• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion/Request Column Support

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Please add column support (Template: Div Col) to the wiki for super long lists to be broken into multiple columns.
Would make building such pages so much easier. Will refrain until done.

See this page for "sample" issue (super long lists are tedious to read like this)
Historical Staff - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Please add column support (Template: Div Col) to the wiki for super long lists to be broken into multiple columns.
Would make building such pages so much easier. Will refrain until done.

See this page for "sample" issue (super long lists are tedious to read like this)
Historical Staff - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics
The functionality is already there, it's the formatting you missed. I set those lists up into 3 columns to provide an example.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So the system is using standard HTML and NOT wiki markup?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The change is good. I was using what is now the "old skool" method as seen right before that formatting - specific to colums not lists - which is why I was asking for the templates.
Besides, that is what wiki-markup is.

Using CSS is fine. Just figured since you guys are using wikimedia, you'd be using wikimarkup languages.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The change is good. I was using what is now the "old skool" method as seen right before that formatting - specific to colums not lists - which is why I was asking for the templates.
Besides, that is what wiki-markup is.

Using CSS is fine. Just figured since you guys are using wikimedia, you'd be using wikimarkup languages.
Trust me the first time I tried to make a columned list I thought the same and tried the same way, apparently the Mediawiki foundation decided the standard HTML way of doing it was a better way. I don't mind having less specialized markup being used as the standard since the less of it there is the easier it is for people to adapt to using it.