• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Commanding Pets in Fel

C

Cloak&Dagger

So I have tried several times to get this answered and resolved, it has now been at least 9 months since I originally ask this question in this in the ask a dev section, answered here http://vboards.stratics.com/ask-devs/186292-why-pet-commands-different.html

Now since then nothing has been done about the second half of the answer.

Why do pets in factions in fel not respond to their proper name? How did this change happen? Can we have it fixed already? I know, more than likely not many asking about it, but I figure it can not be that difficult to fix.

I command my pets separately so "all" commands obviously wont work.
Tried to use the character for the first time in 9 months and failed because of this.

So Thank you if any of the developers get around to reading this, even greater thanks if I can have an answer to if it will be fixed.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Pet commands overall are in a very bad state again. I remember at one time they actually fixed it to where a pet would actually listen and follow without autotargeting something. Now you can spam all follow me {or pet name follow me} all day and the thing just does what it wants.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet commands overall are in a very bad state again. I remember at one time they actually fixed it to where a pet would actually listen and follow without autotargeting something. Now you can spam all follow me {or pet name follow me} all day and the thing just does what it wants.
Insert "all stop" or "petname stop" before the "follow me" command in your macro. That will put your pets in passive mode and get them to follow.

The factions thing does need to be fixed though. Pets should always respond to commands with their name in. Then maybe in the next 13 years we'll be able to command pets with spaces in their names too.

Wenchy

C

Cloak&Dagger

2 posts is honestly more than I expected to see at all...

This part still works, "all follow me" does not counter "all guard me" so as long as your pet is in guard mode it will always auto attack anything that aggro's you or it. =\ I do not remember it ever being different, but if you give it a "all stop" "all follow me" It should just follow you with out attacking anything, ever. On the other hand I am not sure if "all kill" will make it act that way, it shouldn't though, Unless it is a casting creature and casts explode prior to the "all follow me" and then deals damage when the spell hits, that would cause it to turn and aggro.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Insert "all stop" or "petname stop" before the "follow me" command in your macro. That will put your pets in passive mode and get them to follow.

The factions thing does need to be fixed though. Pets should always respond to commands with their name in. Then maybe in the next 13 years we'll be able to command pets with spaces in their names too.

Wenchy
The space in the name is the problem entirely! At least, that is what I suspect since it happened when they added the "space" and the faction tag after that space. Honestly most annoying thing they have ever done to me.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The space in the name is the problem entirely! At least, that is what I suspect since it happened when they added the "space" and the faction tag after that space. Honestly most annoying thing they have ever done to me.
Ah, forgot they added the space and tag on faction pets...ick :(

The faction tag and space will be enough to break your commands, tamers can't command any pet by it's name if there's a space in it.

EAM either need to take out that space or allow players to take it out, if they're not going to let us command a "spaced" pet...

Wenchy

C

Cloak&Dagger

Posts move to fast from the main page. And someone needs to see this, it really is annoying.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1878561 said:
And someone needs to see this, it really is annoying.
I concur! Let us command pets with blanks in their names.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Cloak‡1877552 said:
2 posts is honestly more than I expected to see at all...

This part still works, "all follow me" does not counter "all guard me" so as long as your pet is in guard mode it will always auto attack anything that aggro's you
Thanks, had forgotten about the all stop needing to be there. Took about a year off not too long ago, still trying to remember what all I forgot.

S

Shanna

Gawl. I thought I was insane the other day when I used duo pets on my faction tamer. I couldn't separate them and thought I was doing something wrong. This explains a lot.

Anywho, when you freshly tame a pet, you can use the spaces of its name to include spaces in its new name. Just don't delete the spaces. That's what I do.

J

[JD]

Agree w/the all stop thing. In the EC I have a command which does the all stop, all follow me, honor, followed by all kill. The pet commands are buggy but stacking the all stop makes it almost tolerable. I'm sure they just need another 13 years to fix it.

S

Sevin0oo0

I named my mare Eradicator of Evil - I don't even try, since it has 2 blank spaces

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh people has anyone sent in a bug report?? or sent James_Mythic or Cal_Mythic a PM?? I mean really... if they cant see the posts try a message to the person who counts.

Yes its anoying to use the "all follow me" instead of "Jupiter Jax follow me" (made up name).
Even for Us non pvp pet users, and its not just in fel. Any pet with a space will not answer you any shard and facit. I too would like it fixed.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know I feel ya but at least we have an all command, I rember when we didnt...

a follow me
b follow me
c follow me
d follow me
e follow me
f follow me
g follow me

mind u we could have far more pets then too haha

but my problem is that I have some hellcats I used to kill dragons and greater dragons with... and now frequently despite my 120 120 120 all real they just flat out refuse to fight half the stuff I target with them... =(

haven't had um out recently caus I got so frustrated caus with out their pack of all of them attacking its kinda imposable to kill the big stuff with um...
caus if they do attack its never all of um at once any more... any way I'll try and find out exactly what the msg is I used to kill people with them this is where I've run into the most deadly problems with it... deadly for them and me...

C

Cloak&Dagger

Ya know I feel ya but at least we have an all command, I rember when we didnt...

a follow me
b follow me
c follow me
d follow me
e follow me
f follow me
g follow me

mind u we could have far more pets then too haha

but my problem is that I have some hellcats I used to kill dragons and greater dragons with... and now frequently despite my 120 120 120 all real they just flat out refuse to fight half the stuff I target with them... =(

haven't had um out recently caus I got so frustrated caus with out their pack of all of them attacking its kinda imposable to kill the big stuff with um...
caus if they do attack its never all of um at once any more... any way I'll try and find out exactly what the msg is I used to kill people with them this is where I've run into the most deadly problems with it... deadly for them and me...
Don't pets use their own judgment when being told to fight creatures that are far stronger then them? IE a horse wont attack a greater dragon most of the time?