• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cog Golf Etiquette Question?

G

Granjell

This is a new one I just heard this morning... If you have three fogs you don't have to play the ball game that restocks gags? At least the purple bunny said he chose not to play because he had three fogs. So I said, "well, someone has to play." It seems to me that if you don't play, you are kind of slacking? Am I wrong?

S

Squeaker

When I'm with friends, I don't usually golf if I don't need fogs. When I'm with randoms, I play until they start saying they don't have any. Then I pass and watch them. If time is running low - I will step in and finish it up. It gives them a better chance of refilling their fogs too, in my opinion. I could be wrong - not the first time :D

G

Granjell

I guess I thought that when one toon solved a puzzle, everyone got a gag, so everyone should play to give the best chance for the younger toons to get more gags. Do you get a better gag if you yourself solve the puzzle? Has anyone tried to figure it all out? We ended up with the black screen of death and I had to log out anyway..#(

But what do I know, I almost never cog golf....

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, the though of not playing never even occured to me. I love Bust-A-Move. lol

I'd love to hear more about how it works. and whoever can answer it is going to get recruited to do a guide :p

S

Squeaker

I learned that from those smarter than me (didn't really narrow that down much!) back when Squeaker was running boss. If you watch when you win a puzzle - it will tell you what gag you just won. Alternatively, it just tells you that someone else finished a puzzle. I know speed has a lot do with it - how quickly you finish the puzzle - the bigger the gag.

Also, as far as what gags you bring in - that is also up in the air. I rarely run out of fog in there so this is what I use (or close to it). All of my level 6's, 2 each of the level 5's, except full elephant, and 1 or 2 each of the level 4's, but carrying up to 7 or 8 aoogahs. The rest are just filled in as usual for a max of 60 gags. I'm not saying I'm right - that's just how I do it and it seems to work well for me.

C

Crazy Fireball

Well I Think he was just being lazy Marge, thats what i think.
I Had to do most of the work 'because he was to lazy'

If someone does that, say i dont like that, you should help.

S

soupandquackers

I get mad when someone doesnt help. I may have 2 or 3 fogs but i always help. The other toons will get twice as many bad gags if you dont play,espicially the back9.

G

Granjell

Here's another thing: wouldn't it be better to wait until all toons are at entrance to maze or edge of green before starting timers on them? The mole stomp is no big deal, but you lose laff if the timer runs out on either the maze or the Bust a Move (Thanks for the name, Trish!) I mean, it seems kinda rude to get going without everyone having a chance at the things. But I have seen toons who just run right on and don't wait, or God Forbid, try to glitch the maze and fly through!!! What are people thinking when they do that?

I blame Wall Street!

F

Fangs McWolf

This is a new one I just heard this morning... If you have three fogs you don't have to play the ball game that restocks gags? At least the purple bunny said he chose not to play because he had three fogs. So I said, "well, someone has to play." It seems to me that if you don't play, you are kind of slacking? Am I wrong?
Haven't heard of that excuse although there are times when I'll skip the golfing on a floor or two. Read below.

Well I Think he was just being lazy Marge, thats what i think.
I Had to do most of the work 'because he was to lazy'

If someone does that, say i dont like that, you should help.
Maybe not lazy. There have been times where I skip doing a puzzle here and there because I'm so packed with gags that I want to free up some room (use up a couple of useless gags) so that when I golf on the next floor, I have a better chance of restocking gags that are helpful. Although the excuse of skipping because they have fog is a bit stupid. Use that logic, if everyone has fog, then no one would solve the games. My idea is that if necessary, people can take turns (alternate between floors) on doing it.

Wow, the though of not playing never even occured to me. I love Bust-A-Move. lol

I'd love to hear more about how it works. and whoever can answer it is going to get recruited to do a guide :p
It's always been to my understanding that the person who solves a puzzle is always the one to get a gag. No, I won't do a guide. :lick:

K

Kippy

First of all, if are experieced in these golf courses you know to never bring more then 55 gags, and let me say that e.g. we are on the 6th floor and i have 3 fogs and 6 elephant trunks and 2 of the other toons have no fogs and very few elephant trunks, I will NOT do the marble game to let them try to get some fogs cause every puzzle I do is one less chance they have to get one! calling me lazy? I think not! it's called teamwork, if you don't leave them the chance to get some fogs, you will spend the next three floors luring, talk about taking forever! Back nine's are long enough as it is, work with your team not against them, understanding instead of calling them lazy is a great start.

F

Fangs McWolf

First of all, if are experieced in these golf courses you know to never bring more then 55 gags
When I think about it, I tend to go in with about 50 gags (up to 54). Still come out with so many gags that Goofy keeps asking me who my supplier is.

