• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cog question?

L

Loopy Moe 27

Hi everyone. I have two toontasks that require 800 cogs and 700 cogs. One has a 3 point laff boost, and the other is a one point laff boost. Those four laff points will put me at exactly 100 laff. So i was wondering, where would be the best place(s) to find 800 cogs with the least amount of "other" (puzzles, etc.) interference? Advice please and thanks in advance!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buildings, I think. Though if I had those tasks, I'd VP, then fac my merits back, VP and etc til I finished the quests :)

S

Sarcatstic

This is so scary! I agree with Trish!:lick:

Wear out that factory and vps!

L

Loopy Moe 27

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll start with the beanfest tonight.....

G

Granjell

Yikes, Moe! You'll be living in the sell hq and max it before too long! Good Luck with that!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I took that same task on a toon and will look for it again! I finished it by working sell and cash and gag training in bldgs. It took really no time at all. Much better than those types of tasks that make you go from one shop to the other for a boost. At least you can accomplish something "real" while you get your cogs!! Good luck!!

L

Little Sadie

I had one of those tasks on Sadie a long time ago for laff. I just worked bullions and CFOed afterwards. I got through it pretty fast and leveled up too. I would think it would go a lot faster then buildings. If you need to max your gags you could mix it up between what I suggested and buildings.

I also made the mistake of choosing 900 cogs for a clothing ticket. Little did I realize that the cogs had to be in Dreamland and I was almost done there! I ended up having to do buildings which kept me in DDL for an extra week. It was a nightmare.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also made the mistake of choosing 900 cogs for a clothing ticket. Little did I realize that the cogs had to be in Dreamland and I was almost done there! I ended up having to do buildings which kept me in DDL for an extra week. It was a nightmare.
My task was worse I had to do one thousand cogs in dreamland for clothing ticket. That task took forever.:lick:

L

Little Sadie

My task was worse I had to do one thousand cogs in dreamland for clothing ticket. That task took forever.:lick:

Maybe mine was 1000 too. I picked that for the dumbest reason too. I had a non sf back then and he was helping me do bullions. I had the 35 bullions for a bigger bag of gags. Well, at the end when you dance, the task I was doing never showed as it doesn't add that bullion on til you get out. My non sf never could never see how many I had left. I had no other tasks for cogs to be counted so I could never let him know how many I had left. Poor duck would always ask One more? Little did he know I had over 30 left to go. So I got this great idea to grab another task and work it along side the bullion task so that he could see at the end both my tasks. I took the cogs for clothing ticket and felt pretty proud of myself for being such a quick wit. Little did I realize that it was for cogs in DDL and that didnt show up either at the end of the mint! I couldn't believe I chose that stupid task only to show him and then it didn't even apply to any cogs but DDL. Now I read tasks over and over before taking it. LOL!

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to try not to confuse like i normally do. At the time you have to pick your last 4 or 5 tasks usually in the 90 laff or higher range. I have spent up to a hour just picking those last four or so tasks.

I go to every pg and look first unless i run into one too easy to pass up. As soon as you pick a task it resets all the pgs again. So I may end up going to some hqs 3 and 4 times. I like to try and pick either sell or cash and numbers.

I've done this 8 times now and im not telling how many bad choices I made at first.

For me a perfect 4 task would be 500 sell, 600 sell , 800 cogs and 1,000 cogs.
But i like to do sell first.

The point im making is don't get in a hurry! Time wasted looking and looking for just the right tasks will pay off in alot less time doing tasks:sleep2:
For one of my toons I learned a trick from doing six dollar mints. I had 80 laff and got done with cashbot suit part. I am slowing working on that toon. I mostly been vp with him. Major Bingo has for tracks maxed. I am 91 laff. I shopped around to much lol. I went everywhere in toontown.

C

Crazy Fireball

I'd say, work gags in buildings, work VP and CFO, You'll get it someday!