• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Clops Items and Houses

Marky mark

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Which is totally fine. No one Stop you from having 10 Accounts also
mesanna said it herself she wants it to be FAIR so to keep it FAIR to everyone just allow only one entry per person. Someone with that many account is only in this game for money and would be opposed against my idea.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
mesanna said it herself she wants it to be FAIR so to keep it FAIR to everyone just allow only one entry per person. Someone with that many account is only in this game for money and would be opposed against my idea
Well it says email, maybe it will be like the 500 free sovereigns... so even though you might have 10 accounts if they're all on the same email/master account you only get one entry. Now your second statement is just false, I only have one account myself but lots have multiple accounts for extra houses and characters. Doesn't mean they play the game for money, it's more like they're paying more money to play their style of game ;)

Marky mark

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well it says email, maybe it will be like the 500 free sovereigns... so even though you might have 10 accounts if they're all on the same email/master account you only get one entry. Now your second statement is just false, I only have one account myself but lots have multiple accounts for extra houses and characters. Doesn't mean they play the game for money, it's more like they're paying more money to play their style of game ;)
if that's the case how many ppl in UO have 10+ account to just play for fun? I find your opinion hard to believe.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Marky mark
I personally have five accounts open right now. I've had many more in the past. I don't play this game for money. I have one house for myself, a tiny Luna plot on ATL (which gives vendors to guildmates for free), and a couple of properties for guild use. You shouldn't assume that because we have multiple accounts that we're somehow profiting from the game. It's entirely fallacious.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if that's the case how many ppl in UO have 10+ account to just play for fun? I find your opinion hard to believe.
You'd be surprised, I think the average for most is 2-5 accounts and i've heard of a few players with 20+ accounts. It's more factual than an opinion really and it's been confirmed on different threads, you can't just assume that having more than 1 account means that your trying to profit from the game

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
where the 3 castle?
I think she meant she will be giving away 3 completely new castles at the 20th anniversary party in real life, not current castles. She would just place them somewhere and give them to people at the party.
My money (and hopes) would be on them being in Malas like the other give away ones.

Kingshore Dad

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm reading all about the unique items that are gone i became curious. Did by accident became something unique? i saw a lot of cursed trees on one roof for example.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 12 accounts and I play them all for fun. I like hoarding stuff, collecting bods, so yeah it is possible. House holder accts... your statement is invalid...

Marky mark

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I got 12 accounts and I play them all for fun. I like hoarding stuff, collecting bods, so yeah it is possible. House holder accts... your statement is invalid...
You can't call my statement invalid when there's truth to it. I can name some people that I know for a fact have that many accounts open just to make a profit.

Last edited:

Marky mark

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You'd be surprised, I think the average for most is 2-5 accounts and i've heard of a few players with 20+ accounts. It's more factual than an opinion really and it's been confirmed on different threads, you can't just assume that having more than 1 account means that your trying to profit from the game
True, but having more accounts to enter for a chance doesn't seem like a "fair" thing to me.

Marky mark

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Marky mark
I personally have five accounts open right now. I've had many more in the past. I don't play this game for money. I have one house for myself, a tiny Luna plot on ATL (which gives vendors to guildmates for free), and a couple of properties for guild use. You shouldn't assume that because we have multiple accounts that we're somehow profiting from the game. It's entirely fallacious.
I agree but lets be honest we know some people who only have that many accounts open to make money. Them having a greater odd of being picked is unfair knowing that the second they get it, it will most likely be put up on stratics for sell or their ICQ will be on that house sign taking offers for it.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
True, but having more accounts to enter for a chance doesn't seem like a "fair" thing to me.
But if they're paying for those other accounts then it is "fair"... you could have that same advantage by paying for more accounts. However like I mentioned above she might be doing it this way instead "Well it says email, maybe it will be like the 500 free sovereigns... so even though you might have 10 accounts if they're all on the same email/master account you only get one entry". Now that would be the "fair" way your looking for and it seems that's what she might be doing

Marky mark

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
But if they're paying for those other accounts then it is "fair"... you could have that same advantage by paying for more accounts. However like I mentioned above she might be doing it this way instead "Well it says email, maybe it will be like the 500 free sovereigns... so even though you might have 10 accounts if they're all on the same email/master account you only get one entry". Now that would be the "fair" way your looking for and it seems that's what she might be doing
I really hope so I'd hate to see it go to someone who is only looking at it as a easy transaction.

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
that only effects the people that have their accounts linked and not the ones that would be selling accounts which they would have them all unlinked not to mention she might get swarmed by people wanting their accounts unlinked which you can do also.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I think she meant she will be giving away 3 completely new castles at the 20th anniversary party in real life, not current castles. She would just place them somewhere and give them to people at the party.
That's my take as well. There's plenty of Vesper, Grimswald, and Malas castle spots open, as well as several Abyss houses. I'd bet it's some 6 of those.

Re # of accounts, given that she's requiring an email address, I'm assuming it's 1 per email, regardless of # of accounts.