Your reasoning of "they need it so I'll give them a chance to get it" makes sense to me. Certainly better than "I already have fog so I'm not gonna do it." Your logic leaves room to still do the puzzles if others have fog, the other logic doesn't give that option. :)

S

Sarcatstic

Let me just say that a toon that i wont name here is a really bad fog hog! She works all the puzzles and steals all my fogs! Then holds on to them to use on her next run?

See kathy i didnt name your toon? :lick:

G

Granjell

Okay - so what I'm hearing is:

1) Only the toon that solves the puzzle gets the gag?

2) "Experienced Players" can choose to play or not play based on what gags they have?

3) Solving the puzzle quickly gives you a better chance at a "good" gag restock?

4) Back Nine's are Toontown's closest suburb of Hades?

K

Kippy

Okay - so what I'm hearing is:

1) Only the toon that solves the puzzle gets the gag?

2) "Experienced Players" can choose to play or not play based on what gags they have?

3) Solving the puzzle quickly gives you a better chance at a "good" gag restock?

1) yes

2) not only experienced players, just go with the team, if you have enough gags and they don't, give them the chance to get some good gags.

3) more like if you solve using less marbles, you get a bigger gag.

4) if I was english maybe I would know what that is, so I'll just say yes :p

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Marge you got it.

Chanty I love your new siggy. And No I dont know you until you start talking to me half the time. I am still waiting on that 6 page list of toons you have lol.

F

Fangs McWolf

No, it's not. It's so far beyond Hades that other things are closer, just not worse (like the Back Nine is).

I avoid the B9 like the plague. I'll hover near the M6 for awhile and then a group will finally show up.

4) if I was english maybe I would know what that is, so I'll just say yes :p
It's a reference to a place with another name that begins with an H. Think flames with a guy that is red with horns where people don't want to go when they die.

:)

K

Kippy

Marge you got it.

Chanty I love your new siggy. And No I dont know you until you start talking to me half the time. I am still waiting on that 6 page list of toons you have lol.

LOL too funny

It's a reference to a place with another name that begins with an H. Think flames with a guy that is red with horns where people don't want to go when they die.

:)
owooooo! oh no, it's nothing like that, it's so much worse!!!!! trust me!

S

Squeaker

Very funny Bob! I would love to work all the puzzles - they're a blast... But no, I take pity and let you win a few... :D

On a side note - I did my first back 9 in ages last night. Never again! Even with a couple of hilarious friends with me - it was long and painful. Just don't bring up the fact that I actually got lost in a maze! That was fuel for 3 rounds... Never again....

I only finished a few of the puzzles to keep my fogs full... none of us ran out.

L

Little Sadie

I bring 55-60 gags in the golf courses. If I have all my fogs I tell them I have enough gags and would you like some help. The others usually say no thanks or wait a minute. After a few seconds I again ask if they need help. If it is getting down to the last bit of time I jump in and help as to not let the timer run out. Usually the others will let you know if they got their fogs back by saying I have enough gags. Now that plus is out is makes it much easier to just say I have fogs and I'll let you guys play a bit til you get them to. This is the way I have always played the golf courses and thought it was pretty normal these days.

S

susan4633

it should be written in the TT players guide that you need to go into the CGC short on gags. i remember my 1st few runs when i didn't know any better. i ran out of fogs and it was painful for all of us.

when i 1st starting doing the puzzles, i thought of it as a competition ....lets see who gets the most! lol.

now i do what others do, i try to get my fogs back, once i do i say i have enough gags, and back off UNLESS time is winding down, then i try to help beat the clock.

A

ATIV7220

I've only done the few golfing runs necessary to get my Boss suit, so I understand everything except why would I go in with only 60 gags. How does the replenishment work that fewer gags improves my chances of getting fog back?

Thanks.

F

Fangs McWolf

I've only done the few golfing runs necessary to get my Boss suit, so I understand everything except why would I go in with only 60 gags. How does the replenishment work that fewer gags improves my chances of getting fog back?
Let's say you go in with 80 gags, use fog and then lure (on first set of cogs). Then you do the golfing and earn a cane and a whole fruit pie. Then you manage to solve two more puzzles before the last set of cogs for that floor. You can't earn anything else because you're already full.

Okay so last set, say you trunk and then use that fruit pie (with someone else using cake). You're down two now. Next floor, trunk and hose. Then to golfing. You solve four puzzles again. You are full again.

Say the say thing happens but the next time you solve five puzzles. You failed to earn a gag that you solved a puzzle for.

