• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Comments from the devs?

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recently someone posted some screenshots on stratics of a players task bar showing multiple cheats going on at the same time and unfortunately because of The Stratics ROC the post was deleted. As pvpers we all know these cheats have been going on for quite some time. EA seems to be just ignoring the whole situation. Any complaints to GMs go ignored and any attempt to get a response from Jeremy or any devs go unanswered. This really urks alot of people. Can we get any kind of response whatsoever as far as what is being done about the situation? This not only causes huge imbalances to what the devs did fairly well to balance pvp, but it also causes alot of friction and alot of hard feeling within the game. Devs its time to fess up to what is being done and why these cheaters are not being dealt with. The cheating is escalating because of the lack of enforcement of the rules. The automated GM service we are now stuck with does zero to enforce the rules. The refusal of any public statements or policing has gave the cheaters a green light in this game and frankly the players are as mad at EA as they are at the cheaters. This isnt a case of some new cheats popping up recently where the dev team just hasnt had time to respond, its a case of these cheats happening for sometimes up to years now and it obvious nothing is being done to resolve the situation. Until EA actively starts to police the game with in game personnel more and more of the player base either starts to cheat themselves or says heck with it and start canceling accounts.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious, if EA/Mythics policy is they do not discuss actions or peoples accounts, how do you KNOW it is being ignored?

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because the same people have been running around doing the same things over and over to the point they flaunt what they are doing. Its obvious. The policy you speak of seems to be a conveniant excuse for some rather weak plausible denial. All one needs to do is go to certain guilds websites and see the screenshots they post and it explains everything one sees going on in game.

E

Emil IsTemp

Damn.. thats why i stopped PVPing 7 years ago..

has it really been that long..? =)

R

RavenWinterHawk

Damn.. thats why i stopped PVPing 7 years ago..

has it really been that long..? =)
The event has been fun. Im sure they are working on that too.

But for me. They dont need to say we banned joe. But they could address all the blatant stuff hanging around.

Like the dupe.

Come on.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldnt it be nice tho to be able to not see "Joe" around anymore?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen people use a client tile hack that allows them to walk over an obstacle that I could not (tombstones, etc.). He openly stated, several times, that it was a hack he uses (in game). I paged, journal sent, next day I see the same schmuck in Yew.

I have paged on people who admitted to using some sort of speed enhancing application (with the admission in journal) and they are zipping around the next day.

I mean, when it's to the point that people openly admit it and flaunt it in game, they know nothing is going to happen. I play for the PvP. I don't play to use apps to win, I just like to coordinate group efforts.

Please do something.

W

Wallenstein

The only reason EA doesn't ban accounts as a result of screenshot evidence is because screenshots can be manipulated very easily with programs like Photoshop, etc.

It would be ridiculous to see EA banning accounts because of screenshot evidence since then almost every single player in the game who had a grudge against someone would just edit a screenshot of them cheating.

Getting something on video is better for obvious reasons, as videos are a billion times harder to edit than photos when it comes to faking illegal program usage.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This really doesnt have anything to do with the screenshot itself. Anyone whos played this game long enough knows that the cheating has been going on for a very long time with no threat of discipline from EA. The screenshot was legitimate as it was originaly posted on another website by the actual player that had all the cheats running. Players are frustrated that nothing on these types of matter are ever addressed. Not on these forums or in game. The proof is in the players that are still allowed to play despite all the cheats. The people complaining arent noobs or bad pvpers but generaly are experienced longtime players that know the difference between being owned and being had by a cheater. the gripe is with the ignored pages, the bots GMs that have no ability or will to effectively police the game as it should be policed. I guarantee if you asked most pvpers on a given shard, who is cheating? and the list of players givin would match up.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO = Cheater's Paradise

Almost every system in the game is over run with cheaters.
Bods
Quests
Collections
Idocs
Resource gathering
PvP

EA doesn't care, the only time they do anything about a cheat is when it gets so large scale that they are forced to do something. Even then all they do is burn down a stupid house and ban an account. The cheater simply moves on to their next account and resumes their activities the very same day.

Also I love it how the players have to do all of the leg work in order for EA to actually do something about a cheater.

C

Crystilastamous

Cheating in PvP.....

