still insanely difficult...
I would like the points tweaked on this one :)

But also, they need to open up more creatures for turn in. I remember a dev or someone saying they were looking into this, but nothing has happened yet. :(

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Putting the banker in is a nice idea but it would not be a big change for me personally. I keep my resources in my house. I hope they go with their original ideas.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's good I suppose, but I have as of yet to find any frostwood in about 2 years.

On another note they need to address non stackable items, like spellbooks, bucklers and such. Need more than stackables in commodity deeds.