• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Commodity Vendor Problems

Aerodice

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello fellow Magincia vendors!

I'm sure you are all aware of some of the problems that have been uncovered with the Magincia bazaar vendors. Many of these problems have not been addressed or might be unknown by developers.

I urge anyone who is having problems with their vendors to post details about the problem to see if we can find a pattern to what is causing the issues. This will hopefully help the developers find a fix for the problems.

Items that cannot be put on vendors but should be

Post any item that you cannot put on your vendor that should be sell able. I will update this post with anything else posted.

- Brilliant Ambers - cannot be added to commodity vendor but were able to be added before. Now on trying to add it you get the message "Commodity brokers cannot trade in certain special or rare items, or items that have been dyed." message.

- Enhanced Bandages - cannot be added to commodity vendor but at one time were able to be.

- Bola Balls - cannot be added to commodity vendor but at one time were able to be...not a big issue.

- A Greater Conflag Potion - can be added to commodity vendor but immediately delivered back as an invalid item.

- A Greater Confusion Potion - can be added to commodity vendor but immediately delivered back as an invalid item.

- Exceptional Items that stack: Any item that can have the exceptional tag is a problem for commodity vendors. This was first noticed with egg bombs and grapes of wrath. If you put on the exceptional version of the items, no one can buy them off the vendor (this quantity does not exist or some similiar message) and you will not be able to retrieve them. In order to counter-act this only put on non-exceptional versions of the items and do not put on the ability to buy this item from other players. Enchanted Apples also fall into this category as when you first make them they can be exceptional and/or gm tagged but if you wait one day (till server maintainence) the exceptional tag and/or gm tag will be removed and they can be traded on your vendor. I do not know if they will "lose" the gm tag while being on the commodity vendor.

- Granite: Any colored granite added will only increase the quantity of the regular colored granite and put you in a similiar situation as the exceptional items stacks where your customers will not be able to buy them and you will never be able to retrieve them.

Price setting bug (Major)

This price setting bug happens in the classic client. It is considered a major problem as it can prevent you from changing prices or even worse, it can prevent you from entering your price setting menu without crashing. The crashing is permanent and any price setting must be done from the enhanced client after.

Example of the "gremlin" characters that can happen during this bug

Possible culprit
It seems as though this bug can happen after adding enough stock to your vendor. When it happened to me (From adding stock to a freshly recreated vendor), it happened on page 5 of my inventory price setting. This would be the 45th entry of my price setting.

Zero inventory price setting bug

If you have zero of an item in inventory, you cannot set prices to buy or sell or see your inventory item as zero count as the owner of the vendor. To get around part of this visit with another account and you can see what is zero quantity.

Inventory that cannot be removed

You cannot remove an item from your list if you do not wish to trade in that item anymore. The only way to somewhat do this is ...set buy and sell to 0, move item to bottom of list, then remove the inventory. It stays on the menu but with N/A on buy and sell.

Names cutting off

On the main menu many names cut off and you actually have to go into a trade (you can cancel) to see what the item is.

Potion of Invisibility shows as "Potion of"
Powder of Translocation shows as "powder of"
Essence of Achievement shows as "essence of"
Essence of Singularity shows as "essence of"
Essence of Persistence shows as "essence of"
A Greater Conflagration Potion shows as "a Greater"
A Greater Confusion Blast Potion shows as "a Greater Confusion"

Vendor Name Crashing (Potential Issue)

Adding certain special characters to vendor names can cause client crashes (Noticed in the classic client).

Known Character issues:

Comma (,)

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't re-checked all these since the newest publishes...but here is a list I had going in August

Brilliant Ambers - cannot be added to commodity vendor but were able to be added before. Now on trying to add it you get the message "Commodity brokers cannot trade in certain special or rare items, or items that have been dyed." message.

Enhanced Bandages - cannot be added to commodity vendor but at one time were able to be.

Bola Balls - cannot be added to commodity vendor but at one time were able to be...not a big issue.

