• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

client crashing logging in certain char

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started logging all my chars in to get the valentine's day gift on the only shard I play, Napa, and out of my seven chars, one crashes the client every time I've tried to log him in tonight. I'm using classic client. This char hasn't been logged in since the holidays for those gifts. The char was last logged out in my house, that I'm sure of. Could something that I've locked down/secured since then be causing the issue? That's the only thing I can think of that might be the culprit. I definitely don't want to lose or delete this char or the items on him. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try logging in with the EC.
50 minute download with a 15 mb/s dl speed for the EC, then over two dozen dead start ups of the client file so far, some including a message that some .dll file is missing. The other times I don't get the .dll error message, I hit the "play" button on the patcher, then nothing happens. I never liked the EC, starting to dislike it all over again: I can't even get it to load now.:wall:

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uninstalled the EC. Reinstalled the EC again for another 45 minutes, and have the same issue: I run the patch client, wait for the play button to highlight, hit it once it does, and either nothing happens at all or i get a system error message that d3dx9_34.dll is missing and to reinstall the the program. WHY?!? Nevermind.
Back to the real problem, why can't I log in with this particular character; why is logging in crashing the client every single time i try?