• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Come on DEV'S where is the defense talisman

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One gives +10anat the other gives +10tactics so they are quiet different. Why should they come with dci? Its like your asking for "a slither with 10hci"... So that doesnt make any sense.

Best thing to do is to benefit from the hci and fit ur dci somewhere else on the suit.

johny3cans

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i did not mean have both hit and defense on same talisman. i ask why there was not a talismans with same stats but have defense instead of hit chance.
Best thing to do is to benefit from the hci and fit ur dci somewhere else on the suit.
umm why not do that with hit chance.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I like the idea of something with Parry and Defense Chance Increase.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have 2 spring clean up talismans for the warrior Soldier's Medal and Duelist's Edge both with hit chance. why is there no talismans with same stats but with defense chance increase?
Mana Phasing Orb can have a warrior friendly set of stats, with DCI, and are fairly easy to get. Mana regen, +15% DI, +5 DCI.

That may not be the point, but...

johny3cans

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i have the orb but it may sound pointless to some but i like the extra 5% damage bonus. with no weapon in hand my damage bonus is 75 with orb. id like it 80 and still be 45hci 60dci without orb drops my dci to 55. sorry i am just set in my ways is all

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
i have the orb but it may sound pointless to some but i like the extra 5% damage bonus. with no weapon in hand my damage bonus is 75 with orb. id like it 80 and still be 45hci 60dci without orb drops my dci to 55. sorry i am just set in my ways is all
No reason to be sorry, some people are just quick to try and shoot down ideas.

There's no real reason to not have a turn-in talisman with dci.

Only guessing but perhaps they thought dci was common in other non essential items, and wanted to balance it out?

Either way, I'm for the idea.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
does refinements work to change cap?
Swing and a miss.

I see what you tried to do there, but it doesn't apply in the context in which we are speaking of.

Adding a DCI talisman similar to the HCI doesn't affect caps.

Since refinements are already in place and cap is attainable (clearly) it still makes your argument irrelevant.

Solid try though.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you mocking the original poster for asking about DCI talismans?
Not at all im trying to explain to @johny3cans that it is completely useless to look for the same stats with DCI, he could have asked for dci with parry for example, or magery with sdi i dont care... but it really looks like the guy was holding the calculator in his hand and went omg! I need dci on this item lets make a post on stratics!

Needing exactly 10tactics with 5dci or 10anatomy with 5dci is the biggest problem!

Next times hes gona go!
I need boots with 4 strength, Captain johns hat with 20archery or +2damage eater earings depending on what his suit is missing

There was a post where someone was very serious about having a toilet item to put in his house! How on earth would that ever improve anything in UO!?

The devs know exactly what they are doing. The game is pretty much balanced as it & each template has pretty much a counter in this game. We can find a 1000 alternative to fit 5dci on a suit.

End of discussion

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not at all im trying to explain to @johny3cans that it is completely useless to look for the same stats with DCI, he could have asked for dci with parry for example, or magery with sdi i dont care... but it really looks like the guy was holding the calculator in his hand and went omg! I need dci on this item lets make a post on stratics!

Needing exactly 10tactics with 5dci or 10anatomy with 5dci is the biggest problem!

Next times hes gona go!
I need boots with 4 strength, Captain johns hat with 20archery or +2damage eater earings depending on what his suit is missing

There was a post where someone was very serious about having a toilet item to put in his house! How on earth would that ever improve anything in UO!?

The devs know exactly what they are doing. The game is pretty much balanced as it & each template has pretty much a counter in this game. We can find a 1000 alternative to fit 5dci on a suit.

End of discussion
Except this isn't "next time" and he didn't ask for those things.

He asked about existing items with DCI instead of hci.

Aside from this, if they know what they're doing then we don't need requests like vendor fee earrings. Right?

Pot meet kettle.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Swing and a miss.

I see what you tried to do there, but it doesn't apply in the context in which we are speaking of.

Adding a DCI talisman similar to the HCI doesn't affect caps.

Since refinements are already in place and cap is attainable (clearly) it still makes your argument irrelevant.

Solid try though.
I love running around with 70 def. maybe I can go to 75 def, sweet. its a home run lol all fun

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Bringing a clean up tali with DCI would just kill the slither, thats why theres no 10 DCI tali...........
Read the thread.

He asked for two specific items with 5 DCI instead of hci.

Gandalf misunderstood the original request.

Your statement is similar to saying the mana phasing orb with 5 DCI is killing the slither.

The totem if the tribe also offers 5
DCI and 5 hci which didn't affect the slither either.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read your first reply and then explain why you didn't understand.

It's a straw man argument.
U totally misunderstood what i said, "its like your asking for a 10hci slither" was just an example of giving alternative mods very specific item already presented in the game.