My stance is that, MOST people claim the other is cheating ANYTIME they are beaten. I'm not sure if they just think, they are SO good that if they are beaten the other party must be cheating?

Honestly there really isn't such thing as cheating in PvP.

Worst I've seen are client modifications, on fields mostly... Okay, big deal their fields look different.

People who Script in PvP? Okay, this is the worst thing I've ever heard. If anyone runs such a thing, it means they ARE BAD REALLY REALLY BAD. No script can PvP for you too many variables.

Speedhacks? Virtually non existent. There are programs out there that accelerate certain applications, or your entire operating system... but does that acceleration follow out through your internet connection? Does it happen server side also?

The answer is NO.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cheating in PvP.....

My stance is that, MOST people claim the other is cheating ANYTIME they are beaten. I'm not sure if they just think, they are SO good that if they are beaten the other party must be cheating?

Worst I've seen are client modifications, on fields mostly... Okay, big deal their fields look different.

People who Script in PvP? Okay, this is the worst thing I've ever heard. If anyone runs such a thing, it means they ARE BAD REALLY REALLY BAD. No script can PvP for you too many variables.

Speedhacks? Virtually non existent. There are programs out there that accelerate certain applications, or your entire operating system... but does that acceleration follow out through your internet connection? Does it happen server side also?

The answer is NO.
Take a walk around Fel before opening your mouth next time, this post shows a total lack of knowledge about what goes on in Felucca. You can even hide at Fel Yew gate on some shards (Great Lakes) and still see people cheating.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question. If speedhacks and other programs dont work why do people run them? Weve seen proof whether here or on other sites of people posting their screenshots with all the garbage running. It seems hardly a coincidence when we can plainly see people skipping off our screens and those same people we suspect are cheating are the ones posting screenshots with cheats in them.The fact is that there are alot of cheat programs out there and people are indeed using them with no fear of retribution from EA. Crystilastamous Im curious, which shard do you pvp on and which guild are you in? I guarantee if you play great lakes and pvp legitimately you dont need to be a sleuth to tell whos running what.

L

Loqucious

I do believe the cheating exists, but I've been playing 7 years and I still don't know how to do the dupe thing. Can there really be that many players that understand how to do this?

X

XaeviusMenate

Saying there's 'No cheating in PvP' is like saying 'the sun really doesn't drop from the sky at night, it HIDES ITSELF WITH A SHEET!!'

Come on, now. You can practically tell that Fel PvP has turned into Program Versus Program or Mod Vs Mod, then we have the Speedhack vs Speedhack crowd, and mostly all of them will whine and complain and say "Well, I only use (insert bannable mod/program/hack) because EVERYBODY ELSE DOES!"

Then they say it's impossible to compete without it.

This is, however, unacceptable...but, somehow, it's been allowed to continue and ends up affecting the entire game.

This is beyond me. How one could not detect a cheat/mod running in their own program, on their own server and not do anything about it is literally borderline insanity.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheating in PvP.....

Speedhacks? Virtually non existent. There are programs out there that accelerate certain applications, or your entire operating system...
That's the second dumbest thing I have read on these forums.

There are player run servers that have completely eliminated speedhack. Why can a bunch of guys running a FREE server figure it out, but we pay EA $12.99 USD per acct per month and they can't do anything. Hmmm..... maybe I shouldn't play on EA's servers anymore.

A

Asmodai

I do believe the cheating exists, but I've been playing 7 years and I still don't know how to do the dupe thing. Can there really be that many players that understand how to do this?
thats because they keep it on the low, and dupe stuff to sell for irl cash. theres clearly a certain group of people that circulate this information amongst themselves but dont release it into the public domain because they profit from it irl. and then of course theres others that just stumble across it.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheating in this game is almost non-existant. I'm not gonna argue, I will let you all retain your crybaby status and think what you want. It makes you all feel better right?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cheating in this game is almost non-existant. I'm not gonna argue, I will let you all retain your crybaby status and think what you want. It makes you all feel better right?
Look guys! It's another person that has never set foot in Felucca!

A

Asmodai

lol.. what? can you substantiate that claim? because i know for sure theres like 5 different forums around the internet dedicated purely to scripting/cheating/hacking/duping/speedhacking in ultima online which would say otherwise.