It's a vicious reward. Each time you get a reward like a weak gag, it not only takes up a spot you could have gotten a strong gag in, but also it's another gag that you either need to use or you'll be deleting it later in the gag shop, which is more of an annoyance.

If you go in with some of your strong gags missing (have all level 6 gags, but diet out some of your level 5 gags), then those level 5's are more likely to get filled and you have a better chance of getting used strong gags replaced if you happen to solve more puzzles than your use of gags.

L

Little Sadie

I take all my level 6s and all of my elephants. The only other level 5s I take are a few cream pies and hoses. Two pixie dust round it out. The only level 4s I take are 8 aoogahs. No other level 4s at all. I don't bother with any drop or trap but the level 6 ones. I always manage to come out with 5 or 6 canes, a few pixies and numerous fruit pies.

K

Kippy

this is what i bring:

Lev.6: 3 juggling balls, 2 tnt, 3 goggles, 3 fogs, 3 cakes, 3 clouds (17 gags)
lev. 5: 2 dust, 2 trap doors, 2 bills, 7 trunks, 3 cream pies, 3 hoses. (19 gags)
lev.4: 2 magnets, 10 aoogahs (12 gags)
lev.3: 2 lipsticks :p (2 gags)

total: 50 gags

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Here's another thing: wouldn't it be better to wait until all toons are at entrance to maze or edge of green before starting timers on them? The mole stomp is no big deal, but you lose laff if the timer runs out on either the maze or the Bust a Move (Thanks for the name, Trish!) I mean, it seems kinda rude to get going without everyone having a chance at the things. But I have seen toons who just run right on and don't wait, or God Forbid, try to glitch the maze and fly through!!! What are people thinking when they do that?

I blame Wall Street!
You hit it on the head Marge. This is the biggest problem with the CGC, that is once you can even get on a cart! Pinky and I tried to do 2 middle 6s last night. A toon would go through the doors (before they open), run up to the maze and just start before we were hardly through those doors. That is just plain selfish and rude. It is NOT a race people!! Same thing with the "bust a move". I do not understand people who have no concept of team play. Dont even start about the glitching and flying around the maze!! Learn to play the game already. It isnt that difficult!! The second middle 6 we tried, I was booted on the 2nd floor. We were with one awesome random and a rabbit who just loved throwing marbles. She called me 1 1/2 hours later saying she was finally out! He griefed them the whole time.

As far as Cog Golf Etiquette goes, consideration and respect for others goes a LONG LONG way!! (Along with realizing that maybe, just maybe, marbles will not take a level 11!!) Just take a few seconds to make sure everyone is around you before you start the maze or Bust a Move. :thumbup1:

Z

ZippyW

Just wanted to mention that I was actually SHUFFLED on Sunday because I didn't go into the back 9 with a toon friend I was helping because I didn't bring my full 80 gags! A toon told me they were sorry, not trying to be mean, but that I really needed to go in with ALL my gags. I politely disagreed. :D

G

Granjell

How could they tell you were missing gags? Did you leave slots empty?

F

Fangs McWolf

Just wanted to mention that I was actually SHUFFLED on Sunday because I didn't go into the back 9 with a toon friend I was helping because I didn't bring my full 80 gags! A toon told me they were sorry, not trying to be mean, but that I really needed to go in with ALL my gags. I politely disagreed. :D
#1 Avoid the back 9 like the plague.
#2 Should have asked that toon if they were new there.
#3 Avoid the back 9 like the plague.
#4 Should have tried to get people to do a middle 6 instead.
#5 Avoid the back 9 like the plague.
#6 If they had chat+ (and you too), could have asked, "You're kidding, right?"
#7 Avoid the back 9 like the plague.

Just in case there's a hint being missed here... AVOID the Back 9 like the plague! Okay anyways, there ya go.

L

Little Sadie

How could they tell you were missing gags? Did you leave slots empty?
When I do cgcs I leave empty slots open. I don't bring any level 4 throw, squirt, toon up and drop. You can see I have less gags by looking at them.

Z

ZippyW

Like Sadie, I had left a few places open. A friend needed like 2000 options, so we chose to go through the 9 since there were a few waiting there. The toon shuffling me told me a couple of times that I needed gags, with the chat. When I replied that I knew what I was doing, she insisted that she could SEE I didn't have enough gags! She even tried telling me there was a glitch that made ME think I had gags when I didn't, but she could SEE that I didn't and to trust her. Anyway, that was a first for me. I wanted to tell her to come here and read this thread, but thought I might find myself with a suspension. :scholar: