• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

- "coming war"

S

Sebrina

:sleep2: Don't go to sleep on this.

A certain Dev used this phase, - "coming war," in the end of a sentence on a post. I may be fetching, but believe this is one reason for the lack of guard-zones in cities as the next publish is being set up to be released.

This also could relate to the lack of NPCs in towns as the devious, diabolical, Devs weave the webwork of wickedness. (Meant in jest!)

I had a character that was ghosted in the Deamon world through the black-rock detector on Moonglow until a few days ago. That world is still there, and my character was able to come back, though the deamons are still lurking on the other side of that nexus.

Fortify your warriors, & get your supplies stocked! The stars and comets show the signs that something major is about to happen.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what puzzled me the most about the murder and mayhem at the castle is that Draconi refers to it (in the game fiction) as "Hope for the Future"

:confused:

S

Sebrina

what puzzled me the most about the murder and mayhem at the castle is that Draconi refers to it (in the game fiction) as "Hope for the Future"

:confused:
I think that you are catching on! *shoves sock in mouth* "mumble mumble" - I can't say much more.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I for one was surprised how few people seemed to catch the war line. I started a thread about it on LA. The big questions are which side are you going to be on when Skara attacks Minoc? Are we going to fight for our favorite citys or are they going the way of the sad city that we destroyed in our quest for pretties. And if you played with blackrock are we going to be hunted down? Worse the royal council was killed with glass daggars, does that mean Lessa, Rowan, and Cerri (sillly people went to Andrew and got glass dagger) are going to end up with Ricardo behind bars? Chaos and order which side do you chose? Me, half of the family are cheering on chaos while the other half keep telling them to shut up or they will lock us up. And it is Skara for the win. We will conquer the rest of the world.:lick:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The big questions are which side are you going to be on when Skara attacks Minoc? Are we going to fight for our favorite citys or are they going the way of the sad city that we destroyed in our quest for pretties. And if you played with blackrock are we going to be hunted down? Worse the royal council was killed with glass daggars, does that mean Lessa, Rowan, and Cerri (sillly people went to Andrew and got glass dagger) are going to end up with Ricardo behind bars? Chaos and order which side do you chose? Me, half of the family are cheering on chaos while the other half keep telling them to shut up or they will lock us up. And it is Skara for the win. We will conquer the rest of the world.:lick:
Did you get a glass dagger?

=P

I think that a possible indication to which side you will be on...

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Factions will also play a part in which side you are on too.

Maybe guarding/raiding Sigils... will actually have a purpose!! Oh boy would that be cool!

S

Sebrina

I for one was surprised how few people seemed to catch the war line.
It really shocked me too, but it was there. Months ago, I started a thread on Chessy called, "Which Side Will You Choose?" All, I can say is jets must be flying over in stealth mode, because many are either not paying attention or they are still trying to figure out what is going on.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really shocked me too, but it was there. Months ago, I started a thread on Chessy called, "Which Side Will You Choose?" All, I can say is jets must be flying over in stealth mode, because many are either not paying attention or they are still trying to figure out what is going on.
All my characters aligned with the shadowlords :D

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is going to care until something happens in-game. Even then, it had better be something real and not a patented Draconi "Thanks for showing up, see you next month!" ten minute event.

B

BartofCats

the coming war should not be a suprise to anyone who listened to the town hall in san fran.

The war was mentioned there about how the AI would "learn as it went" then we are going to be in for an exciting event.

All i can say is BRING IT ON ALREADY. Im guessing that the 11th anniversary will be out before the war is here.

A

AesSedai

... should not be a suprise to anyone who listened ...

...Im guessing that the 11th anniversary will be out before the war is here.
- The 11th anniversary of UO is this Wednesday, the 25th.
In the last FoF it was mentioned that publish 56 was at least a week out.
1+1= publish 56 will not arrive before the anniversary.
I say: Good! Work out as many quirks as possible before bringing us any of this 'war' -stuff I'm hearing about ;)

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The war was mentioned there about how the AI would "learn as it went" then we are going to be in for an exciting event
For chrissakes, I wish they had found time in between coding the self-aware super AI to... say... fix the party health bar bug that's been around for 8 years.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Beefy if you dont have anything constructive to say about the op's post...why even bother posting.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beefy if you dont have anything constructive to say about the op's post...why even bother posting.

Honestly , I think fixing an 8 year old bug would be constructive. As far as posting, hes a member here just like you are. You know where the ignore button is. Use it and stop whining.

B

Brucie Kibbutz

The end of our sun is coming as well...in 5 billion years. If you're waiting on either one to happen, you might want to not hold your breath.

If anyone is taking bets on which happens first, I wouldn't give either one better than 50:50 odds.

A

AesSedai

- If you don't give other than 50:50, then what is the use in betting?
Put your money where your mouth is? I bet 100:1 that publish 56 comes before the end of our star, the sun. Any takers? Brucie?

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adding a tid-bit here, yesterday, the 23rd, I was in minoc heading toward the tinkerers shop on Atl.. when out of the blue, I ran into one of those red colored blackrock elementals, as seen in cove and such.

Then I thought, well maybe someone just lured it here....but I got to thinking, they don't go far betond the spawn point. I went to cove to double check, and I was right.

A fluke?? I don't know.....