• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming back to UO, rolling on Atlantic

pr0x_y

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone. I'm coming back to UO and want to roll on Atlantic, but not sure what template to go with. I know I want to do something combat related. I'm thinking a Paladin. I haven't played the game in quite a while.

Is there a combat template that can solo any of the champs? Maybe I'll do some kind of fishing/archer, even.

EDIT: I'm going to be purchasing a mythical character token, so I'll be able to start at 5x90.

I can't decide what I want to do.

I guess now would be a good time to say I will also be looking for an active guild that frequently has PVM events as well.

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I can't really give any good skill advise, except to possibly check out the Warrior forum, but I did want to say welcome back!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you want to do things solo, making a Sampire would probably be the best template, they can solo 90% of the things in the game. There are a few different ways to build them, and it's a very specific template. Asking about it in the warrior forum would probably get you the most accurate answers.

Sampire stands for Samurai Vampire because most of the templates involve both bushido and necromancies vampire form.

Link to the warrior forum: http://stratics.com/forums/uo-warrior.422/

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so far on my sampire there is only 2 things i have come across that i can not solo, slasher of the veils and lord oaks, i havent tried exodus yet but i know a guy who claims he solo's it all the time, but like capt said the template is very specific and the gear required to play it is very expensive, its not a template i would suggest for someone just starting out

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It depends on 2 things.
1) Do you have the IRL or in game cash to spend
2) Do you have anyone helping you out

If yes to both then a sampire is an easy character to setup as you can get powerscrolls and equipment easily and training the rest of the way will be relatively fast.

If no to both then a tamer would be a better choice. This is because a tamer requires less cash all around for high end encounters. Powerscrolls are 3 million for taming and 9 million for either
the swordsmanship scroll alone.

Equipment for a tamer is basically 2 +15 jewels to control greater dragons(lore is easy to raise). While equipment for a sampire can be pretty expensive 3 million + for imbuing ingredients alone for a good suit.

A sampire can solo many things that a tamer cannot and vice versa. Specifically tamer's have a very tough time with creatures that change targets due to movement or if the tamer gets hit. Sampires have a hard time specifically with blood oath and creatures with similar abilities.

In the end getting a tamer to 90 takes A LOT longer than a sampire.

My suggestion if you have at least 1 soulstone and some in game cash- Taming, Discord, Provocation, imbuing, and fishing. IMHO these are the hardest skills to get to 90

Builds for a tamer include 120 Taming/Lore/Vet automatically and then:
100 magery/eval int/med 60 chiv(remove curse) - Mage
100 magery 120 peace(or discord)/music - Bard
100 magery/lockpicking/cart 60 chiv - Thunter

Sampire is pretty much 120weapon/parry(or bush) 100 necro 80+chiv and then some combo of resist/tactics/anat/bush(or parry)