A Greater Conflag Potion - can be added to commodity vendor but immediately delivered back as an invalid item.

A Greater Confusion Potion - can be added to commodity vendor but immediately delivered back as an invalid item.

General Bug - if you have zero of an item in inventory, you cannot set prices to buy or sell or see your inventory item as zero count as the owner of the vendor. To get around part of this visit with another account and you can see what is zero quantity.

General Bug - you cannot remove an item from your list if you do not wish to trade in that item anymore. The only way to somewhat do this is ...set buy and sell to 0, move item to bottom of list, then remove the inventory. It stays on the menu but with N/A on buy and sell.

Name cutoffs: On the main menu many names cut off and you actually have to go into a trade (you can cancel) to see what the item is.
Potion of Invisibility shows as "Potion of"
Powder of Translocation shows as "powder of"
Essence of Achievement shows as "essence of"
Essence of Singularity shows as "essence of"
Essence of Persistence shows as "essence of"
A Greater Conflagration Potion shows as "a Greater"
A Greater Confusion Blast Potion shows as "a Greater Confusion"

Exceptional Items that stack: Any item that can have the exceptional tag is a problem for commodity vendors. This was first noticed with egg bombs and grapes of wrath. If you put on the exceptional version of the items, no one can buy them off the vendor (this quantity does not exist or some similiar message) and you will not be able to retrieve them. In order to counter-act this only put on non-exceptional versions of the items and do not put on the ability to buy this item from other players. Enchanted Apples also fall into this category as when you first make them they can be exceptional and/or gm tagged but if you wait one day (till server maintainence) the exceptional tag and/or gm tag will be removed and they can be traded on your vendor. I do not know if they will "lose" the gm tag while being on the commodity vendor.

Granite: Any colored granite added will only increase the quantity of the regular colored granite and put you in a similiar situation as the exceptional items stacks where your customers will not be able to buy them and you will never be able to retrieve them.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they suck end of story move out of maginca its a joke! use regular vendors dont waste your time on the latest and greatest failure of our beloved devs.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they suck end of story move out of maginca its a joke! use regular vendors dont waste your time on the latest and greatest failure of our beloved devs.
Don't agree there.
I think it has some great potential.
It is just when you hit the bugs it can be extremely frustrating.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should see the $$ the OP's vendor makes.

If you run these vendors correctly they are money printing machine. It's not easy to run them like the OP does but if you can put the time and effort into it they work.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aero, I didn't see white pearl on your vendor...can that be added or is like the brilliant amber?

Aerodice

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The vendors have created a following of buyers and sellers, effectively creating a trading post.

I have met many of my buyers and sellers who have commented on what the bazaar vendors have done for them. You can buy what you need and sell what you don't need. At the same time, it puts less pressure on the vendor owner to go out and obtain the items to sell on their own so if you manage to get a following, it makes for good vending as your vendor is constantly restocked. You can also find many items that sell for a lot less than other vendor locations.

If more were done to address the bugs and find better ways to promote them and make them attractive, then they would pick up.

Aero, I didn't see white pearl on your vendor...can that be added or is like the brilliant amber?
White pearl can be added. It's probably out of pearl right now or it crashed when I added the last item. I added the items you posted to my first post. Thanks for your input.

M

MYUO

The commodity vendors should be revamped so that you can remove items from inventory, sort the inventory according to name or price, and the gump doesn't go back to first page after an entry is made.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The commodity vendors should be revamped so that you can remove items from inventory, sort the inventory according to name or price, and the gump doesn't go back to first page after an entry is made.
Excellent ideas.

One thing I have learned in my years of database type programming...any time you make a list of items...make sure it is sortable, searchable, and/or filterable on every column in the datawindow. Otherwise you are going to have to revisit it because someone is going to like it or need it in some other form.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Green Thorns can be added to vendor but immediately returned as an invalid item.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checks list...

Need to put Enchanted Apples on the list.
They cannot be added to the commodity vendors at all anymore.
**wonders if this WAS the fix lol **