As for the rares, as she said in that screencap, she's keeping (deleted?) those. :(

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
It is amazing how people say that this is "unfair" based on the number of accounts that you have!
This is the same thing of buying a lottery ticket, the more tickets you have, the more chances you have, and this is everyone's choice, you can pay $12 a month or you can pay $300 a month, it is your choice!
Explain How this is unfair, for the 1st time I see this a fair chance to anyone, you can have 1 account or 50 accounts, they are all paid the same way..... anyone here can open 5,10,15,20 accounts and enter to participate, is your choice and your money :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hmmm reading all about the unique items that are gone i became curious. Did by accident became something unique? i saw a lot of cursed trees on one roof for example.
Some of them were unique because they were designed that way on purpose, and the EM only ever created 1 of those items total in the history of the game.

There are other items though, which were not intended to be unique, and originally there were 2 or 3 of them but over the years all except 1 were lost, deleted, or trapped in a banned account's bank box.

Then there is the third type of unique item, the illegal ones. Items created by rogue EM's who were not allowed to make them, but created a special one of a kind for item either for themselves or a friend.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I See it like realtor.

I pay 4 Accounts for my houses. So why should i only be allowed to Take Part 1 time because Mine are linked?

It Looks to me that you are the unfair Guy who wants to increase His chances for a 25 or 50 plat House with a Minimum of invest.

So dont school US others only because some damn fart is wrong in your brain.

@mods yes i accept Mark for telling this guy the Truth.

No one stops you from opening 10more Accounts.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, a few 1 of 2 items are now uniques since the deletion.

older 10 or less drop items may become slightly more valuable, and documentation should be updated.

anything after the drop change, post S13? items that never had static numbers to begin with (like the cursed trees) might be slightly harder to find, but sinces theres no accurate numbers on those seasons anyway, no change to documentation would be needed.

I

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
mesanna said it herself she wants it to be FAIR so to keep it FAIR to everyone just allow only one entry per person. Someone with that many account is only in this game for money and would be opposed against my idea.
Your idea is ****. **** **** **** ****

You pay a quarter of what I pay but want the Same chances like me.. no idea in which world you Kid live.

Same like this crap with the Free souvs..

I guess I can now request a Mass Discount for my monthly subs too.. LOL

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just because I pay for 5 accts monthly shouldn't mean I'm penalized in any way compared to someone paying just 1 acct monthly.

Just another form of greed IMO.

Marky mark

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
your idea of fair is off from fair. Let me give you an example that even a kinder could understand. If 2 people fight but 1 took steroids because they paid and won the fight doesn't mean it was a fair fight. Youre only complaining because as I mentioned the only people that will oppose this idea are people with greed in their hearts. We all know who you are. I'm done trying to explain to your type.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm assuming since it's an artwork or a "clicky" that will be placed that it will be one entry per account like event items allow. That would be optimal I think as well. If somebody has 30 accounts, then they are supporting Ultima Online and should have those chances. My wife, daughter, and myself have 6 accounts together, but they are on two emails only. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I can enter 4 times and those two can enter once each. Then if I win I'd just have to fight my wife for the castle. *Someone do that sword fight animation!* :) :)

Either way though... Mesanna did good on this one. Thank you Mesanna and staff; keep it up guys! Good work on everything this week; believe it or not, you've restored a lot of faith into the community I think. You've gave us the best expansion ever with the taming and fixed a huge problem that nobody (that I know of) even knew existed I don't think. Thanks again.

Last edited:

MrUber

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
accounts? hmm i have a few lol

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam pretty sure this will only be the start...theres gonna be some nervous players out there...for sure...for sure...

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i dont know what you are talking about.

IF i pay 10 accounts i should have also for all the chance to win this raffle simple
IF you dont want to pay 10 accounts then this is on you

sorry but i dont know why you actually complain, now you actually HAVE a chance to get one of them against a scripter.. lol smoke one and relax

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It was just a matter of time before someone got caught doing corrupt things as an EM/Advisor. Ive known it was happening since at least 2010, and im sure a lot of the so-called rares community is involved in it. I could care less about shiny pixels and didn't do many events before I knew, but once I did find out, I never went to events since. People that get chosen to be EM/advisor should NOT be allowed to play the game while they are doing their jobs. Their accounts should be closed until they are no longer working for them. Their only rule is you cant be a EM on a shard you play, problem with that is how easy it is to transfer in this game. This guy should be sued in real life and that money should go towards improving the game for honest players. Delete everything he owns and leave his houses as burned ruins for a couple of weeks as a message to other cheaters that still play. This is a big part of the reason why the game has been vastly dying over the past few years. His apology doesn't mean **** since it wouldn't be there if he didn't get caught. I say publicly hang him in luna square. I only play the game to pvp and that part of the game has been dead for years now, ironically pvp was also destroyed by mass cheating. Go figure. Just thought I post on this subject and give my opinion of the cheaters.
Did you inform the "powers above" that you knew? Just curious.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think 1 chance per account is the fair way to do it. BUT, only "full time" accounts should count. "90 day game" accounts should not be allowed a chance. My opinion of course. :)

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Tailoring it to better favor you? I can play that game. I want to have it based on account age favoring those who have the least amount of time with it being inactive. Oh, and also favor whomever has spent the most money in the Online store.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tailoring it to better favor you? I can play that game. I want to have it based on account age favoring those who have the least amount of time with it being inactive. Oh, and also favor whomever has spent the most money in the Online store.
Tailoring better for EVERYONE who pays EVERY MONTH for their accounts. Not just 4 times a year.

