• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Client not saving up Macros upon logging off, anyone knows a fix ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having problems with macros not being saved in the Classic Client.

When log off, and then log back in, the macro is no longer there and I must re-do it.

Quite annoying.....

I do ALT-O, press Macro Options tag (4th to the left), press ADD button, make the macro, press buttons APPLY and OK, then press LOGOUT button from paperdoll and the the red QUIT button from the UO login/logoff gump.

When I log back in, the macro is no longer there and I have to do it again.

Anyone please know of a fix ?

Thanks.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you have more chars then one with same name things can get messy.

if not.. maybe try and delete the macro file... and replace with a clean one from a new char.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
every time i start uo i have to un-check "reduce display framerate" on each character i play. it does not save. does anyone know what the problem is or how i can get it to save?

sometimes the other options get messed up too, like "run mouse in seperate thread" but not as often. mainly the framerate one.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you have more chars then one with same name things can get messy.

if not.. maybe try and delete the macro file... and replace with a clean one from a new char.
Ouch, deleting it would mean losing all macros saved up..... meaning, I would need to redo them all....

No other fix which would not involve deleting my current macro file for the character ?

And no, I do not have 2 characters with the same name....

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try copy and paste from another char who has similar macros(this is what I did for all my guys) and also do the same for the screen file?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean screen file ? Which is the CC screen file ?

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the path on my system= Libraries-Documents-EA Games-UO Legacy-Used Data-Account-Shard-Player info

Screen info is called Desktop.uos and is the file used for the desktop view(

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Do it matter what key you use for your macros, in the past there was a problem with the number keys, and I had to edit keynames.txt, Num should changes to NUM and the Space had a problem too. When you add the key in options, the name should be the same as in your keynames.txt. I'm Danish, was not a problem with US or UK
However I think they fixed that, I had not had problem at the last patchs.

There should not be an issue with writing right as the desktop files are in the document folder.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You find a file called uo.cfg in your game installation folder. This creates the template for your new characters as a default.

You also find a uo.cfg in your %userprofile%\documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\%Accname%\%Shard%\%Charname% - this will override the global uo.cfg that is in your gamefile installation.

Make sure they not write protected, and fix them as you need. If it is not a uo.cfg in your documents - it will save a new one next time you log out.

A way to fix them all, is to edit the one in gamefile catalogue - and delete the others, and it will save a new next time.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure they are not write protected in you document folder.

And the uo.cfg must contain correct name inside it - or it wont work. The desktop.uos and macros2d.txt is copyable to any char. But they cannot be write protected.

It can be possible that it is a error in the uo.cfg file. You can open that in notepad and edit it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You find a file called uo.cfg in your game installation folder. This creates the template for your new characters as a default.

You also find a uo.cfg in your %userprofile%\documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\%Accname%\%Shard%\%Charname% - this will override the global uo.cfg that is in your gamefile installation.

Make sure they not write protected, and fix them as you need. If it is not a uo.cfg in your documents - it will save a new one next time you log out.

A way to fix them all, is to edit the one in gamefile catalogue - and delete the others, and it will save a new next time.
thanks ill try that :)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I merged these two threads as they were quite similar. Please don't be mad at me!

*hides*

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I merged these two threads as they were quite similar. Please don't be mad at me!

*hides*
I hate to say anything negative because we're not supposed to criticize the moderators. However, since you seem a tad bit unsure whether you did the right thing, I'll give you a little feedback: To someone just coming into the thread for the first time, it was a rather confusing read because you merged the threads!!

Now I'm gonna hide. Don't smash me please with the ban stick for saying something. Just trying to be helpful.