• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Comeback with sampire

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have nothing more to say on this. Obviously you want to misunderstand me.
Ofcause you have nothing more to say, you know im right.
I said you were wrong, and @BeaIank was kind to Provided numbers to prove, that your statement was somewhat true for demon spawn, but not for spawns in general.
If you do demon spawn in iish, then your statement dosent hold water.
I still hold my claim that 45 hci is needed todo spawns in general fel/iish/tokuno/eodon, and the template u use dosent really matter (warrior related). How u get max hci is kinda irrelevant
EG city bonus/casting DF/or having it avaiable on your suit, u still want it max at some point.
But i think this thread has gone way off track.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
*Wonders if I'm the only person who has been playing since before reforging/cameos/Divine Fury reliance/town bonus for probably 6+ years that easily got max HCI/DCI/DI & SSI on every suit with no issues.*

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Is this character still OK? What new stuff I should take?
I read something about skill masteries. What kind of mastery I should take?
Any new "must have" items for sampire?
Anything other I should know about Sampires nowadays?

Thanks for advice
Depends how bothered you are about spending a ton of time rebuilding skills/suit for very minimal difference. I'd ask yourself first if you're actually going to try and solo any new stuff, or are you doing it in a group. If you're in a group save your time/effort/money.

New stuff to consider:
Swords mastery for Onslaught (all others for dexxers suck), you need to make 100% elemental weapons, which combined with Onslaught lower the targets resist in that element by 20. So obviously you have to make lots of weapons for individual circumstances, and this is best used in conjunction with Double Strike.

You can get 55 LMC with non med armour.

You can use armour refinements to make your suit cap with all 75's resists and 20 DCI.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw. Cameos are overrated
I disagree. Being able to not imbue a slayer on your weapon really opens up possibilities on not only your weapons, but your armor (ie- you can imbue HLD on your weapon instead of having it on Mace and Shields)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Wonders if I'm the only person who has been playing since before reforging/cameos/Divine Fury reliance/town bonus for probably 6+ years that easily got max HCI/DCI/DI & SSI on every suit with no issues.*
No, I have been as well.

The only reason I have Chiv on my templates (and I took it off one of my sampires) is for creatures that have no slayer.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exacly the answer i was expecting to get.
It just proves my point that u will want 45 hci avaiable to you at the spawn when needed. in this case the turtle spawn.
If that makes you feel better- go with it. It doesn't PROVE anything.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that makes you feel better- go with it. It doesn't PROVE anything.
His answer did make me feel sad, because i had to trick it out of him.
But please explain how it didn't prove my point ?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly the itemfication of UO has gotten way out of hand. They should have stopped with imbuing, but that is just my opinion.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like there is also Fey Slayer option ow on imbuing. Any other new ones?
Any links where I can get idea of imbuing again... Like How and when to apply cures and sours. Also when to enchnat. When to add powder of fortification.. how to make "over weight" HLL weapons.. links thanks :)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Seems like there is also Fey Slayer option ow on imbuing. Any other new ones?
Any links where I can get idea of imbuing again... Like How and when to apply cures and sours. Also when to enchnat. When to add powder of fortification.. how to make "over weight" HLL weapons.. links thanks :)
No other new ones.

The order you do things in (if you're doing them all) is craft base pieces - Reforge - POF - Imbue - Enhance - Refine. For weapons there's a huge range on durability from like 30-120 so you can save yourself a POF or two for the cost of a few more ingots.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree. Being able to not imbue a slayer on your weapon really opens up possibilities on not only your weapons, but your armor (ie- you can imbue HLD on your weapon instead of having it on Mace and Shields)
I agree cameos are good but i think not that good for how much they go for. A full set of cameos will cost hundrets of millions. And they have durability and as far as i know they are not pof-able.

For maxing out everything they might be the best talismans ingame but in my opinion a very bad cost benefit ratio.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A full set of cameos costs less then one top quality item.
View attachment 49603 View attachment 49604
Thats probably true. But I'm no friend of these uber legendaries that cost billions of gold either. The cost benefit ratio is even worse there. What do i want to kill to get my investment back that i cannot kill with a solid crafted suit.

Looking at my current gear even this one was too expensive but legendaries and cameos would burn my gold in no time.

For people who have that much gold that even billions are of little interest. Then its ok for me. Maxing out everything and see what happens. Why not. Its just a game.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Price is relative - the same price for someone is high, for another is low. People who have billions probably earn them doing events, idocs, etc.
And even your suit is good you don't reject better one. For example, if skill cap would be increased to 840 no one stays with 720 saying it's enough.

"Standard" suit is enough for doing spawns and most popular bosses but it is not enough for comfortable solo'ing every boss in the game.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hellos now I got second problem... I set my dex go down and str up.. after week of playing there is ZERO change!! Why stats does not change anymore?

Is there something new on new publishes that I do not know.

Ps. (All my skills are locked)

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
you have to gain in a skill to gain in stats.
use this list as a reference Stats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
You don't have to gain or move skill points (see saw) in order to gain stats. They changed that some time ago because people at 120 didn't want to have to move skill points.

The easiest way I find to do stats is:

Be/get to the skill cap (even if you buy other skills you do not need, it costs few gp, except the skills below).
Then lock all skills.
For Str, point Arms Lore up (which should be at 0), and macro Use Skill, Wait For Target, Last Target on any armour/weapon. Some people say Mining, but I maintain this is simpler and less effort than running around mountains with pick axes. Can be done anywhere.
For Dex, point Music up (which should be at 0), and spam Last Object with an instrument. Can be done anywhere.
For Int, point Med and/or Focus up and dump your mana/kill your stamina, you can do this by picking up something to heavy on the cursor and turning on the spot while hitting Last Spell. Can be done anywhere.

I don't think it has ever taken more than 10-20 minutes to fully adjust the stats of any character.