• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

coming back

D

dkober

Thinking about coming back after 9 to 10 years away from UO. Are there any players on Sonoma anymore? Or has the shard faded away in time?

Also, my account has not been accessed since 2001 or 2002. Is it even possible to retrieve it?

I played for 3+ years and had fully developed characters, so Sonoma would be where I would like to start up again if possible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Hera75

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sonoma is still alive, but it is less populated than other shards. It would be worth at least getting on and exploring. Lots of changes since the years that you played. New lands, new dungeons, new skills. As for retrieving an old account, the best thing to do would be call customer support and have either the credit card number you used on the old account, the address, email address...any information that you had linked to that account would help. Good luck!

D

dkober

I started playing around 99/00 and stopped around 2003. But those years were great times. I had a few GM characters on this shard. Had a fencer named The Feared Kober. A mage named Archon. An alchemist named Lars. I think I had a bard too but its been so long I cant even remember his name!

Used to guild pk the hell out of people for rares and weapons. PAS was my favorite target. I guild pked them with multiple times with multiple characters. I was just a punk kid at the time tho, so my apologies.

Are there any active players who could show a former player the ropes? Obviously there has been tons of changes and it seems like a totally new game.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha. I thought that was you Kober.

Hunter from GOH and B^G here.

So that may answer your question. Yes there are still a few of us around. PAS included.

And if you still remember your account name and password you will still be able to log onto the website to reactivate it.

No hard feelings for our past fights. Those were some of the best inner guild fights I took part in. Much fun.

D

dkober

I hope there is no hard feelings. Just was a kid having a little bit of fun and it was good battling with you all. Who knows if I remember anything with my account. CC is long gone, email? Who knows lol. Only thing I can do is try calling and see what I can provide them to activate the account. Hopefully I'll be seeing you all soon.

Are there numerous guilds or has the lower population forced a consolidation of the majority of them?

Anyone interested in helping a former player out just let me know. It would be greatly appreciated!

Hera75

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are still many different guilds, but if you are in to pvp there are 2 main pvp guilds and a few that just roam alone I think. There are lots of people that would be willing to help/show you around some, just depending on what times you plan on playing. There is a global chat system now and all you would have to do is to go into the general channel and ask for someone who would be willing to help. If I see ya around I'd be willing to help you. If I can't help (just a trammy) I am sure I could point you to someone that can! :)

K

Katzenpfote

Hi, I am also thinking of returning to Sonoma after 12 years. I hesitated with Mondain's L. due to the 3d. I've seen other 3d games and didn't think UO had the best to return to because their 3d shown as too 'flat.' I heard rumors that the 3d idea was ditched. Is this true? I actually enjoyed the good ol' fashioned 3d style.

If I return, is the 2d style option available? I played during 99-2002. I don't want to come back as a recognized character but to start fresh and new. Is it difficult to save for and survive to get a tower these days with today's UO economy?

I don't understand why EA games or Mystic or Mythic remains to keep this a PC based program....as an artist, I can't survive without my mac. Guess artists weren't meant to play UO on their spare time. What? Bootcamp? I'm aware of it. Don't want to do the purchase Windows to run Bootcamp. These are funds I rather spend elsewhere. If UO is PC based forever, ok. I understand. Just want Mystic to be aware that there are mac users who still want to play UO. It would affect profit is all I'm saying. Luckily I have a pc laptop. No, sorry no meaning for trolling. Just want to know if there is a Sonoma to return to. The few years I played were fun. I enjoyed when our cities were invaded by the white savages.

Anyhoo, wish the best to all. Happiness to all who work for it.

Peace.

-S

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I am also thinking of returning to Sonoma after 12 years. I hesitated with Mondain's L. due to the 3d. I've seen other 3d games and didn't think UO had the best to return to because their 3d shown as too 'flat.' I heard rumors that the 3d idea was ditched. Is this true? I actually enjoyed the good ol' fashioned 3d style.

If I return, is the 2d style option available? I played during 99-2002. I don't want to come back as a recognized character but to start fresh and new. Is it difficult to save for and survive to get a tower these days with today's UO economy?

-S
Some people still play (and prefer) the old client. You can choose to play that or the enhanced client. The 3d client is gone (thank goodness!).

It isn't difficult to get a house..I am sure there are tower spots around on one of the 4 facets where you can place a house.

After 12 years it might be a bit of a culture shock for you but welcome back! *smiles*

A

Aloy_BigO

Funny thing, I was thinking of coming back myself ................ :thumbup:

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hold on now people, lets not all come back at once, the servers probably wouldn't handle the strain.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We welcome you back. I tend to play on the dark side of the world, aka fel, but if you need anything or have any questions give me a hollar. Ill try and help ya out if I can. Good to see folks coming back.

A

Aloy_BigO

Thanks Majick, I always played on the "dark side" as well. Played from 98-05or 06. Not sure who's still around that I played with, although I see Hunter is still around. Tell me Dor is still here please.

I think I still have 3 red characters though. My main toons were Orien Aswydd and Aloysius.

D

dkober

EA was no help, though I did not give them much information to go on. The only information I could remember was my the billing address attached to that particular card. I had no email or account name that I could recall. They informed me without that information I could not access the account anymore.

So much for coming back. I understand they put restrictions into place to prevent account hacking but it is truly frustrating when you have a player who is willing to play and pay back on a game who has lost a huge population due to WoW and there is nothing that can be done. No way I am starting over.

Unless you guys have any suggestions..I tried to explain my account (first access, last access, character information, etc) in detail but nothing could be released to me.

D

dkober

EA was no help, though I did not give them much information to go on. The only information I could remember was my the billing address attached to that particular card. I had no email or account name that I could recall. They informed me without that information I could not access the account anymore.

So much for coming back. I understand they put restrictions into place to prevent account hacking but it is truly frustrating when you have a player who is willing to play and pay back on a game who has lost a huge population due to WoW and there is nothing that can be done. No way I am starting over.

Unless you guys have any suggestions..I tried to explain my account (first access, last access, character information, etc) in detail but nothing could be released to me.

D

dkober

D

dkober

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Majick, I always played on the "dark side" as well. Played from 98-05or 06. Not sure who's still around that I played with, although I see Hunter is still around. Tell me Dor is still here please.

I think I still have 3 red characters though. My main toons were Orien Aswydd and Aloysius.
I have not seen Dor for awhile. I have been meaning to call her to check in... Ill have to do that.

Sadly Kober I dont think they can do much without the account information. Unless you can remember the aco**** name or the email you used theres probably not much they can do.

Dont worry about starting over its a different game. No more power hour or any of that stuff. You can have a well built char in a matter of days now not weeks or months.

A

Aloy_BigO

Sup Hunter Can't holla at a brotha no more? lol

Where my AOE/YAD/COP/LuT'ers at? :gee:

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, good to see you as well Orien.

AOE is still about and YAD as well, same people as AOE, very few in number. Along with COP who is still active. LuT has been gone for a bit.

I dont actually ever see anyone where I lurk. I have not come across another person to fight in a long time. Kinda sad.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lemme know where you like to lurk Hunter...Ill add it of my places to scout...I am always down for a good 1v1...

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha. Usually where no one else goes. Especially by themselves. Thats where you can find me. Balrons, Lich Lords and Dragons are my favorite things to hunt. Tera keep is my playground :). And I dont mind everyone knowing that. It would be nice to see life there once in awhile.