• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Commodity Deedable

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never thought to check until now, but a little disappointed that neither pigments nor natural dyes can be put on a commodity deed and thus on a bazaar vendor.

Figured since they were stackable they would be.

Oh well.
What other items have people found that stack but don't go into commodity deeds?
Please note this is not a "this should stack" thread. It is more for information on what can and can't be put in a commodity deed and thus on a bazaar vendor.

S

Sevin0oo0

raw ore?

so everything put on a bazaar vendor Must be in deed form??

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
raw ore?

so everything put on a bazaar vendor Must be in deed form??
ahh yes raw ore...forgot about that one.

But yes it is my understanding everything on bazaar vendors must be in deed form. Though to be honest I just took other peoples words and never even tried myself.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh yes raw ore...forgot about that one.

But yes it is my understanding everything on bazaar vendors must be in deed form. Though to be honest I just took other peoples words and never even tried myself.
I bet the devs never thought anyone would want to deed raw ore. The obvious thing is to convert ore to ingots. It never occured to me to deed raw ore.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet the devs never thought anyone would want to deed raw ore. The obvious thing is to convert ore to ingots. It never occured to me to deed raw ore.
They might not have done it out of fear of flooding the market with iron ingots. It wouldn't be hard for someone to get control of a faction town and fill a bank lobby with faction ore vendors and then buy them up to the max, fill a bank box with an insane amount of ore, deed it, take it home, undeed the ore, plop a huge stack of it on the ground, and then smelt it. Same could be done with lumber, but I don't think there is as much of a demand for plain wood as there is for iron ingots.

The trade off for making raw ore deedable might end up being something like not being able to smelt it when it is just laying on the ground versus being in your backpack. Not sure that idea would really go over well with a lot of folks....

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have said this far too many times, but it's worth repeating:

If it is stackable, it should be inherently possible for it to go into a commodity deed. Period.

S

Sevin0oo0

They might not have done it out of fear of flooding the market with iron ingots.
Yep, I agree w/ that one, and I think a Dev even stated that once, and the subject was dropped. No one even mentioned colored ore.
But say I have 13k small verite and want to market then to miner trainees - all sales would have to be private

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only advantage to raw ore is that if you are training mining you can smelt one ore at a time for gains. So buying 1,000 ore for training has an advantage over 2,000 ingots.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have said this far too many times, but it's worth repeating:

If it is stackable, it should be inherently possible for it to go into a commodity deed. Period.
Agreed.

So what else isn't commodity deedable

So far
Pigments
Natural Dyes
Raw Ore
Plant Clippings