Like having a hunter headdress with 10tactics, or a hephaestus shield with 10wresling... bull****

So I did not mention that the guy is asking for 10hci +10tact/anat, and i totally understand whats been said in this thread.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
U totally misunderstood what i said, "its like your asking for a 10hci slither" was just an example of giving alternative mods very specific item already presented in the game.

Like having a hunter headdress with 10tactics, or a hephaestus shield with 10wresling... bull****

So I did not mention that the guy is asking for 10hci +10tact/anat, and i totally understand whats been said in this thread.
Nothing was misunderstood, you made a bad comparison.

He was specific in his examples, so it is not like he was asking for a 10 hci slither.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing was misunderstood, you made a bad comparison.

He was specific in his examples, so it is not like he was asking for a 10 hci slither.
Shhh i have no time for you and ur useless posts, keep moaning... ignored.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Shhh i have no time for you and ur useless posts, keep moaning... ignored.
At least you have finally recognized you have been wrong.

and please do put me on ignore.

This way I won't have to keep explaining to you why you're wrong.

Last edited:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Me and Gand understood perfectly and we still stand by what we say.

There is no 10 DCI clean up talisman as it has the same property of 10 DCI, that a slither has and it would render a 100m+ item useless if any anyone can just get a 10DCI New tali if It ever came out which I doubt....

Slither is one of the rarest/hardest to obtain, bringing a clean up one makes no sense unless you looking for an Easy button to play....

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Me and Gand understood perfectly and we still stand by what we say.

There is no 10 DCI clean up talisman as it has the same property of 10 DCI, that a slither has and it would render a 100m+ item useless if any anyone can just get a 10DCI New tali if It ever came out which I doubt....

Slither is one of the rarest/hardest to obtain, bringing a clean up one makes no sense unless you looking for an Easy button to play....
Please do some research and read the thread again.

Then come tell me what you think.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
@OREOGL

Read the Thread title.....
Read the 1st post... ``We have 2 spring clean up talismans for the warrior Soldier's Medal and Duelist's Edge both with hit chance. why is there no talismans with same stats but with defense chance increase?´´

He is clearly asking for a Slither mod like tali...... A tali with 10DCI regardless if they put on a 10 anat or tactic also on it.

Know lets say they made it, (Ex: Warriors Courage Tali - 10DCI, 10 Tactics, 2 SR/MR)
That tali would be in the 500k clean up points, so it means when it goes to market it will cost 7-12m on a vendor not being in ATL (Atl is not good to compare prices)
A lot less than a slither that costs 100M+, so why would then anyone want to have a slither, it would make it useless and too costly.

I dont think this is hard to understand, I think they only people who dont understand this is because they want to get a cheap slither if the new tali was to come out or other hidden motives.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@OREOGL

Read the Thread title.....
Read the 1st post... ``We have 2 spring clean up talismans for the warrior Soldier's Medal and Duelist's Edge both with hit chance. why is there no talismans with same stats but with defense chance increase?´´

He is clearly asking for a Slither mod like tali...... A tali with 10DCI regardless if they put on a 10 anat or tactic also on it.

Know lets say they made it, (Ex: Warriors Courage Tali - 10DCI, 10 Tactics, 2 SR/MR)
That tali would be in the 500k clean up points, so it means when it goes to market it will cost 7-12m on a vendor not being in ATL (Atl is not good to compare prices)
A lot less than a slither that costs 100M+, so why would then anyone want to have a slither, it would make it useless and too costly.

I dont think this is hard to understand, I think they only people who dont understand this is because they want to get a cheap slither if the new tali was to come out or other hidden motives.

This would have been true if he had only asked "why is there no talismans with same stats but with defense chance increase."

However, he references two specific talismans. So the second line references the first.

Both talismans are currently 5 hci.

Aside from this you're making the leap that he wants all these other talismans in the cleanup.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no reason why there can't be a 5 DCI (yes 5 not 10) version of soldiers medal / duelists edge.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhmm... While the dci is "meh" on the slither, it is the 10hps that make it unique tbh. Least on PVPers suits. Not sure with PVMers. So having a +eval with DCI or +magery with DCI isn't going to hurt that...

With all these stronger items coming out, what they need to do is "Buff" the never used tallys.

The my book library tally? 7 total mana? Maybe add a random mage skill or MR/LMC

The treatise of alchemy? Maybe bump the + magery up, or add another +5 skill, or add 10 more ep

Talking to wisp? 3 eval and 5 spirit speak? Add more skill or MR/lmc/dci...

Life of traveling minstrel? +5 Provo & music? Add me/lmc/int/mana/etc...

Bloodwood spirit? Frostguard? Jade snake head? Totem of the void?

I mean come on. Small updates to all of these could make a world of difference.

.02 cents

Last edited: