• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Co-owners of homes can remove your stone creations!?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else notice that players on a co-owner account can double click and remove stone walls, floors etc - as well as manipulating them with the decorator tool! Guess you better really trust anyone you co-own and ask them to check any decorating tool at the door.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's not good. I would hope it would be that if the co-owner placed it - otherwise it would behave like any item house owner placed can't be altered by co-owners deal

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wow....you're right...I just tested it....

@Kyronix not sure how this slipped by the testing phase but it's not good.

I would hope that most people trust the people they have co-owned to their house but you just never know.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't trust someone, don't co-own them.

Would you give a key to your real life home to someone you didn't trust?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't trust someone, don't co-own them.
Perhaps trust wasn't the best word - not so much of a trust issue as a warning of an inconsistency. We have multiple levels of security on containers and teleporters (e.g. owner, co-owner, friend, etc.) - so I found it odd that stone wall placement skipped this model.

I trust myself as an owner in my own house but while decorating I have accidentally double clicked on floor tiles and had them go missing. I just thought it was odd since co-owners can't customize my house or unlock other items, yet they can unlock my walls, floors and manipulate them with a decorators tool.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Co owners can also axe certain items even if they didnt place them. This includes but is not limited to : Guildstones, Gozas, simple deco deeds (forges, ovens) and probably a bit more that im forgetting. With that, there has literally only been one person in my entire UO career that I have trusted enough to Co-Own. #trustissues. :)

A co owner could absolutely ruin a house if they flipped a switch...

I like the rule: if a friend/co owner didnt place/lockdown/secure an item he cant remove, change security, or unlock said item. I wish it applied to all items the same.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Co owners can also axe certain items even if they didnt place them. This includes but is not limited to : Guildstones, Gozas, simple deco deeds (forges, ovens) and probably a bit more that im forgetting. With that, there has literally only been one person in my entire UO career that I have trusted enough to Co-Own. #trustissues. :)

A co owner could absolutely ruin a house if they flipped a switch...

I like the rule: if a friend/co owner didnt place/lockdown/secure an item he cant remove, change security, or unlock said item. I wish it applied to all items the same.
Considering that only my own accounts get Co-owned ever this doesn't really effect me... but sure why not.

I'd like to have more than 10 on the co-owner list. But that's me.

Friends should NEVER be allowed to remove things.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah I am hoping for a fix to this. I made a huge shelving system for my neon gift boxes... and well, my husband who is rather click happy, hit a few of the floor tiles by trying to double click the bags. Shelves ruined... Maybe I should just remove him from co owner! That will make a fun dinner conversation =D