• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Commodity Vendors and Shard Shields

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is some fun data sheet as I expand (very slowly) to some other shards with commodity vendors.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqf4rQKW7xu8dHpyVjNIUXF2WEhOSGRFcE41VTJ1M1E&usp=sharing

This is very cool! Are those 561 items everything that will go in a commodity deed at this point? Also, is it correct to interpret this data sheet to show that you will both buy and sell a particular commodity, if you have it in stock? (In other words, it doesn't look like you're buying stuff for your own use, but rather mostly as a middleman.)

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is not all the items that will go onto a commodity vendor but it sure is most of them. There are some items that are buggy that can screw up an entire vendor and I won't put them on (the gorgon lens comes to mind and you can put some on your vendor but evidently there are 3 or 4 different background item ids, depending how they were made, and putting multiple types on bugs your vendor where your customers won't be able to buy all types). There are also some items that I just haven't put on or thought to put on (the other day I saw someone successfully put on logs instead of boards where we used to not be able to do that). I do buy and sell (if the item shows a max on that shard) and the price difference between my buy and sell is set at 30% which means if I sell it for 1000 I buy it for 700. Many think that is high but after doing the math between the 5% buy commission and the 5% sell commission and the 5% a week vendor fee...if an item sits for about 4 weeks..I just break even.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What still kind of surprises me is the ability to buy/sell spell scrolls through the bazaar. Can you put spellweaving spell scrolls in a commodity deed? I never have any to experiment with.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What still kind of surprises me is the ability to buy/sell spell scrolls through the bazaar. Can you put spellweaving spell scrolls in a commodity deed? I never have any to experiment with.
Yes on the spell weaving scrolls. It is surprising what does and doesn't go on. Sweet dough for example...won't go on but regular dough does. All potions will except conflag and confusion. It is weird. Lots of little bugs. If you buy granite from a commodity vendor for example...you have to break the deed and redeed it to get the type back on the deed to sell it to another commodity vendor. The items with "A" in front of them like "a hydra scale" always surprise me too. Plus there are so many areas to expand, by adding items (imagine seeds or pigments or dyes), and by adding interface enhancements...but alas I have resigned myself that fixes and additions and enhancements are not coming.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have your stuff on Atlantic on one vendor or is it spread out?
One vendor. Used to have them spread out but they expanded the amount of items you could put so I combined. A filter so people don't have to go through 56 pages is an example of those enhancements...also being able to move something to the correct page (I do my alphabetical) more easily would save my carpal tunnel but ..