• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] client hangs on login

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
suddenly My EC with pincos only get as far as entering user/ps, stops
nothing happens. any idea?
/firewall/av off)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
hmmm on that same screen go in to the custom ui and switch to the default then try logging in if it stills does it its not the ui but something else

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm on that same screen go in to the custom ui and switch to the default then try logging in if it stills does it its not the ui but something else
same for default, reinstalled, still cant get passed login (allthough top left of screen changes to show my account logged in)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same for default, reinstalled, still cant get passed login (allthough top left of screen changes to show my account logged in)
try to make a new char on TC and check if works...
I had this issue with few VERY old character... I had to open 2d client and move them away for being able to enter with EC, and still I can't explain why :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This situation, logged in but can't see the char, is what typically in 2D used to mean your char was 'black holed'. I did it once myself, entering a highly decorated castle with a pc that just couldn't handle the extra load.

Logging in with a better pc, or asking a GM for help was the only way out of it. I'm not very familiar with EC, but the similarity I think should not be ignored. I tentatively suggest (on the strict understanding that someone with more knowledge may tell you I'm totally wrong) logging the char in with 2D. Possibly doing a clean up of the char's macros, desktop and bank box and maybe turning down some graphic settings

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
question: did you install an nvidia tool named "nvidia network manager" recently? if so... uninstall it! :p i had some problem and others have had it too, this seems to be a common sinner.

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no nvidia manager.
And no, I dont get blackholed, even if I enter wrong logon info, it just stops and does nothing upon enter/arrow click.
only thing I can do is hit the back arrow or quit, It doesnt freeze just wont go past logging in.

fresh system install same problem, I cant get it to log.
No patch errors, all seems fine untill I try login

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What happens if you try to log in with the CC?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
pinco i am wondering if removing the character folder to desktop so it recreates another folder might work? the ea stygian abyss folder located in my documents?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pinco i am wondering if removing the character folder to desktop so it recreates another folder might work? the ea stygian abyss folder located in my documents?
if it's a profile problem yes. the folder is in my documents\ea games.
Sometimes delete the entire settings could help :)

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you tried with a fresh new character?
no since I cant login with any account, not even a fake one, wont get as far as getting to the login error. The screen never changes after I enter user/ps.

Also, when I did the re-installs, I used remove program, then deleted the leftover folders in installation folder (completly).
Do info on EC still linger in the registry? If so, how/what should I look for?

I tried several directories for installation, and there is no blocking in firewall/av since its all removed for the time being.
On my laptop it works great, so I even tried duplicating the install on my laptop; same problem.

I think its a registry issue or driver issue, but I cant seem to understand how that interferes with the login; since game splash etc works fine?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
In the ec your files are stored in 2 different location your profile and character info are stored my documents\ea games.
the game itself is stored on c drive program files/ultima online stygian abyss make sure
the later one is completely gone
make sure and back up the first one and then delete it completely (this is all your macroes character info shards etc

next what operating system are you use ing ? windows 7?

whe you go to install and run the game for the forst time make sure and run as administrator when you run these

also you may try running it firectly from the uo folder there are two you can run from in this folder one is uopatch.exe and the other is uosa.exe try running each of these as admin!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if that doesn't help I am not sure what else to do maybe a reg cleaner!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the reason I say delete character folder is incase there are errors in there when you try to run the game it will restore these folders

also one other thing when you run it make sure on the login screen to check the box at the bottom to run full file check this may make it take a while to run as it will check each file!

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the ec your files are stored in 2 different location your profile and character info are stored my documents\ea games.
the game itself is stored on c drive program files/ultima online stygian abyss make sure
the later one is completely gone
make sure and back up the first one and then delete it completely (this is all your macroes character info shards etc

next what operating system are you use ing ? windows 7?

whe you go to install and run the game for the forst time make sure and run as administrator when you run these

also you may try running it firectly from the uo folder there are two you can run from in this folder one is uopatch.exe and the other is uosa.exe try running each of these as admin!
Ok =)
Both directories uninstalled manually removed leftovers.
(didnt bother backing up, since I havent been able to do something in there of worth while it worked)
I always run as admin, just to be sure I double checked last go.
I tried both exe from folder directly, same problem.

I use win vista home premium, 32 bits sp 2

Question, I did not reinstall AFTER deliting the character folders in my documents, do I have to completly reinstall client after trying to delete the chardata folder? (EA got a poor speed patch server, I have no intention watching the game patching for the next 1,5 hours again tonight =) )

Thanks for all the help, I really like to play UO again on this comp!

