• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] Color Wood Area Chart?

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone got some general guides on where to chop for best chance at certain colored woods?

:heart: Pandy

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The best place to chop for colored wood is the place where the last time you got colored wood.
A tree usually retains its color but there are some probability that it changes its color. So a map that was made a month ago is probably outdated now.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well my goal is Heartwood... I just don't know where to get it. I've seen nothing but oak, ash, yew... once or twice I've seen Bloodwood, NEVER seen Heartwood or Frostwood. So I figured there has to be an area that is more conducive to yield the higher end woods. I am GM LJ too, so I should be able to get all of them.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard? I used to know a place that spawned bloodwood that you could get 350-400 logs from with a fast respawn.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wood colours/quality is totally random nowadays. Basicly no area has guaranteed more colours of one kind than others. Besides that you maybe could use a tree stump (7'th year vet reward) to get rare woods in smaller numbers or work on the void pool (cove 2) to get the tools for coloured woods.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Well, really you can create your own wood map.

Select an area with a lot of trees.
Gather all wood from this area marking places with colored wood.

From this point you can recall between marked spots and gather wood. Usually spots will get you the same color but in some spots color will differ. Just remove those runes from your library. If you repeat this over and over than you will eventually find that you have already removed a significant part of your library. At this moment you can make a decision to setup new library (by gathering all wood on the same area).