• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Clean Legendary Bone Arms

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to go ahead and change this to an auction. 12 mods, no negatives and good intensity. Basically a free armor slot.

Auction ends Wednesday, 4/24 @ 6pm EST
The item is on Catskills and the buyer is responsible for pick up ( though I may be transferring to Atlantic soon for the rares fest).
Payment accepted on Atlantic (preferably) or Catskills
All bids must be placed in this thread
10 min rule applies
I will include a Forged Metal of Artifacts tool with 1 remaining charge in the purchase.

If you are interested in viewing, this item is locked down on the top floor Medusa tile at my Catskills Luna house (Luna Gate House). The house is one screen Northeast of Luna gate:

PM, reply or ICQ me 264113256 with any questions.

Happy Bidding!

Last edited:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id like to help out with some clarification about the new armor patch. Because i know the mage armor w/non med armor confused me. You do not get the 3 percent non med lmc bonus from non med armor with the mage armor property, and you can not refine it. Basically it acts as if it were leather armor. However, you can remove the mage armor property for the cost of 250k from a mage guildmaster npc, and then you can get the lmc bonus, and are able to refine the piece. So the mage armor property opens up a few options for what your going to do with the piece. Good luck selling, awesome find.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Very nice arms for a mage! If you don't mind me asking, what dropped that beauty and how much luck did you have on?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so the mage armor can be removed to make the total LMC to 13%? Can anything else be done to it? like adding more defense proior ot enhancements?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id like to help out with some clarification about the new armor patch. Because i know the mage armor w/non med armor confused me. You do not get the 3 percent non med lmc bonus from non med armor with the mage armor property, and you can not refine it. Basically it acts as if it were leather armor. However, you can remove the mage armor property for the cost of 250k from a mage guildmaster npc, and then you can get the lmc bonus, and are able to refine the piece. So the mage armor property opens up a few options for what your going to do with the piece. Good luck selling, awesome find.

This is correct as I understand the patch notes and through my adventures on test center. I could have missed a change in the pub notes as the system evolved, but also the medium stamina damage protection offered to bone armor would be negated with the mage armor property. But the new system is pretty clever I think. It combines the top 5 armor slots for the category bonus. This allows for some flexibility in building suits, giving you one free piece without breaking the system. In this case, you could equip non med studded/bone/hide armor in the other 5 slots and still reap the full stamina protection bonus and the +15% LMC bonus (over 40% cap).

Personally this would be the path I would take if I built a melee/archer suit around this piece. I think someone would be plain bonkers to scrub the mage armor tag from this. Mainly because the system would not allow you to put it back on in the future. From the notes, the npc will only add mage armor to pieces with 4 or less mods. So once you scrub it, it is gone forever. Thus limiting the number of templates you can use the piece on and killing resale value if you ever wanted to get rid of it in the future.

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
exactly, as a mage with the casting focus/lrc on the piece, i would never get rid of mage armor if I was you, good luck

Last edited:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice arms for a mage! If you don't mind me asking, what dropped that beauty and how much luck did you have on?
I don't mind at all. I got it from unbound evs in tram shame. I really can't tell you what luck was in effect. As I understand the system, the luck roll is applied from a random member of the party to each piece separately. There were 4 in the party. 2 had no luck, 1 had 1k luck and the 4th had 1.5k luck + honor. A little fair warning. Though it only takes 1 mob to drop the loot, I have farmed ev's pretty regularly since the loot revamp. I have looted thousands of mobs and this is my first clean Legendary.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so the mage armor can be removed to make the total LMC to 13%? Can anything else be done to it? like adding more defense proior ot enhancements?
I really wouldn't recommend removing mage armor. As far as anything else, It can be insured, blessed, enhanced, powdered, repaired and re-powdered. It can not be further imbued or reforged. If anyone is seriously interested, I would be happy to copy it to TC and let you experiment with it all you like there.

Last edited:

LOTR

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have been looking at this post for more than 10 times. Sorry Nail, I have to bid 500m.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why not just open it up for auction and let it run its course
Done! I was working on this as you posted. Forgive me, this is my first auction. I am trying to copy the rares forum general format for auctions.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What can you enhance this with? It is bone, so I don't think it can be enhanced.

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
U can enhance it with leather. I personally would enhance that piece with horned though because its the most balanced that way and only one resist less.

It goes to...
20 22 22 20 22

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its a good piece I was going to offer maybe 300m at max, nice resists, make other pieces need less resists, but with enhanced boost with latest pub well resists is not really a problem now. I am mostly looking for pieces with casting focus of course but also a eater ( 1 piece with 15 all damage eater, and if possible 4 others pieces, 2 with 15% kinetic and 2 with 15% fire eater). These bone arms tho has 10 lrc which is nice to fit with LT sash or a mana orb 10% lrc. But again miss an eater in this piece to make it extraordinary special for a legendary...

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I know its off-Topic sorry but how would you see the chances of Etheral Gazers droping clean legendary items, anyone?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know its off-Topic sorry but how would you see the chances of Etheral Gazers droping clean legendary items, anyone?
I think if it can drop a legendary item, then it can drop a clean legendary item. It is just a mod roll past legendary where negatives are all but certain.

1/2 hour left!

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you to both of yall as well. Quick and easy transaction. :)