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm just found this; any clue? (patchlog in logs folder)
Strange because when I patch it I get no errors

[2011/03/03 15:37:04] Failed to load string table from [data\strings\english\patch.txt]. Trying english fallback.
[2011/03/03 15:37:04] Failed to load string table from [data\strings\english\patch.txt].
[2011/03/03 15:37:04] String table load failed!
[2011/03/03 15:37:05] Failed UI copy from [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\patchui_win.dll] to [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\libpatchui.dll]. Trying safety load of source dll.
[2011/03/03 15:37:05] No usable UI present! Initializing 'headless' patch.
[2011/03/03 15:37:05] libpatchclient initialized.
[2011/03/03 15:37:05] No acceptable splash screen file found.
[2011/03/03 15:37:05] Currently running as [D:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2011/03/03 15:37:05] Currently running as [D:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2011/03/03 15:37:05] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2011/03/03 15:37:06] Failed to load string table from [data\strings\english\patch.txt]. Trying english fallback.
[2011/03/03 15:37:06] Failed to load string table from [data\strings\english\patch.txt].
[2011/03/03 15:37:06] String table load failed!
[2011/03/03 15:37:07] Failed UI copy from [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\patchui_win.dll] to [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\libpatchui.dll]. Trying safety load of source dll.
[2011/03/03 15:37:07] No usable UI present! Initializing 'headless' patch.
[2011/03/03 15:37:07] libpatchclient initialized.
[2011/03/03 15:37:07] No acceptable splash screen file found.
[2011/03/03 15:37:07] Currently running as [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.bin]
[2011/03/03 15:37:07] A full file check for product [EAMythic Patcher] has been requested.
[2011/03/03 15:37:08] Patch size is 1437490
[2011/03/03 15:37:18] Failed to load module [http]
[2011/03/03 15:37:18] libpatchclient initialized.
[2011/03/03 15:37:18] Currently running as [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2011/03/03 15:37:18] Currently running as [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2011/03/03 15:37:18] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2011/03/03 15:37:19] Failed to load module [http]
[2011/03/03 15:37:19] libpatchclient initialized.
[2011/03/03 15:37:19] Currently running as [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.bin]
[2011/03/03 15:37:20] Nothing to patch for [EAMythic Patcher]
[2011/03/03 15:37:57] Patch size is 2047755952
[2011/03/03 16:31:28] Patch Operation Complete.
[2011/03/03 16:56:16] Failed to load module [http]
[2011/03/03 16:56:16] libpatchclient initialized.
[2011/03/03 16:56:16] Currently running as [D:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2011/03/03 16:56:17] Currently running as [D:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2011/03/03 16:56:17] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2011/03/03 16:56:17] Failed to load module [http]
[2011/03/03 16:56:17] libpatchclient initialized.
[2011/03/03 16:56:17] Currently running as [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.bin]
[2011/03/03 16:56:17] Nothing to patch for [EAMythic Patcher]
[2011/03/03 16:56:22] Nothing to patch for [UO]
[2011/03/03 16:56:22] Patch Operation Complete.

---------- ------- ---THIS IS THE LATEST FRESH INSTALL!!! --- ------- ----------- --------

[2011/03/03 19:51:38] Failed to load module [http]
[2011/03/03 19:51:38] libpatchclient initialized.
[2011/03/03 19:51:38] Currently running as [D:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2011/03/03 19:51:39] Currently running as [D:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2011/03/03 19:51:39] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2011/03/03 19:51:39] Failed to load module [http]
[2011/03/03 19:51:39] libpatchclient initialized.
[2011/03/03 19:51:39] Currently running as [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.bin]
[2011/03/03 19:51:39] Nothing to patch for [EAMythic Patcher]
[2011/03/03 19:51:41] Nothing to patch for [UO]
[2011/03/03 19:51:41] Patch Operation Complete.
[2011/03/03 19:53:31] Failed to load module [http]
[2011/03/03 19:53:31] libpatchclient initialized.
[2011/03/03 19:53:31] Currently running as [D:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2011/03/03 19:53:31] Currently running as [D:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
[2011/03/03 19:53:31] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2011/03/03 19:53:32] Failed to load module [http]
[2011/03/03 19:53:32] libpatchclient initialized.
[2011/03/03 19:53:32] Currently running as [D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.bin]
[2011/03/03 19:53:32] Nothing to patch for [EAMythic Patcher]
[2011/03/03 19:53:34] Nothing to patch for [UO]
[2011/03/03 19:53:34] Patch Operation Complete.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
pinco is the expert with these files but the first thing i notice is it looks to be trying to run from d: drive

where did you download the game from ? if you are trying from a disk i recomend going to uo site and downloading from there

