• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Commodity deed box and co-owner

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The co-owner can place some chest secure. In this case i would put the commodity deed box secure, if i am a co-owner.
But no, also if i am a co-owner, I can't put it secure. If i say " i wish to secure this" it appears the target but the boxes remains not secured :(
It's seems to me a bug.
I see many commodity deed boxes in vendors. So they are usefull??
But it seems too strange that only the owner of the house can secure it.
I can secure it also with the owner of the house and with the other chars of the same account.
Please help me :(

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From http://update.uo.com/design_595.html:
Commodity Deed Box: A box that allows players to usecommodity deeds in their own home!
It can only be placed in a house by the owner or any character from the owner account.
The box must be secured to work.
It uses the standard commodity deeds purchased from a banker.
Deeds can be both filled and redeemed in the box

So this behavior is intended (and in my opinion the same "nonsens" as limiting the owner account to place and remove ladders in a house or unlocking redeeded holiday tree deeds, which have been placed by the coowner as trees before).

*Salute*
Olahorand

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can the house owner set the box to co-owner security level?

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The house owner can set security to any level, including anyone. So set it (to Co-Owner, Friends, Guild Members, or anyone) then the owner isn't needed to use it.

:danceb:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yes it's useful. Yes it has to be secured by the house owner.
Guess for some people that means reopening that house holding account?