• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Community Collection Points Ideas

A

Azureal

Considering Ive only been back a month, and didnt get enough time to ctahc up on the old boards, this has probably been suggested a million times, so I shall apologise in advance if this somewhat resembles a dead horse copping a flogging. Plus if nothing else, it gets it back into some form of light, for the Devs to look at (and hopefully not ignore).

So Im wanting to start collecting a few Library bits and pieces. Ive got a fisherman that can pull me 5-10k steaks per night (depends how long my wife lets me play for). He also bring its quite a few maps, hides and scales. Ive got my mule who can pile on the resources, from Iron and Dull Copper in the thousands, to boards and hides as well. My Bard finds treasure maps that he will never use, and which will probably end up in the Cleanup bin for points tickets.

The point Im trying to make is, Im going to end up with a small pool of points at each of these hand in NPCs. Why not allow the points to pool into one collection? Apart from the specific glasses available from each NPC, the rest of the stuff is the same. And considering the points are still relatively low for each hand in, the time to build enough points for even one item would still be great enough to ensure folks are churning out rewards by the hundreds.

Of course, I have noticed I could just dump 800k gold and simply buy the thing I want, but its not as much fun, and thats what were attempting to produce isnt it, a little bit of fun?

C

Charmed

For the Library Community Collection, I noticed that when different npc reached a tier, an item related to that npc will appear on top of the bookshelves.

For example, if i keep donating to the treasure hunter npc and it reach first tier, a treasure map will appear. If i donate to another different npc say ingots and it reach a tier, a pickaxe will appear. And so on..

It could be due to this that they offers different rewards and points can't be pooled together.

F

Fran Fury

Pooling them together would be nice but I would just be happy to have the sos's/mibs and fished up loot as a turn in for the library fisherman,not just the clean up turn in. Those fishing glasses are very hard to obtain with fishsteaks alone :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to decide whether to continue with the posts I did in the old Tamers forum showing the Zoo points for each shard. With the new publish going in, decay of the Zoo points should slow down some, so maybe it's a good time to start a new thread. Not sure if anyone's still interested in reading those posts though. There's no Tamer's forum here in our temporary location and I do recall getting some negative feedback about the Zoo posts when I first started them and put the information in U.Hall.

Anyone still interested in that information? And if yes, any suggestions on which temporary forum to use for the thread?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to decide whether to continue with the posts I did in the old Tamers forum showing the Zoo points for each shard. With the new publish going in, decay of the Zoo points should slow down some, so maybe it's a good time to start a new thread. Not sure if anyone's still interested in reading those posts though. There's no Tamer's forum here in our temporary location and I do recall getting some negative feedback about the Zoo posts when I first started them and put the information in U.Hall.

Anyone still interested in that information? And if yes, any suggestions on which temporary forum to use for the thread?

I'm always interested.:)

As you might know, Drachenfels still got a full Zoo for several months. I hope the change of the slower dacay rate might get more interest from people on shards.