• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming back

C

Caelas

Hi all, my wife and I are thinking about coming back to UO and are looking for a friendly shard with room for housing. One of the things that turned us away from the game a couple years back was the lack of housing space on Great Lakes and Atlantic where we used to play...and the @$$hat elitists that played on those shards.

In my original thread, DevilsOwn suggested Legends...said there was housing room and friendly people here. Just trying to confirm that before whipping out the credit card :)

N

NewThunder

Hi all, my wife and I are thinking about coming back to UO and are looking for a friendly shard with room for housing. One of the things that turned us away from the game a couple years back was the lack of housing space on Great Lakes and Atlantic where we used to play...and the @$$hat elitists that played on those shards.

In my original thread, DevilsOwn suggested Legends...said there was housing room and friendly people here. Just trying to confirm that before whipping out the credit card :)
If you need a keep let me know I have a Tram keep in a good spot you can have.

C

Caelas

If you need a keep let me know I have a Tram keep in a good spot you can have.
Seriously? That's awesome! Where about in Tram is it? And by have do you mean free or payment plan? (I've been duped before, nothing personal, just want to be sure :) ) A keep...thats 24x24 four towers etc right?

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legends is a great shard. You'll enjoy it. It has some of the best people I've met in UO on any shard.

Population is a bit down right now so it's good to see people considering immigrating to Legends. If you need any help getting settled just let me know.

I think those are the right dimensions for a keep; it's been awhile since I've had one.

C

Caelas

Well, I'll be coming back...if the flippin account page would work....:sad2:

C

Caelas

So EA's account management systems are down...even called on the phone and they can't help reactive accounts...is this a sign of things to come?

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's more likely just typical EA incompetence. I'm sure they'll be back up sooner or later.

I noticed logins were taking awhile today. I wonder if they are having network problems of some kind.

K

Kula

I was going to make the first reply to this thread this morning but for some reason I never hit reply...

I was going to actually say that someone from FAL would prolly give you a house for free and that Legends is the most awesome shard, even though we're a quiet bunch and no one donates to the Vespar Library or the Zoo anymore :(

C

Caelas

It's good to know that the shard is friendly...I'm looking forward to logging in...when I can get the flippin account reactivated.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's an alright shard if you can get past the immature pvpers who have pissing contests all day at the luna bank.

C

Caelas

HAHA Yeah, I can handle that...just don't step in the **** puddles.
I called EA, their account database is down, so I cannot get my accounts reactivated yet. Balls. I'll try again later...

K

Kula

it's an alright shard if you can get past the immature pvpers who have pissing contests all day at the luna bank.
Except reds can't bank sit in Luna, and on every shard you will find immature pvp'ers and people having pissing contests.

C

Caelas

Account reactivation is STILL down...I hate to get aggrevated...but this is stupid. Been trying off and on for about 5 hours. ARG.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Caelas, rather than get frustrated, wait until Monday... we'll all still be here, and still willing to help.... and even better, the account management page might be more cooperative :D

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup, and Im here, and I think im about as awsome as they come. Welcome aboard, and not all the pvprs have "pissing matches." Just the ones who suck.

C

Caelas

Caelas, rather than get frustrated, wait until Monday... we'll all still be here, and still willing to help.... and even better, the account management page might be more cooperative :D
Bah, nothing like bashing one's head into a wall of dead databases...especially when I'm a network admin and I KNOW it is doing no good. Heh. :twak:

C

Caelas

It finally worked...I'm loggin in! Look for Caelas online...in the newbie area.

P

Pennywise

C-c-c-c-come to Legends. Plenty of r-r-room out dis der ways.

C

Caelas

Already there. Working on Archery around New Haven. Completed the quests there...just killing for fun and profit now.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and being very patient about that nasty ol' fifteen day timer :(

C

Caelas

and being very patient about that nasty ol' fifteen day timer :(
Now...is that 15 day thing on the character, or the account...cause my account is almost a year old.

...nm, just got a house placement tool to test, and it yelled at me.

D

Danse

SO!!

THATS why the walls are that strange yellow color...I was wondering....reminded of another shard I have visited...:gee:

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Legends, you'll find the people friendly and very helpful. We're the best shard in UO.

no not partial at all, just stating the facts sir :)

Damia

D

Deadly Shadow

We tried to wash the walls down a few times but they still tend to use it. So guess they were not properly potty trained. Now we usually just plant fragrant flowers around to soften the smell a bit.

C

Caelas

Well, the first night on Legends was very good. I did find the people very helpful, and willing to go above and beyond anything I imagined. For example...I went to Luna, asked around if anyone knew of a place I could get a quiver. Next thing I know, this guy trades me a Heritage Token so I can get a Quiver of Infinity! :party: And then in New Haven a guy named Clown gave me a couple nice bows...wait...was that you Pennywise?!?!

Now the hard part begins...what do I want to do with this archer? :coco:

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Caelas if your in game right now I'm in Haven bank :) come and look for me on "The Treasure Box"

Btw my AIM is TovladianUO if you want to contact me :)

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Welp going to assume you're not on so I'll keep what I have for you in my bank box :) see you in game.

B

Brie

I'm back too but I haven't played in years. I actually forgot how to play. My characters are still here from 2000 though. Ha!

What do I need to know that's changed in the last 5 or so years.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seek out someone in the guild FAL i am sure they can set you up on either facet with something comfortable to fit your needs.

C

Caelas

Welp going to assume you're not on so I'll keep what I have for you in my bank box :) see you in game.
Actually I probably was online, just not looking at the forums. I'll be online tonight either on Caelas, or my crafter Max Choppin. If you see one of us, and I don't see you, run me down :)

T

Tovladian Soltyr

yep I saw that char running around halfway expected it was you but was busy in a poker game to chase you down to find out lol.

Grog [TMC]

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I certainly hope it was worth the wait on the billing end. We are sure glad to have you around.

-Grog