• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Combat Tug of War

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
A Combat "Tug of War" Tournament will be held over the next week or more starting between Saturday, July 20th and Monday July 22nd (Depending on team availability and registrations). The objective is to drag the rope to your base despite the opposing team who will fight to stop you, and any other obstacles in the way. Elimination matches will be held until only the winning team remains.​
Each town Governor is asked to assemble a team of up to four members to represent their town. Additional teams may chose other towns to represent. Other towns include but are not limited to: Cove, NuJelm, Serpent's Hold, Wind, Buc's Den, Delucia, Papau, Mistas, Montor, Lenshire, Luna, Umbra, Zento, Ter-Mur, your favorite player run town, etc.​
Team Leaders: Please post below or e-mail me at [email protected] to register your team town and member names, and also what evening(s) your team is available at 8pm eastern, or weekend days at 10am eastern, 2pm eastern, 6pm eastern so that the schedule can be arranged. Matches are expected to last an hour or more.​

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds cool but also sounds like short notice. Or am I reading it wrong?

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
It is - but it isn't. The contests will start when the first two teams are ready to go. Notice came later than I wanted due to a glitch with my Stratics Account.

Please be advised that this will be vaguely like a "Bag-ball" match - but with a larger field, obstacles, some monsters (and healers) and the OK to kill your opponents. At times - both teams may even want to work together on the overall progress.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are spectators welcomed?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Certainly - though given the field, obstacles and monsters it may be difficult. All I ask is that you try to stay out of the way of the participants due to the "push through" blocking.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since I have no interest in fighting people who don´t respect the EA rules I´ll probably pass on this event...

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
To date - only one. If no more register by 7/28, then the event will be cancelled.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to be a ninny our anything but this event is not only very vague but it seems to be oriented towards only 1 of the many styles of players Siege has. We all appreciate what you are shooting for and maybe some more info on the event would help get more people registered. But please keep in mind, we are not all here for pvp based reasons. Good luck and I hope this event pans out because I look forward to watching.

Heavenless

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
it seems to be oriented towards only 1 of the many styles of players Siege has
First time I've seen an event orientated towards pvp & pvm, the majority have been lame scavenger hunts or overpowered bosses that one shot.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First time I've seen an event orientated towards pvp & pvm, the majority have been lame scavenger hunts or overpowered bosses that one shot.
Sorry, this is my first Siege EM event, guess I am just bummed I can't be part of it. I really do hope it turns out well. I also wish we had more info.

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Sadly, if I give out more information prior to the event, then it would spoil the event.

As we only have one team that registered, the event is hereby cancelled. Announcements of the next event will be coming soon.