• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming Back

Yogi969

Visitor
HI All,

I played way back when (account started in 99') for about 5 years. I recently recovered that account and wanted to get back in the swing of things. My chars are a Tamer/Bard/Treasure Hunter/Dexxer (Chiv)/Doom Gauntlet archer. My question is: are these builds still relevant and does anyone still do the DFs at Doom? I am still trying to catch up on all of the new content, if there is a thread you could link I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back!

I believe the "Treasures of Doom" is coming out later this year--special event with special drops for Doom. A lot of us will be camping Doom then. All those chars are still good. You might want to catch up reading on UO Guide or Stratics.

Yogi969

Visitor
Samp I went through the account instructions on the UO website, if you know the master email the account was linked to you should be able to recover it (check out the UO website under returning players). Lady Lavendar thanks for the input i have been reading up and apparently alot has changed (inflation). I am going to get my hands on a soulstone and try to put together 2-3 uber characters instead of 5 good ones. Hopefully I SW and Myst arent too hard to raise. See you around

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Spellweaving and mysticism are awesome. Spellweaving works really well with taming and with mysticism. We also have "alacrities" now that enable you to gain more points per gain for 15 min.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HI All,

I played way back when (account started in 99') for about 5 years. I recently recovered that account and wanted to get back in the swing of things. My chars are a Tamer/Bard/Treasure Hunter/Dexxer (Chiv)/Doom Gauntlet archer. My question is: are these builds still relevant and does anyone still do the DFs at Doom? I am still trying to catch up on all of the new content, if there is a thread you could link I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Doom/Dark Fathers: No. You may get a group on VERY rare occasions, but don't bet on it happening more than once a year, if that. All of the Doom Artifacts now, except for a few (Ornament is the most desired, Armor of Fortune for luck suits, and a couple others), are crap - crafted gear is better. Or dungeon loot.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Actually I have been in many groups to doom just since my return ...less then a year ago....

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have one that I gave to someone in 2006 (?) and it looks like it "inactive" (I can't actually remember the user name, but I do remember two of the character names...if she didn't delete them!) and it was on Catskills. And I am sure that the person I gave it to would have changed the account information to her name etc. Any chance I can get that account back? I am no longer in contact with the lady (I don't remember her last name after 10 years!). I 'm pretty much screwed, huh?

Samp
The chances are you are screwed. I gave away a couple of accounts to a friend, someone I haven't talked to in years. I knew the account names for them, but didn't know the "secret answer" (when did that show up??), and I named five chars for each, but its entirely possible that they did some name changing. Too bad too, I had some really good chars. heh

These were some of the things asked of me:

Name of the account:
Secret Word:

First and Last name on account:
Email on account:
Date of birth on account (MM/DD/YYYY):
Phone number on the account:
Country and/or State of residency:

Date when account was opened and closed:
Last four digits and type of credit card on account (Visa, Mastercard, etc.):
CD Key(s) used to activate game/expansion:
Any character names found on the account (name AND shard):
Any other information that may help locate the account(s)
:

I was able to grab a few other accounts, but ones we had set aside in case we ever did come back and were able to get those.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The chances are you are screwed. I gave away a couple of accounts to a friend, someone I haven't talked to in years. I knew the account names for them, but didn't know the "secret answer" (when did that show up??), and I named five chars for each, but its entirely possible that they did some name changing. Too bad too, I had some really good chars. heh

These were some of the things asked of me:

Name of the account:
Secret Word:

First and Last name on account:
Email on account:
Date of birth on account (MM/DD/YYYY):
Phone number on the account:
Country and/or State of residency:

Date when account was opened and closed:
Last four digits and type of credit card on account (Visa, Mastercard, etc.):
CD Key(s) used to activate game/expansion:
Any character names found on the account (name AND shard):
Any other information that may help locate the account(s)
:

I was able to grab a few other accounts, but ones we had set aside in case we ever did come back and were able to get those.
Yup, that was pretty much what I had to give when I reactivated a few years ago. Fortunately I remembered all of it except the secret word/security question, which I answered easily when they told me what it was. I deleted the conversation some time ago (all that remains is the initial email I sent) or I'd c/p exactly what I gave. I do remember telling them when I opened the account, when I first closed it, etc.