MrUber

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tailoring better for EVERYONE who pays EVERY MONTH for their accounts. Not just 4 times a year.
o so ppl that run 5-9 accounts because they want to have extra housing (and have been paying for extra for YEARS)... what dont count? stfu should simply be 1 shot per account active or maybe one chance per master account ...there is nothing wrong with having some full time and some housing accounts..

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ROFL, I guess y'all missed the part where I said it was my opinion. RIF FYI, I have 7 accounts and every one is paid 12 months a year. Just sayin'.

Aquarius88

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My opinion...... #1 Destroy all the houses and items, nobody will earn money or something... includes all the scripters at the plots atm... go for detect hidden..^^ its awesome..
#2 make a Rare Museum with all of the rares .
#3 Auction and sell the items

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Folks,

As I am sure we can all understand, this whole 'incident' with Clops' accounts has hit all of us in one way or another. Many of us are dismayed and disappointed about what has happened. The repercussions are still being felt, and I am sure there will be additional reverberations from all that has happened. There are many here among us who had done deals with Clops, or his associates, are not entirely sure if the items you have bought are legal. There is a lot of misinformation going around out there.

With that said, I am giving a public warning to please keep ANY accusatory comments about others off of Stratics. If you believe someone was a bad actor in this whole ordeal, please report it directly to Broadsword. Making public accusations about Stratics posters or ANY Broadsword employees, whether it be the developers, other EMs, GMs, advisors, and so on... it's just not going to stand here. This isn't the venue for it.

Many of us are hurting right now. It sounds like Mesanna is atleast doing the right thing by 'raffling' these houses off in some fashion as opposed to burning them down or letting them go IDOC. It's okay to disagree over how this should be carried out, but let's take the temperature level down a bit here. The details on all of this is still fairly slim, as all we have are a few screen shots folks have posted based on limited conversations with Mesanna.

Please don't put the moderators in the position of having to play the bad guy and issue warnings. This can either be an opportunity to come together or to let a situation like this divide us further.

The Rules of Conduct can be found here: Rules of Conduct | Stratics Community Forums
The Progressive Discipline system notes can be found here: Progressive Discipline Points System | Stratics Community Forums

EDIT:
The May 2017 Newsletter clarified what will be done with the houses and other items affected.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The May UO newsletter just came out, and involves some information about this situation. Also, all glacial cloth and clothing made from it is being deleted apparently.

Untitled.png

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And like I said...it's JUST the houses not the items....

Still a pretty good deal, he had some nice luna spots :)

Here's a link to the newsletter
May's UO Newsletter

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The concept of 1 per email vs 1 per account is laughable when talking about "Fair" because people with multiple master accounts still have an advantage over people with singles regardless of how many accounts are attached to each email.

1 Per Account, Yesplskthx.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should do the raffle for all of the legal items along with the houses. I have read afew times where it was said that they can look at item ids and tell if the item is real or not. Raffle is all off with the houses. You shouldnt let the community have to suffer and lose all of this great history b/c of one person.. One ticket per account, all accounts have to be atleast like 3 to 6 months old. You can only place that one ticket for any one item or house...

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The May UO newsletter just came out, and involves some information about this situation. Also, all glacial cloth and clothing made from it is being deleted apparently.

View attachment 66808
This is the dumbest explanation I have ever heard from her on rares. If rares weren't meant to be trophy items they wouldn't give them out in such low numbers (mainly speaking of the old system), and @Mesanna herself wouldn't have given out such amazingly expensive "trophies" at her events.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is the dumbest explanation I have ever heard from her on rares. If rares weren't meant to be trophy items they wouldn't give them out in such low numbers (mainly speaking of the old system), and @Mesanna herself wouldn't have given out such amazingly expensive "trophies" at her events.
I think she meant it more along the lines of letting them stay or displaying them would be creating a shrine to Clops, and it would be like giving him a trophy for his corruption.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I think she meant it more along the lines of letting them stay or displaying them would be creating a shrine to Clops, and it would be like giving him a trophy for his corruption.
Maybe that's what she meant but the legal items were owned by a lot more people than clops in the past, and would have been owned by some others in the future. Clops always liked to switch his deco up and trade stuff. Just seems like a "plucked out of thin air" reason to delete the legal items. It is what it is tho, we can't do anything about it. I just hated the response. Maybe if we are fortunate she will have some events and give out some replica type stuff. *crosses fingers*