• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Client Crash In the Presence of the Crimson Dragon

• Thread starter Teufel_Hund
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

Teufel_Hund

Anybody else experience this? Three times this morning in Skara on GL.

K

Kiminality

2D client, I presume?
I've heard people commenting on lag, while facing the CD, ranging from slight to unplayable.
Perhaps coincidental, but while facing the CD, I've noticed increased hard drive activity.

My guess would be that anything from a restart of the computer, to a reinstall of UO might help you.
You might want to try a defrag of the drive with UO on, as another option.

T

Teufel_Hund

6.0.11.0 Patch 86 I thought that was the latest? Isn't it? I hate Vista

B

Bullet

I too have patched and have had this multiple times. Annoying part is i keep ending up in Jehlom and have to run all the way back!

J

jelinidas

But on the positive side ...
at least you get the Crimmy Dragon. All Cats has is towns full of hatereds and fasehoods. No spawn, no dragon. :(

Wolfrat

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was running the 2D Client v 6.0.11.0 Patch 72 (is this not the latest?) on XP (most current update) with recently defragged disk and was eaten thrice by Crimmy D when in Magincia on Europa due to lag of AN Ex Por proportions. I'm not going near that beastie again in a hurry!

T

Teufel_Hund

But on the positive side ...
at least you get the Crimmy Dragon. All Cats has is towns full of hatereds and fasehoods. No spawn, no dragon. :(
Yeah but I do not get to see the Crimson, my client tanks when it is off screen! Damned frustrating.