• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Coal armor full set

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All parts of the set not exceptionally crafted and so haven't maker's mark. It is my own opinion but I guess that this make the set much more valuable.
You can still make exceptionally crafted items without the makers mark, you just need to select the "do not mark option".

Nevermind, I'll start the bidding at 5m

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that looks like invasion armour to me.........

you need to check hues on Pinco EC, if thats coal you need to put that on the rares section.

until you are sure its best to withdraw as you may be accused of scamming and false advertising

the invasion armour was common and is only worth 1m<

also please note, back in the day there were quite alot of diff metal hue ingots, before the change to shadow,val etc

I am 100% certain that is NOT coal

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You got coal Ingots back in the days (1997/98) by smelting the coal you got with the naughty bag and than were able to Smith coal colored armor.
Even now, smelting the real coal armor pieces will give you only iron Ingots - same as Invasion or old odd colored NPC armor..
I have a bunch of coal Ingots but not sure if you still get coal armor out of it smithed since the System might only recognize them as normal Ingots..
But i dont want to try it anyway *Hughs coal armor and ranger armor Ingots*

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You got coal Ingots back in the days (1997/98) by smelting the coal you got with the naughty bag and than were able to Smith coal colored armor.
Even now, smelting the real coal armor pieces will give you only iron Ingots - same as Invasion or old odd colored NPC armor..
I have a bunch of coal Ingots but not sure if you still get coal armor out of it smithed since the System might only recognize them as normal Ingots..
But i dont want to try it anyway *Hughs coal armor and ranger armor Ingots*
Ranger armor was/is made from Leather, so how were you able to get ingots from it?

Vakula

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even now, smelting the real coal armor pieces will give you only iron Ingots
Thank you Ron!
I have a keep near Trinsic swamps and few weeks ago one of the houses on the swamp has collapsed. I have found a lot of very old items like Fel/Tram moonstones, practice weapon and this black plate set. Interesting that I didn't find any item younger than Age of Shadows (2003) – any part of samurai armor or weapon. So I guess that the black set is old too but I don't know more...
You can see the set on a picture (right tunic is common Shadow Iron tunic):

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii220/Vakula_UO/Coal_armor_set.png

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ranger armor was/is made from Leather, so how were you able to get ingots from it?
I have seen green ranger hued ingots from idocs, not sure if it was an exploit but they sell for loads! one of the items on my list that will never be finished

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To quote UOGuide, "At one time, there was a bug that alowed you to Smelt the segments into what have been dubbed as Ranger Ingots."

I know, bugs in UO, who'd have thought it... ;)

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen green ranger hued ingots from idocs, not sure if it was an exploit but they sell for loads! one of the items on my list that will never be finished
To quote UOGuide, "At one time, there was a bug that alowed you to Smelt the segments into what have been dubbed as Ranger Ingots."

I know, bugs in UO, who'd have thought it... ;)
Thx lads, you learn something new every single day! I love this game :danceb:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yes, there was a day (if i remember correctly realy just a day) as the ranger armor came out, someone found out by accident, it could be smelted and went to ranger green ingots..
First a feature, than a bug, now and for a long time, a rare :)

The black dye tub was a feature too first, than a bug, than it went to be an official reward item ;)

The dark black armor on your pic might indeed be a coal armor but its very hard to tell since there were
- NPC colored pieces back in the day
- Invasion Armor
- All kind of dyes in game now and in the past and not sure if it wasnt possible to dye ANY armor (not only artifacts) with them

The best way is to find out the 100% true color code of coal in game and compare it to the armor pieces - pretty sure someone knows it from the real experts (i am not hehe)

greets