• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Trading] Collection of Wines

Manfred

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hail Rares Collectors,

I have been collecting rare wines since I was lucky enough to participate in a dart tourney in Skara Brae one afternoon. I threw decent that day and was awarded two bottles of yew wine and a bottle of Sapewin Specialty Wine. The grand prize was an animated clock, it was a neat event and I had a lot of fun and I had acquired my first real rares! After that I was hooked and I started buying rare spirits whenever I could. A few years later a wonderful friend of mine, Heavens Angel, was out IDOCing and snagged the 3 connected bottles of Sapewin! She gave them to me as a gift as she know my love of wines. I have not been buying and selling rares for awhile and some of the bottles I collected I know more about than others and since I recently saw a bottle of Yew go for 75 million I figured it might be a good idea to talk to some experts about these bottles.

Here is my collection so far:

A Bottle of Yew wine x 2
A Bottle of Sapewin Specialty wine
(3 connected) bottles of Sapewin Specialty Wine
(4 Connected) Bottles of Liquor
Rotgut Wine
Spiced Wintermoor Wine
A Bottle of Serpents Cross Lager
Crodens Finest Grape Wine
Golden Brew Taverns Finest Single Malt
Origin's Ale of The Ages
Napa Valleys Finest Holiday Ale
Legends Lighthouse Lager
Catskills Frostfine Ale
Equinox Wine (teal color bottle)
Captain Morgan's Rum x 2
Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
Serpents Cross Saffron Liqueur
Explosive Fire Ant Liquor x 2
Mistas Cider
Lemon-Lime
Sasparilla
Avery's Special Adieu Brew
Santas Sour Milk left out from last christmas(catskills 2010)
Spiced Eggnog
Buttery Eggnog
A Bottle of Eggnog (can't be locked down except in a box.)
A Bottle of Wine (purple)

I would think some of these the prices have gone up even more than the Yew wine. I know that the Fire ant liquor only 10 dropped and that is quite a bit less than the Yew. Anyway, the main point of my post, I have an extra Yew Wine, an extra Fire Ant Liquor and an extra Captain Morgans and I would love to trade them for other rare bottles. Of those three could anyone give me a Price Check to help me avoid getting taken in a trade? Also do any of you have any rare bottles, that I don't have yet, that you would like to sell or trade for?

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
That's a nice little collection you have going there. You don't see many rare bottles of wine/ale/liquor as often as you used to in the past so there could be some ups/downs to pricing of these. I know @Assia Penryn tried selling a bottle of the fire ant liquor for 750m a few months ago but got not even a "sip" of that price. If i was to put a price on it you could probably find a buyer closer to the 300m - 500m range. The Capt. Morgan rum is 25m + and the silver spiced rum is 50m+. Finally, the Yew wine still goes for 75m - 125m. I know @Angel Dust could also help out here as well with some pricing. I'll go back and look at my doubles and see if there is anything worth offering to ya for one of your Fire Ant bottles but i don't think i have anything left that high end for a straight up trade. I'll let ya know what i got and maybe we can work out a trade and gold or something. Till then i msg ya i hope this helps you out for now.

Manfred

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks so much everyone. Wow on the fire ant Liquor! At those prices I think I might put one up for bidding just to fund some new gear or rares purchases. I've never had that kinda money and I've always considered myself fairly well off in game. These are all on display on Pacific. First house east of the Zento moongate 2nd floor.

I'm going to redo my bar to consolidate the display area soon. What would you all make sure is on the top shelf?

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks so much everyone. Wow on the fire ant Liquor! At those prices I think I might put one up for bidding just to fund some new gear or rares purchases. I've never had that kinda money and I've always considered myself fairly well off in game. These are all on display on Pacific. First house east of the Zento moongate 2nd floor.

I'm going to redo my bar to consolidate the display area soon. What would you all make sure is on the top shelf?
I would say add the better ones or darker colored ones on top. How are you making the shelves? I use double stacked display cases to make shelves for all bottles and jugs. looks good, and you can make them any color you want.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonderful collection. If you ever want to sell I am missing 3 in your collection:

Sapwine Specialy wine
Sapwne Specialty wine 3 connedted
spice wintermoor wine

Manfred

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks so much Manticore, it sure has been a lot of fun collecting them over the years. I might have three you don't have but I bet you have a ton I'm missing. Let me know if you've got any doubles of ones I need. I want to make a list of bottles I need to be on the look out for but I'm not even sure where to start. Some of the early stuff isn't that easy to look up.

Angel: I'm going to have to play with some stuff, its been awhile since I redid the deco and right now they are all on Custom house bar tiles. I'm thinking I'd like to make something with a long sit down bar but with the bottles along the wall in tiers behind the bar tender. I was thinking I might have to put it together with stacks of dyed cloth like the old school fish tanks. I will certainly look into stacking the display cases, thanks for the tip.

Dregg, I won't do anything with the fire ant liquor until I hear back from you. Thanks for checking your collection.

Manfred

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the link Kolka!

What a list! Great work Angel Dust. I can see I've got a lot left to collect.

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got an offer of 450m for the fire ant liquor, but at the time I was only selling at my listed price. I don't remember who it was who ICQ'd me, but perhaps they'll see this and offer you the same.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dregg, I won't do anything with the fire ant liquor until I hear back from you. Thanks for checking your collection.

I thought I had some extra bottles from past trades but it seems I must have used them at some point with someone else since all that is left in my backup box is the bottles you get from pirate loot. I will look over my collection I have out and see if there happens to be anything double it does not look promising. Depending on how some of these auctions go this week I would still be interested in purchasing one of the bottles. If anything changes I will let you know.