• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) COM; Evil Backstabbers, or Just Like to Play?

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, for the pvpers out there, last night, Quantum Realm took a Harry in Despise from Minax, which isn't a big surprise, as Minax sucks (excepting those with some skill and considerable amounts of "help" via some programs that can't be mentioned). Anyway, once a few COM got on, we killed the Quantum Realm people and got a majority of the scrolls. This did not go over well with the good folks in Quantum Realm, as can be imagined.

They called us backstabbers.

They called us jerks.

They called us some names that I didn't even know the meaning of.

From our point of view, we generally did it for two reasons:

1) We like to fight
2) There has been a bit of tension lately between COM and Quantum Realm over "kill stealing". Well, more "stat stealing". See, it's pretty frustrating when COM is fighting Minax and we, with some help from Quantum Realm sometimes, gets a Minax low, and a Quantum Realm member flamestrikes for the kill. See, when that happens, the Minax is not in stat. Since geneerally the Minax is attacking the COM person, the Quantum Realm member can pull-off the bigger damage spells. Anyway, since COM is outnumbered by a considerable amount 95% of the time, no stat is, well, no good.

I know that you guys probably hate us right now, and most of us are probably OK with that, but I just wanted to let you know that in most cases (or some, anyway) there was no real malice involved.

If nothing else, the Yew Gate dynamics should be interesting for a while :)

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from what ive been reading on generial chat alot of people has been backstabbing or not even talking to each other as friends even i have been ingnored alot in game and ts its a shame how weve all turned out over a game now you can never tell exactly who or who isnt your friends

what a shame :(

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems to me that this whole issue is because one single person in the COM faction, and we all know who it is, got his panties in a wad. Let's take a look at the facts:

1. The realm guild doesn't attack the blue minax, only the reds... and occationally a grey. That leaves a whole lot of blue minaxians for COM to kill with no interferance from the Realm. Plenty of opportunity for faction kill points and stat there. In addition, when the Realm crew does kill the Minax, they usually come right back to the fight giving COM another shot at them.

2. When the Realm does attack, they are typically focused on only one or two of the Minax at a time. In no way are they sitting around waiting for COM to get a minax low so they can swoop in for a quick kill shot. There is far too much running around at the yew gate area for that to even be feasible.

3. Several of the Realm members have COM (or TB) characters, but choose to pvp most of the time on Realm characters because its few and far between that more than one or two COM show up. If you want to know why you were called backstabbers, you have no need to look any further than killing people who are part of your guild or faction simply because they are on a different character.

Personally I find it hard to believe that the Realm is able to so significantly influence the outcome of COM fighting Minax. Most of the COM I have spoken too seem to have little to no issue with the Realm crew killing Minax.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3. Several of the Realm members have COM (or TB) characters, but choose to pvp most of the time on Realm characters because its few and far between that more than one or two COM show up. If you want to know why you were called backstabbers, you have no need to look any further than killing people who are part of your guild or faction simply because they are on a different character.

Personally I find it hard to believe that the Realm is able to so significantly influence the outcome of COM fighting Minax. Most of the COM I have spoken too seem to have little to no issue with the Realm crew killing Minax.
Realm never pursued the whole faction thing for various reasons that no COM player can or does understand. There was and is no specific dislike for that style of play but we COM just do not enjoy the whole hide on blue chars and eat pardons (it's a t-dog play style with no class).

The Harry incident was a fortune of good timing more then anything else, Min lost it to a collection of blues and we just happened to cross upon this while a few of us logged in. If someone is to take blame for this whole event it should be minax as if they could defend a harry then we would have spent the hour fighting to gain it but min can't, bummer for you.

I suspect that there will be little impact upon the whole field. Min has really been able to defend a spawn unless there are bagballs/15 chars/hand of god and COM is slightly tired of taking them, but we will all the same. Realm will continue to attack reds at the gate and if it is a issue to COM playing reds we will just have to revert to using such chars for a raid, solved. I don't know if Realm does spawn as you had access to our vent but decided to not use it so how could we know what all you are planning.

If Realm was such a active part of COM I would suspect that I would have seen these chars at some point but I have not. If they have chars in TB then that is not COM leaving the only option being that they must be killed or COM is risking being placed in stat.

We wish you all well and look forward to seeing you on the field.

C

Cloak&Dagger

1.(paraphrased)In addition, when the Realm crew does kill the Minax, they usually come right back to the fight giving COM another shot at them.
The whole problem IS them being able to come back to the fight, the problem has nothing to do with killing them or points, but the fact that when non-faction people kill them they res up and come back to stat CoM.

Look at it this way, 5 Minax vs 3 CoM and 1 qr player. 5 minax attacking 1 of the CoM players, CoM players manage to get 1 Min low and qr kills that person, now 4 Min attacking 1 CoM and the dead Min res comes back and is able to attack that one CoM, for the sake of this explaination lets say that one Min comes back at the most opportune time and the CoM player is low, so the now non-stat Min comes in and hits the CoM putting them in stat. Now it is 5 Min 2 CoM and 1 QR.

CoM ends up down 1 person, while Min keeps resing due to not being put in stat. This could be an endless cycle.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just for a little fun last night the Realm took a sideline seat at the Yew gate last night. We wanted to see just how the battle went while we watched. Minax were there... COM were there... COM bit the dust. We took some joy in watching a few of them fall... others it was hard. It's not fun watching a friend fight and die while you stand by.

@Cloak - the scenario you suggest may happen, but its very rare. More often than not, when the realm takes down a Minax, it gives the COM that extra minute or so to finish killing whoever they were fighting without ending up in stat themselves. In my experience the COM focus on fighting the blue minax while the realm occupies the red minax... when this happens, COM usually comes out ahead. When we sit out... well we saw that last night.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is not 100% accurate for last night. CoM was at the gate after finding Min trying to do a champ. We took the champ after killing the min and a few of their blue tag along friends. After this we then went to the gate where Min managed to get a few extra players, one of us died and we called it time to back up as now it was 3 vs 6-7. It was far from a slaughter, unlike the raid, but more of a simple strategic break.

I'd love it if you all joined TB and then we could have some really good times...come on and do it please?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please don't join TB com, I just xferred over and I have another friend coming soon.

So far every time I've logged in to napa there are either 3 CoM or 6 minax running around.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those realm guys won't join TB and the CoM guild isn't switching.