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pinco is the expert with these files but the first thing i notice is it looks to be trying to run from d: drive

where did you download the game from ? if you are trying from a disk i recomend going to uo site and downloading from there
Its because I formatted the c:\ drive as a system partition, I have all my installs etc on D: partition, I DL'ed from the uo / ea site

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try this:
- change the game folder permission and set it to everyone with full control
- start the game as admin

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try this:
- change the game folder permission and set it to everyone with full control
- start the game as admin
Gave all and everyone full acsess rights, all privelegies, and removed any write protection afterwards to be sure, still no go; Im baffled on this; guess Ill have to stick with my laptop =(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more things that comes on my mind are:
- the fact that you could have one of the few unsupported graphic card...
- not enough disk space for download the autopatch files
- try to switch to full screen with alt + enter (remove the cursor from the user/password textbox first)
- install the game on another computer, patch all and then copy the game folder to your laptop by overwriting the existing one (if in the other computer the game works, you can skip the corrupted files problem)

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loads of space, no alt+enter, I doubt is gfx card, it worked for a day . Copying over the install didnt work.

I had it working, installed pincos ui, the decor pack ( oh and i had legacy mod working pre pinco) i started messing with the files for pincos, think i copied to wrong folder and deleted etc here and there, upon trying to relog with the new ui, this happened. So I did something wrong somewhere ( not the ui's its my own error) i dont know what i did though, and I cant understand what is broken, specially after all things you had me testing here. A clean insyall/fresh dl should work, nomatter what files i removed first go. Also, the oroblem seems to be sending packages to EA, seems the login server doesnt respond to my requests. Is there an official support option? Playing CC on a 32" lcd is murder for my eyes

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loads of space, no alt+enter, I doubt is gfx card, it worked for a day . Copying over the install didnt work.

I had it working, installed pincos ui, the decor pack ( oh and i had legacy mod working pre pinco) i started messing with the files for pincos, think i copied to wrong folder and deleted etc here and there, upon trying to relog with the new ui, this happened. So I did something wrong somewhere ( not the ui's its my own error) i dont know what i did though, and I cant understand what is broken, specially after all things you had me testing here. A clean insyall/fresh dl should work, nomatter what files i removed first go. Also, the oroblem seems to be sending packages to EA, seems the login server doesnt respond to my requests. Is there an official support option? Playing CC on a 32" lcd is murder for my eyes
ok, now we have excluded all the causes:
- CUSTOM UI: can't be because is loaded when you enter the game
- Corrupted files: just installed so can't be
- Missing Internet Connection: can't be because 2d works...
- Admin rights: all set to admin so can't be
- Hardware compatibility/malfunction: all seems to working right so can't be

So the only thig that can be is the firewall. In some way your antivirus/firewall program/windows firewall is blocking the communication between client and server.
I'm using kaspersky and at the first start he said that the uosa.exe is a keylogger and ask me if I want to block it ( :D ) maybe your antivirus don't ask and cut the connection :p
That's the problem.
So just try to disable firewalls and antivirus and check if pass the login screen :)

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, now we have excluded all the causes:
- CUSTOM UI: can't be because is loaded when you enter the game
- Corrupted files: just installed so can't be
- Missing Internet Connection: can't be because 2d works...
- Admin rights: all set to admin so can't be
- Hardware compatibility/malfunction: all seems to working right so can't be

So the only thig that can be is the firewall. In some way your antivirus/firewall program/windows firewall is blocking the communication between client and server.
I'm using kaspersky and at the first start he said that the uosa.exe is a keylogger and ask me if I want to block it ( :D ) maybe your antivirus don't ask and cut the connection :p
That's the problem.
So just try to disable firewalls and antivirus and check if pass the login screen :)
Thing is, i disabled my av , firewall and even defender 3 installs ago. Guess ill do a complete system wipe, and see

Eht/Longbow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend's EC client also hangs on login. We've tried disabling the firewall/anti-virus and still it will not go past the login screen. I connected my laptop to his internet and it works fine. So it is not his modem. We reinstalled it and it still does not work. Any ideas?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are your friend and you using the same antivirus suite? If not he should try your antivirus software or use a small free scanner. UOSA.exe i have also be confronted with is not really recognized as good program the last 2 - 3 month.

Try one login attemp after you have removed the full suite.

But no problem uosa is clean only the scanner is stupid ;)