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
re the cat, Emil.......... no, he is not yours.....

you are his.... :)

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rolo i sent those same photos to jeremy already in an email with the website that the person posted them on. As well as the others these same people had posted on stratics from the old forums. I emailed this to her befor ei posted them on our GL forums and here. I have still not recieved a reply and dont think i ever will.

As for the guy saying theres no speedhack how is it that my best ping is 15 and I cannot and have not skipped across. This is my best ping throughout UO thats one server. These guys must move irl constantly to stay next to the server as they transfer shards. As they skip on every shard.

The field hack is a huge advantage not only in lag reducing but allows you to know which tiles are fielded and then to not have your field be distracted by the other fields animation when your laying more fields. Also this same crap allows them to run over soulstones(which any legit player will find is impossible), crates(again any legit player cannot) and candleabras(which once again if u try it and are legit u cant run through it).

The screenshots are valid as the people using them are the ones posting not only on other websites but also here. If you go to the site i got those from that guy is asked about his toolbar and flat out admits it in his posts on there.

Like lynk said its amazing a bunch of people on a FREEEEEEE shard can stop speedhacking but the people we are paying to play this game cannot figure this stuff out.

I guess we should all the the advice someone gave me when i posted those ss of that guy and that is to ADAPT. Not sure how you ADAPT to blatant cheaters. Then again i guess we all should have ADAPTED to bod runners and gold famers to. Or how about the ever popular idoc scripters. I guess we should all ADAPT to this pathetic excuse of a ZERO TOLERANCE policy these devs rolled out on us after some pathetic burning houses...

A question for the devs who enforce this so called ZERO TOLERANCE policy, What exactly do you have zero tolerance for? Its blatantly obvious its not for cheating. Is it for the people who cant adapt and prefer to play legit? Please do enlighten us...

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just want to say it is possible to run threw a soulstone.. but its very tricky to grab it before you hit it then you have to keep going at same time so you use keys to move and mouse to grab the item in the way just as your about to cross its path and bam you run right threw since it thinks your picking it up for a seckond!! but no chance if theres a stack of stuff!!

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL now that is the funniest thing I have ever read. :lol:

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really think someone at EA needs to adress whats going on in this game. Its not as if all the cheating has just recently come up. Its been going on for quite some time. Not sure if the devs are still off from a long 4th of July weekend or not but someone really does need to adress it because alot of players are really getting ticked off. I myself have played almost nine years now and I know many people with more accounts have played longer than that. Thats a long time and alot of money to pay a company thats giving us this kind of or lack of customer service.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish this was stickied so every time Jeremy looks at the boards he would be reminded that they need to take action.

Y

Yalp

really? no cheating in uo? wow... what is really mind blowing is that you seem to actually believe it..unreal.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps we could get the mods to sticky a protest thread to EA/Mythic (or whatever they call themselves now) in reguards to the rampant cheating and the refusal by the powers that be to police their own game.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want Jeremy to add at the bottom of each week's FoF a simple entry like this:

Banned users:
x miner bots
x PvP cheats
x unattended skill macros

Other games are able to provide stats like that without compromising any player confidentiality, and heck, even if we just got a # users were banned this month it would be better than nothing. In all honesty I find it hard to believe anything is being done when it's clear people still get automated GM responses, don't see players being banned after paging etc. Not to mention, when did you last see a player complain that they were banned? I want to believe the current team are doing something, but my faith is waning.

Wenchy

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just want Jeremy to add at the bottom of each week's FoF a simple entry like this:

Banned users:
x miner bots
x PvP cheats
x unattended skill macros

Other games are able to provide stats like that without compromising any player confidentiality, and heck, even if we just got a # users were banned this month it would be better than nothing. In all honesty I find it hard to believe anything is being done when it's clear people still get automated GM responses, don't see players being banned after paging etc. Not to mention, when did you last see a player complain that they were banned? I want to believe the current team are doing something, but my faith is waning.

Wenchy
What would the point of this be, see that

every week?

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**Somewhere the Dev who created the Painted Caves is patting himself on the back.**

"Man I programmed an awesome dungeon, there's always someone in there every day, all day...... I rock!!!"

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id just like to say the subject of the original post was on with his guildies last night and was as fast as ever. I also find it odd how I lag when this guild is on my screen. I dont get much lag at all except when these guys are on my screen.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheating in PvP.....

The answer is NO.

I think you opened a huge can of worms with the entirety of your statement.

Let me begin with client modification. So quickly you wish to play this off as a non-issue. Static fields for starters sir, these allow the ability to know exactly where open tiled areas are...which in combat allows for both better offense and defense. Tree mods...those allow an individual to see ALL of the terrain, allowing them the ability to not get stuck by non visible terrain. Then we have the object modifications, which allow manipulation of objects so one can run through them...including bagballs and candelabras. All three of these instances add unfair advantage to all types of situations.

Moving on...

Speedhacks....alive and well, and if you dont think they are effective perhaps try asking some of those guildmates....you know...the ones who ping 80+ but can run past you and stam block. *rolls eyes*

I am just going to flat out say your are brainwashed sir, and have either been cheating so long you forgot what fairplay was or else you have been around cheating so long you forgot what fairplay was. I am oldschool with this game, I draw the line in any situation where anothers gameplay is affected. To be a cheaters advocate is just ********....plain and simple.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really do wish we would get some responses from the devs as to why no action or enforcement is happening.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that they cannot allow anyone to name names or allow screenshots when its not sure that the person is doing anything illigal.

since your innocent till proven guilty.

BUT why let them live anonym if they have been proven guilty and banned??

Why not let us know WHO got banned and what for?
If my Neighbour robs a bank and gets Jail for it , you will be sure to see him on the news too.

Bust the cheaters and dupers and dont leave it up to us to figure out if they are the bad ones.
They broke the rules , their privacy is not beeing invaded if their RL information is not revealed.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*** This is an official response from EA-Mythic games **** (NOT)

Please direct your enquires to a blackhole, please ask anyone caught cheating to read the original rules posted at . . at . . (damn it anyone remember where we posted that nonsence) umm errr try at www.ea.com, warn them that if they continue to cheat they will enforce us to yawn and wag our fingers in there general direction.

Anyone caught running an illegal program with UO should be congratulated in making something work in UO without glitching, we are hoping to reach that level of competence ourselves at some point in the distant future.

We would like to thank our loyal client base for continueing to pay our salaries and we hope to work towards a glorious future where all these other programs will be legalized so we no longer need to hear from you, please be patient as our time awake is limited.

For all future enquires please send to [email protected]

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point whether or not they post the names of offenders is irrelevant because at this point they are not doing a single thing to offenders in the first place. The whole point of this thread is to actualy get action taken against the cheaters.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noticed Regine from EA mythic was in this thread.

Was expecting the usual BS post saying they were aware of the problem and blah blah blah.

I guess she decided to just say nothing....which is right in line with EA's do nothing policy.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point whether or not they post the names of offenders is irrelevant because at this point they are not doing a single thing to offenders in the first place. The whole point of this thread is to actualy get action taken against the cheaters.
For EA to take action would mean that they actualy admit there IS a problem with their programming. It's like politics, if you ignore it long enough, people will think it's supposed to be that way.

And you can bet for sure that they will not address these issues, since they takes intelligence and skill to fix in the first place.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look guys! It's another person that has never set foot in Felucca!
lol, you don't have to goto Fel to see someone cheating in UO. Maybe you should change it to "...set foot in Sosaria!"

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think your just stirring the pot (aka Trolling)... cheating in UO is not as bad as a lot of people think, especially in PvP (lots of people like to cry hacks as soon as they die, just because they died), but to say it is non-existent is just... well stupid and ignorant.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO = Cheater's Paradise

Almost every system in the game is over run with cheaters.
Bods
Quests
Collections
Idocs
Resource gathering
PvP

EA doesn't care, the only time they do anything about a cheat is when it gets so large scale that they are forced to do something. Even then all they do is burn down a stupid house and ban an account. The cheater simply moves on to their next account and resumes their activities the very same day.

Also I love it how the players have to do all of the leg work in order for EA to actually do something about a cheater.
idocs are only cheated outside of the felucca ruleset.